Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

@Gisooo @tracy Can you help me check if Ralph Hart (Imdb) is still alive? I saw in radaris a Ralph Hart with same birth month and year, and living in Yucaipa which fits the description of a small desert town in California according to a blog about his whereabouts. He is marked as deceased but no details were given.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whoismakoto said:

@Gisooo @tracy Can you help me check if Ralph Hart (Imdb) is still alive? I saw in radaris a Ralph Hart with same birth month and year, and living in Yucaipa which fits the description of a small desert town in California according to a blog about his whereabouts. He is marked as deceased but no details were given.

Nope, still alive plus he is not marked as dead on Radaris

https://radaris.com/~Ralph-Hart/1501498218

• Like 1

A curious case between Helen Thompson (Imdb) and Ana Corita or Anakorita (Imdb). Do you think they are the same person and should be merged? The comments also suggested she could have passed away after October 5, 2019 (death of Amalia Fuentes mentioned in the post)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02m1nuEwrfArePxNJZYy5rm3hLGBdWR7c3RxF82jCTa5e49LBwTXPLbjT2ZrKqsfZml&id=106803680735846&mibextid=Nif5oz

Looking for Dulcie Jordan (Imdb). Filmography would suggest she's probably dead or at best in her 90s today. Found an article that her husband Louis Shurr died way back in 1967. Found a record that as Dulcie J Shurr, she lived in NY

21 hours ago, whoismakoto said:

Looking for Dulcie Jordan (Imdb). Filmography would suggest she's probably dead or at best in her 90s today. Found an article that her husband Louis Shurr died way back in 1967. Found a record that as Dulcie J Shurr, she lived in NY

Died on December 26, 2011. She was known as Dulcie Hammack after her first husband died and then Dulcie Smith. There's no DOB on MyLife, but she was probably born in 1928.

• Like 3

On 20/12/2021 at 13:53, Thatcher said:

Pinocchio

Patricia Page - she performed 'I've Got No Strings' as a marionette along with Mae Questel and Mel Blanc, with Dickie Jones as Pinocchio. Also appeared in 1952 British crime film Hammer the ToffI've never seen Hammer the Toff, but it may be possible to estimate an age from her in that which could help discern if she is likely to be living today. 

Fantasia

Corey Burton b. 1955 (narrated the 2000 and 2010 re-releases).

Hugh Douglas b. 1944 (narrated the 1982 re-release).

Tim Matheson b. 1947 (narrated the 1985 re-release). 

Dumbo

Harold Manley - sole acting credit, no further information available.

Tony Neil - also appeared in American film released 1940 based on the sequel to Little Women, Little MenWould have been around schoolboy age in that film so must've been born c. late 1920s/early 1930s.

Billy Sheets - sole acting credit, no further information available. Credited as one of the clowns, so perhaps older when Dumbo was released in 1941 and therefore perhaps likely deceased.

Bambi

Stan Alexander - I understand to be this person (active on Facebook in March 2020).

Peter Behn b.1934 - did media appearances as late as 2017 and appeared in documentaries for the making of Bambi in the 90s.

Janet Chapman b. 1932 - appeared in films from 1938 to 1946 as a child actress, discussion on a forum here with claims she married a Walter Soule and seemingly alive as of 2017. 

Jeanne Christy - sole acting credit, no further information available.

Dolyn Bramston Cook - sole acting credit, no further information available.

Donnie Dunagan b. 1934 - appeared in films from 1938, with Bambi being his final in 1942. As the voice of Bambi his death may actually be reported on.

Babs Nelson - appeared in films from 1936, with Bambi being her final in 1942. Report of a death of a Babs Nelson here - this lady was born approx 1928 and so the age would tie in with other film credits, also attended Julliard so could plausibly be her.

Sandra Lee Richards - appeared in films from 1939 to 1952, credited as a 'young girl' in The Great Victor Herbert so likely born early-mid 1930s.

Francesca Santoro b. 1933 - appeared in films from 1940 to 1942, including The Great Dictator. She did an interview on working with Charlie Chaplin here in 2015, which gave further information as to her life since acting. I understand her to be this lady, active on Twitter as recent as December 2021.

Bobby Stewart - sole acting credit, no further information available.

For the vast majority of these they will either already be deceased or will die off the radar, but this covers the first 4 Disney films with voice actors listed as living on IMDb. 

Donnie Dunagan looks pretty well for his age here. Also with Disney still in contact with him when he does die an official tribute  is pretty likely and that would be enough for obits.

• Like 2

Does anybody know if actress Barbra fuller still alive or dead. She was born in 1921 and married to lash larue

32 minutes ago, cgay said:

Does anybody know if actress Barbra fuller still alive or dead. She was born in 1921 and married to lash larue

Mentioned hundred times here, yes still alive living in a nursing home in Sherman Oaks, CA.

This is my IMDB list oldest living from 1919-1938. If anyone is passed I don't know about it would be awesome if you helped 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls530370629/

5 hours ago, cgay said:

Jack Bravman can be dropped from here. Everything out there points to him being born in 1944, not 1926. (IMDb refuses to change it for whatever reason.)

Skimming through some other names, Warren Hammack is one you can take out as he died in February. Aly Wassil also likely died in September 2018 per familytreenow. I believe @Gisooohad some sources that showed Tony Franke died in 2018 as well.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, Today I was able to find info on Hammack and got his imdb updated and removed from my list. I also tried updating Bravman's age see if I have any luck I did remove him from list. Aly and FRanke found nothing about so I cant update and will leave them on list until info comes out

Edited by cgay
more info

On 05/09/2022 at 23:58, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Is actress Betty Chay still alive? I can't find any record of her death, but if she is still alive, she'd be 120, turning 121 in December.

Apparently still alive, and I still can't find any records stating otherwise. :P lol

Need help finding info on actor Jonathan Terry if he still alive or not. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0856016/

I was told he 56 in 1985 so maybe birth year of 1928 or 1929 

any info would be great

On 25/03/2023 at 11:32, The Old Crem said:

Donnie Dunagan looks pretty well for his age here. Also with Disney still in contact with him when he does die an official tribute  is pretty likely and that would be enough for obits.

Disney would put one out even if they found out from TMZ. Bambi is too important to them as a legacy film to not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whoismakoto said:

Suzy Miller (Wiki) ex-wife of Richard Burton, was written dead here under the name Suzy Burton.

She married to Jack Cawood after Burton divorce, accordig to this, since 2013 she was living in Spanish Island of Ibiza. I doubt that she is not dead, but even if she is, it is impossible to trace her in Spain.

So the actors who played the heads of the five families in The Godfather

Corleone: Marlon Brando (died 2004)

Barzini: Richard Conte (died 1975, was apparently the back-up choice to play Don Vito if Brando turned it down/was too difficult to work with)

Tattaglia: Victor Rendina (died 1985)

Cuneo: Rudy Bond (died 1982)

Stracci: Don Costello.

Now Don Costello is impossible to research, as he shares his name with another actor who died in 1945. Costello also appeared in The Godfather Part 3 in a different role, but the rest of his career is basically B-movies. IMDB does mention he appeared on the public access show Stairway to Stardom in the 1980s, and as that show has developed a cult following among found footage-devotees in the time since, there are clips of him available:

There's a comment under that video reading "RIP DON 1828-2014", which I assume is a typo, but 1928 sounds like a feasible year of birth for the actor... can anyone ascertain if the commenter had it down right?

I am looking for confirmation of possible death dates for the following two actresses. The first is Leslye (or Leslie) Banning. Born Mary Louise Welch in Los Angeles, November 15 1930. Latterly known as Mary Lou Rogers, residing in Simi Valley. The site "Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen" lists her as deceased sometime between 2010 and 2015, but I have not been able to discover anything more specific from other sources.

The second actress is Bombay-born (1940) Janine Gray (as Janine Catherine Glass), latterly resident in Cape Town and likely under the name of her husband (Greaves). Wikipedia has her listed as having died in Cape Town on April 5 2022 but has provided no corroborating evidence to that fact. Would anyone be able to furnish further information ?

Since I submitted this post, Wikipedia have now deleted the death date for Janine Gray.

I'm trying to find out if the guy who played the janitor in Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music video is still alive.

His name is Tony de la Rosa, born 1921. He was apparently still alive in 2019 to do a parody of the video with Weird Al...

1991:

Slts_janitor.thumb.jpg.7a0ecf652cb75b8a4ec8e5dc0f213b19.jpg

2019:

WeirdAl4.jpg.8d33a133ae4dfee249dc30b761b9a0f8.jpg

13 minutes ago, Estuarian Float said:

He was apparently still alive in 2019 to do a parody of the video with Weird Al...

2019:

WeirdAl4.jpg.8d33a133ae4dfee249dc30b761b9a0f8.jpg

.......That video is from 1992.

I'd say dead.

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

.......That video is from 1992.

I'd say dead.

Whoops. Was looking at a 2019 article about it thinking it was new. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

On 29/04/2023 at 15:53, Imhotep said:

I am looking for confirmation of possible death dates for the following two actresses. The first is Leslye (or Leslie) Banning. Born Mary Louise Welch in Los Angeles, November 15 1930. Latterly known as Mary Lou Rogers, residing in Simi Valley. The site "Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen" lists her as deceased sometime between 2010 and 2015, but I have not been able to discover anything more specific from other sources.

The second actress is Bombay-born (1940) Janine Gray (as Janine Catherine Glass), latterly resident in Cape Town and likely under the name of her husband (Greaves). Wikipedia has her listed as having died in Cape Town on April 5 2022 but has provided no corroborating evidence to that fact. Would anyone be able to furnish further information ?

Since I submitted this post, Wikipedia have now deleted the death date for Janine Gray.

Leslie Banning (Wiki), died on July 22, 2014 in Simi Valley, CA at the age of 83.

Updated here again, another off radar actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Leslie Banning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Leslie Banning (Wiki), died on July 22, 2014 in Simi Valley, CA at the age of 83.

Updated here again, another off radar actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Leslie Banning

Thank you for the information !

• Like 1