gcreptile

21. Vanessa Redgrave

Pretty physically punishing for a dying woman.

• Like 1

Just checking the DeathList names.... 

she got a German lifetime achievement award, but couldn't accept it in person because of an "accident" mid-March:

https://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/leute/article216717453/Vanessa-Redgrave-erhaelt-Goldene-Kamera-fuers-Lebenswerk.html

• Like 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Just checking the DeathList names.... 

she got a German lifetime achievement award, but couldn't accept it in person because of an "accident" mid-March:

https://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/leute/article216717453/Vanessa-Redgrave-erhaelt-Goldene-Kamera-fuers-Lebenswerk.html

Are we suspecting a 2nd DL hit?

28 minutes ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

Are we suspecting a 2nd DL hit?

Not this year :P

• Haha 2

Looked quite frail and elderly last week giving a reading an audience less concert hosted by Katherine Jenkins at the Royal Albert Hall .

• Like 1

Happy 84th birthday :birthday:

• Like 3

Happy Birthday Vanessa!

3 hours ago, markb4 said:

Pass the sick bag, Alice! They're just a pair of geriatric lefty luvvies bragging about their middle class lifestyles.

If there was a real proletarian revolution, those petit bourgeois Trots would be amongst the first against the wall

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Pass the sick bag, Alice! They're just a pair of geriatric lefty luvvies bragging about about their middle class lifestyles.

If there was a real proletarian revolution, those petit bourgeois Trots would be amongst the first against the wall

At least they agree with me on something that's been discussed here before:

Vanessa Redgrave: Well, may I say, you’re the same. It’s true of any good actress. By the way, Guardian, could you stop calling actresses “actors”?

Miriam Margolyes: Yes, I’m an actress! On my passport I’m an actress.

Miriam is either telling porkies or she has an extremely old - and illegal - passport. Since when was occupation listed on a passport....

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NJD123 said:

Miriam is either telling porkies or she has an extremely old - and illegal - passport. Since when was occupation listed on a passport....

Was about to say that too. It's certainly not currently listed on British ones. I don't know about anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Was about to say that too. It's certainly not currently listed on British ones. I don't know about anywhere else.

She holds Australian citizenship but I don't think occupation is on their passports either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man About The Forum said:

She holds Australian citizenship but I don't think occupation is on their passports either.

Image result for australia passport

Nope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

At least they agree with me on something that's been discussed here before:

Vanessa Redgrave: Well, may I say, you’re the same. It’s true of any good actress. By the way, Guardian, could you stop calling actresses “actors”?

Miriam Margolyes: Yes, I’m an actress! On my passport I’m an actress.

Vanessa and Miriam are risking being "cancelled" - the woke establishment regards "actress" as a sexist and non-inclusive term.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NJD123 said:

Crass, loud mouthed Miriam Margolyes talking shite?

Well I never.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Vanessa and Miriam are risking being "cancelled" - the woke establishment regards "actress" as a sexist and non-inclusive term.

And as I've said before, it's very silly because acting is one profession where one's sex is relevant. 

If you are casting a male role you are almost always looking for a male actor, and a female actor for a female role. 

So it is practical and convenient to have words which distinguish between the two.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NJD123 said:

You can have your stage name on the observation page but she uses her birth name. She can have her OBE  mentioned in it.

I know from following some Call The Midwife cast on Twitter that filming has been completed for S10. So I assume she has completed all the voice over work needed for that plus Christmas special. She may have done other voice over stuff as well for S11 depending how far they record.

Was a guest on A Good Read on Radio 4. Sounded very frail and husky. Made Eileen Atkins sound like thirty years her junior 

• Like 3

Just started the Call the Midwife Christmas special and she sounded rough as anything doing her spoken intro. Enough to notice, and enough to make me wonder if she'll be around to do it next Christmas. Merry Xmas, all.

• Like 2