Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

IMDb has always put pages up for upcoming shows and films with cast listings though.
But they shouldn't be added names that are speculated / not confirmed.

I think that's fine for commercial productions which are usually under way, but not for intended live coverage of a real event.  Not before it's taken place.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The site is getting worse IMO. Hopefully Elon Musk will buy it and sack everyone.

:lol:

• Like 2

According to Equity Magazine also these actors are dead, can someone find when?

Maggie Don (IMDb) - born 1943
Michael Stainton (IMDb) - born 1935
Michael Munn (IMDb) - born 1952 (there are two, don't believe is the author)
Ruth Meyers (IMDb) - born 1936

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Munn (both the actor and writer) died "at the end of July" from a heart attack according to this. Odd that he died completely off-the-radar.

21 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes, but she can't have appeared in something that hasn't happened yet.  And that applies to everyone else listed under it - even the King!  The event shouldn't be on there at all.

Yeah. I mean obviously there is more of an chance of Harry and Megan skipping it but anyone could become unwell and not be able to attend. They would only 100% cancel for Charles maybe not even for Camilla. 

On 03/09/2022 at 07:02, Gisooo said:

Apparently his page has been updated with a date of death, there are so many speculations that he is dead, also his name is found in the register of deaths in Tivoli according to historical researchers. Although they do not consider it as a "reliable source"!

There are old photos on social media, very few, but they were taken before 2016!

Swiss-Italian actor Paul Muller (wiki) is indeed deceased.

The Italian Westerns blog covered this issue in August, and they give their source as Peplum Paradise, a group of film historians on Facebook.

The National Library of France have updated their entry with the same death info on his profile. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!

A past DDP pick I believe. Also on at least one shadow list this year!

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 10:26, drol said:

Is Jake LaMotta's fixed match opponent Billy Fox actually still alive? 

Finally solved Billy Fox (wiki).

His wedding notice from 1947:

img.jpeg.353f91bbfa07005ea3e0457597b529db.jpeg

His death notice from 1986:

img-1.jpeg.1bf80b1073271a04dc94d3cfc0425b79.jpeg

Did in January 1986, aged 59, after years spent in a mental institute.

Sucks to be Sir Cunto who has him picked in a pool this year!

Edit: This means every opponent of Jake LaMotta who has a Wiki page is deceased.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, whoismakoto said:

Anyone can confirm on ancestry.com if the actress Sharyn Payne (Imdb) is Sharyn Lynne Kamrath in ancestry.com who died in 1986?

Yeah, it's an exact match:

Name: Sharyn Lynne Kamrath [Sharyn Lynne Payne]
Social Security #: 558624669
Birth Date: 30 Aug 1945
Birth Place: California
Death Date: 26 Aug 1986
Death Place: San Diego
Mother's Maiden Name: Driggs
Father's Surname: Payne
  • Like 2

Can anyone help with this one?

England cricketer Mary Johnson (wiki) is on my watchlist on Wiki. Someone just edited her page today to say she died on 17 Jul 2017 (aged 92). Can't find confirmation for this anywhere. Sadly you can't search in the GRO by first name alone. I'm not sure if Johnson was her married name or not?

How would we go about confirming this one?

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone just edited her page today to say she died on 17 Jul 2017 (aged 92).

Hm... the IP who did this also edited the living centenarians list to remove Tatyana Frutze, citing her Russian wiki article. This was also done in September by an IP who also killed off Lise Nørgaard and Marita Camacho Quirós, citing nothing. If it's the same person, they might have just made it up.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 17:16, Spade_Cooley said:

I checked Guys and Dolls a little while ago when the missus was watching it. Obviously it's a clean sweep at the top, but Renee Renor (the singer who performs "A Woman In Love") has very little information online about her. Certainly no death date.

So this book says Renee Renor's real name was Evelyn Camarillo, and she later married someone with the surname Medina. There is an Evelyn Camarillo in the 1940 census, who was born in 1937... is the woman in this clip older than 18? I'm aware that teenagers looked ancient in the 1950s:

• Like 1

Need Help on Actress Carolyn Stellar mother of Leif Garrett and Dawn Lyn. In this article about Dawn, Leif mentions Carolyn passed away this year. 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/31/my-three-sons-star-dawn-lyn-coma-brain-surgery-remove-tumor/
I can't find anything on Stellar's passing can anybody help

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0826323/  this is her imdb page

13 hours ago, cgay said:

Need Help on Actress Carolyn Stellar mother of Leif Garrett and Dawn Lyn. In this article about Dawn, Leif mentions Carolyn passed away this year. 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/31/my-three-sons-star-dawn-lyn-coma-brain-surgery-remove-tumor/
I can't find anything on Stellar's passing can anybody help

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0826323/  this is her imdb page

According to FB tributes, Carolyn Stellar died on November 3rd from stage 4 lung cancer.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

According to FB tributes, Carolyn Stellar died on November 3rd from stage 4 lung cancer.

Actually she died on September 2, 2022 in LA, CA according to Accurint

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whoismakoto said:

Trying to find if British actress Gillian Owen (Imdb) already died in Australia? I believe she is Gillian (Jill) Owen in ancestry.com whose husband is Australian journalist Norman MacSwan. More info about her

http://amp.smh.com.au/national/director-used-action-to-enlighten-20110127-1a6qg.html

Could've saved yourself time by just searching in the Ryerson Index:

MacSWAN Gillian Death notice 17MAR2010 Death late of Mosman Sydney Morning Herald 27MAR2010

MACSWAN Norman Finlayson Death notice 02DEC2008 Death 91
 late of Sydney, formerly of Maclean Daily Examiner (Grafton) 06DEC2008

• Like 1

I would be very happy if you solved this for me

Jacqueline Fontaine (IMDb), actress born 1927, birth name Joyce Romeo, married two times. I can't find her anywhere?

14 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Jacqueline Fontaine (IMDb), actress born 1927, birth name Joyce Romeo, married two times. I can't find her anywhere?

Her IMDb profile says that she was once married to Lenny Bruce.

There is nothing on Ancestry, Newspapers.com, Wikipedia, or in any Lenny Bruce biographical books about this marriage. I think it's bullshit.

9 hours ago, Gisooo said:

She is listed as Mrs. Lou Muccuilla (*probably Miccuilla) of Las Vegas in her father's 1979 obituary.

Interestingly, her father (b 1909) later married somebody around the same age as his daughter later in life and had two other daughters with her... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is British trumpeter Duncan Campbell (Wiki) still living?

What about opera singer April Cantelo (Wiki) ?

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Is British trumpeter Duncan Campbell (Wiki) still living?

We already covered him in December 2020. Our findings weren't definite but it's likely he's still alive in the south of England.

(there is no Duncan Campbell born 1926 in that area in the GRO up until December 2021, so likely he was alive up until then).

31 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

What about opera singer April Cantelo (Wiki) ?

99% sure she's still alive. Someone at the Telegraph has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of opera singers, and they pick up on news of the deaths of obscure ones pretty quickly. Cantelo is far from obscure. Looking at her Wikipedia, she had quite a prominent career!

Edit: Opera Magazine wished her a happy 94th birthday earlier this year, so definitely living.
2nd edit: Someone did a portrait of April in old age in 2021. It's here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am seeing rumors actress June Blair died can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1