YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

I was hoping Peter Snow might make an appearance on the BBC tonight. Thinking about it, I haven't seen him on TV for a while, so perhaps someone to keep tabs on?

I reckon turnout for the referendum will be somewhere in the high 80s percentage wise. If it's above 83.9% it would beat the 1950 general election turnout to highest UK wide referendum/election turnout (the Scots take the crown of highest turnout in a UK election or referendum at 84.3% last year since figures appear to be available - easily at least - (1918) in England. Although I reckon that's extremely optimistic as the 1975 one garnered only a 65% turnout.

I still reckon, similar to the Scottish referendum, turnout will pale any general election in recent years.

Summer, likely to be a warm sunny day with daylight until after 10pm, voting on a subject I suspect the vast majority of people don't give two shits about either way, despite the vocal loud minorities on both sides?

It'll be around the AV referendum turnout, I'm guessing.

I think you seriously underestimate how much the average person cares about having their say on the EU. Postal votes will massively help boost turn-out as well.

No results in yet, but given turnout figures already reported, I'd just like to concede this point. Deathray was closer than I was.

7% of Ukip voters plumping for Remain has to be stat of the referendum.

• Like 3

Newcastle nowhere near high enough for Remain. It's gonna be an Out.

This could turn out to be a bit of a cliffhanger.

Black coffee on standby...

• Like 1

I'd just like to take this calm-in-the-eye-of-the-storm moment to thank god for giving me an "innie" belly button.

What have you guys/gals got?

• Like 1

I'd just like to take this calm-in-the-eye-of-the-storm moment to thank god for giving me an "innie" belly button.

What have you guys/gals got?

innie.

Bankers are throwing a hissy fit at prospect of leave win and the pound is now plunging against the dollar

shit, I should have ordered those fuckin shoes 2 weeks ago!!

Eden have voted to leave.

If God's fucking garden has decided to go...

• Like 2

As a bit of light relief, here's what some daft bimbo posted on the local Facebook page

I'll be glad when it's all over with - and the Euros so I can get back to the regular soaps! Maybe I should vote leave as then England won't be in the Euros next time and it won't be all over the telly as much.

• Like 3

As a bit of light relief, here's what some daft bimbo posted on the local Facebook page

I'll be glad when it's all over with - and the Euros so I can get back to the regular soaps! Maybe I should vote leave as then England won't be in the Euros next time and it won't be all over the telly as much.

:banghead:

Hahaha. And her vote counts exactly the same as anyone else. Always on the proviso that anyone that dim could actually find the polling station.

Oh f**k, now a massive tide of Remain votes from the Look At Me I Live In Landan brigade. f**k iiiiiiiiiiiiit fuk thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I might be getting those "cheap" shoes after all! (Concrete shoes from a gang of "refugees".)

f**k this goodnight

Oh f**k, now a massive tide of Remain votes from the Look At Me I Live In Landan brigade. f**k iiiiiiiiiiiiit fuk thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I might be getting those "cheap" shoes after all! (Concrete shoes from a gang of "refugees".)

f**k this goodnight

Have faith brother,

We shall be free.

I voted remain by postal vote

Ex Pats shouldn't even have a vote.
I'm still a citizen

Ex Pats shouldn't even have a vote.
I'm still a citizen

Yeah, you care so much about the UK that you live in the USA.

This is gonna be fucking good.

Scotland - remain. Everycunt else - oot.

The UK tearing itself apart, perfect :)

Time for a new Chinese phone I think, and zyklons shoes are gonna be cheap :)

• Like 1

Looks like it's going to be Leave then.

We live in interesting times...

• Like 1

Forces Indy Refagaindum, by which time the EU won't be a worth a shit so Scotland will need to come out anyways :lol:

I hope you like your politics North of the Border. Talk of a second General Election once Boris inevitably wins the leadership contest. So that will just be:

Independence Referendum (I) - September 2014

General Election - May 2015

Scottish Election - May 2016

EU Referendum - June 2016

General Election - October 2016?

Independence Referendum (II) - September 2017?

I hope you like your politics North of the Border. Talk of a second General Election once Boris inevitably wins the leadership contest. So that will just be:

Independence Referendum (I) - September 2014

General Election - May 2015

Scottish Election - May 2016

EU Referendum - June 2016

General Election - October 2016?

Independence Referendum (II) - September 2017?

We'll need a new set of pencils for that lot then!