paulh85

Strictly Come Dancing

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Rylan co-hosting It Takes Two with Zoe Ball. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6935461/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Rylan-Clark-Neal-join-forces-Zoe-Ball-Takes-Two.html

I'm assuming she needs the help given her breakfast radio duties, but for God's sake, him?

Sadly, he makes everything he appears in unwatchable. I decline to watch the spin off show henceforth.

The only time I have really encountered him is on Radio 2 in Zoe Ball old slot. A little annoying but nowhere near Jonathon Ross levels of anger inducing.

• Like 1

Furious with Rylan Clark-Neal for blemishing the last bastion of quality TV, "Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two" with Zoe Ball

• Like 1

Gary Rhodes of series 6 becomes the fourth to perish. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ebless said:

Gary Rhodes of series 6 becomes the fourth to perish. 

Was convinced Rhodes had been in a pointless Celebrities  episode but it seems not. I wonder who I was thinking of. 

This is another thread what shouldn't exist -- you and your goddamn English-centric horseshit.  Buried a top 10 American TV show thread but you let this treacle exist. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why the FUCK isn't this in reality TV show.... why do you fuckers think this is 'important' enough for it's own thread but you BURIED one for a top 5 TV shows in American television, I see what's going on here P. Bearer NO ONE IN AMERICA ever heard of this shit.  Shit without an 'e'.  Fuck you and the 'paul85' person who created this nonsense.  Is this a P.Bearer 'alt'?
I want the name of the person who moves the threads  ------ you cocksucker.  Why did you bury Sanford and Son into 'American Sitcoms' you cunt.  More people watch this is RERUNS than this cunt show.
If all y'all want a UK site then man up and banish Americans.  If you don't quit pretending it is.  Goddamn assholes. 
This thread is an atrocity exhibition.

SC'

• Haha 1

I'm Canadian and I demand a 'Beachcombers' thread!

I mean, if you don't mind, please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely if we include Dancing with the Stars that should pacify SC

Dancing With The Stars is the same show as Strictly Come Dancing,  just an alternate title in certain countries. And since this threads title doesn't specify the UK version then anyone who passes from the UK,USA,Australia's etc version of the series could theoretically be posted in this thread. For example if 5 TIME 5 TIME 5 TIME 5 TIME 5 TIMES  Worlds Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzionowski had an unexcpected death it could be posted in this thread * He was a runnerup in Polands version of the show in 2008

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Was convinced Rhodes had been in a pointless Celebrities  episode but it seems not. I wonder who I was thinking of. 

Nigel Kennedy the fiddler dude ?

Obviously where this belongs. Is Caroline Flack's death the first of a winner of the show?

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Obviously where this belongs. Is Caroline Flack's death the first of a winner of the show?

Not remember 2011 when Al Megrahi and Robin Gibb danced to the nations hearts?

I mean, yeah, apparently it is.

• Like 1

"Pop star" HRVY will be performing in 2020.

I can't wait to see his Ch-Ch-Ch. ;)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

"Pop star" HRVY will be performing in 2020.

I can't wait to see his Ch-Ch-Ch. ;)

Fuck, I must be getting REALLY old.  I've only heard of 2 of them. 

• Haha 1

Not really DL-related but the chance for a quick rant. Former boxer Nicola Adams is on the show, having specified that she will only dance with another woman.  I'm not homophobic in the slightest, I'm really not, but is it right for the 'stars' to hold the BBC to ransom like this? Presumably she will be dressed as a man for the whole series - or as long as she's in it (I don't see the Strictly demographic voting for her en masse somehow) and leading. Two women in big frocks dancing a waltz is going to look ridiculous after all. She will effectively  be a male contestant. Not sure this sets a great precedent, but hey, maybe I'm just an old reactionary. 

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Not really DL-related but the chance for a quick rant. Former boxer Nicola Adams is on the show, having specified that she will only dance with another woman.  I'm not homophobic in the slightest, I'm really not, but is it right for the 'stars' to hold the BBC to ransom like this? Presumably she will be dressed as a man for the whole series - or as long as she's in it (I don't see the Strictly demographic voting for her en masse somehow) and leading. Two women in big frocks dancing a waltz is going to look ridiculous after all. She will effectively  be a male contestant. Not sure this sets a great precedent, but hey, maybe I'm just an old reactionary. 

I had wondered if she would be a leader or a follower so that’s answered my musing.

Live and let live - if gay couples do ballroom dancing (which they do) then it’s high time Strictly has gay couples - hopefully not a token gay a series but just take what they get when they look for celebrities.

i don’t know much about gay couples and how they identify but in ballroom you either have to be a leader or a follower so makes sense she would ask to be one or the other.

I will still watch, and I'm not so furious about this that I will switch over as soon as she appears. Good luck to her, I guess ... but plenty of gay contestants - male and female - have appeared on the show in the past and had no problem with dancing with someone of the opposite sex. Like I said, a precedent is being set here, and I don't see it going down well with the show's largely middle-aged and 'small c' conservative fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I will still watch, and I'm not so furious about this that I will switch over as soon as she appears. Good luck to her, I guess ... but plenty of gay contestants - male and female - have appeared on the show in the past and had no problem with dancing with someone of the opposite sex. Like I said, a precedent is being set here, and I don't see it going down well with the show's largely middle-aged and 'small c' conservative fanbase. 

Dancing With the Stars in Ireland and Australia (and that is what I can quickly find on Youtube) have had same sex couples dancing so not exactly breaking barriers when other countries have done it first. Just look at Courtney Act dancing here. I hardly think you'll be giving her a chance when you say you will turn off as soon as she appears. Maybe open your mind a little.

Just because she's queer (more specifically bisexual) - doesn't mean she's going to be dressed in a suit all the damn time and if so then she'll rock the fuck out of it.

Queer people have been dancing with same sex partners for a while now and so it should be broadcast to show representation, especially to girls who are black and bisexual and have never felt represented.

To those conservatives who don't want queer folks on TV - then bye bye.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Dancing With the Stars in Ireland and Australia (and that is what I can quickly find on Youtube) have had same sex couples dancing so not exactly breaking barriers when other countries have done it first. Just look at Courtney Act dancing here. I hardly think you'll be giving her a chance when you say you will turn off as soon as she appears. Maybe open your mind a little.

Just because she's queer (more specifically bisexual) - doesn't mean she's going to be dressed in a suit all the damn time and if so then she'll rock the fuck out of it.

Queer people have been dancing with same sex partners for a while now and so it should be broadcast to show representation, especially to girls who are black and bisexual and have never felt represented.

So what's wrong with the 3ft tall, one legged hermaphrodites then?

24 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Try reading the first line of my last post again ... that's exactly what I said I wouldn't be doing. Still think she'll be voted off early doors though. 

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I don't see a precedent being set, surely it's personal choice? Will Young was disappointed a couple of seasons ago he couldn't dance with a man. Susan Calman specifically requested that she not be paired with a woman (mainly because she hoped to dance with Kevin from Grimsby and got her wish). Nicola Adams was approached to star and said she would like to dance with a woman, something that has been mooted for a couple of years and here we are, I don't think she forced anything. Also, it's not a requirement in the future, just an option - gay stars will presumably get a choice of partner.

I also think you may be surprised how she does, but while it's never *just* about the dancing, it certainly plays a part: if she's awful, she'll go early, if she's decent, her personality and decision (because she'll get plenty of support from the gay community for this I'd imagine) may get her a fair way, same as most of them.

Women dancing with each other is pretty commonplace and has been for generations - it's nothing to do with sexual orientation, just convenience.

• Like 1