YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

A Boris / Trump tagteam for this bear.

This has to be the biggest 24 hours in UK politics for a decade at least.

banana.gif

I'm not celebrating until I know who's replacing him.

2010 Election Day was pretty big due to all the uncertainty. But in terms of genuine seismic change, I can't think of anything comparable. Even the decision to go in wasn't this enormous.

As for who's replacing him, it's impossible to look past Boris. This is exactly what he planned when he joined the Out camp.

Boris gets in, negotiates with EU and we have another referendum in 2/3 years.

Yesterday's Bild is such a whining piece, roon yez.

13495646_10154878148782004_3058600609543

Maybe people need to calm the fuck down.

This is Chicken Licken syndrome, the sky hasn't fallen down and it wont.

Maybe people need to calm the f**k down.

I not sure being satisfied that the sky hasn't fallen down is necessarily the standard we were setting for ourselves...

• Like 1

In January I bet money on Teresa May becoming PM by the end of the year at odds of 11/1. I'm quite hopeful about my chances.

• Like 1

Your odds are probably close to 50-50 now. Can't see it being anyone other than her or Boris.

I'm not a Brit but I see no problem there as I said before, EU won't last long, no Empire lives forever and by now joining over 50 different countries and cultures never worked for Europe and it never will. Back in 20something I voted NO when Croatia was holding a referendum for EU. Everything just went down the drain since we joined and in 5 years we had the constitution changed over 20 times and since 2010 we had more elections then ever before and still our government fell just the other day......EU is just a pile of shit and money wash led by mafia and I was hoping for it to vanish forever. Europe will never be US. I sure hope so.

I not sure being satisfied that the sky hasn't fallen down is necessarily the standard we were setting for ourselves...

What standard were we setting for ourselves then?

In January I bet money on Teresa May becoming PM by the end of the year at odds of 11/1. I'm quite hopeful about my chances.

Before I gave up the gambling about six years back, I told everyone to put a £10 on Priti Patel being the next PM at odds of 66/1. She's 9/1 now.

The standard of being in the best position going forward as a nation, which 90% of the perceived wisdom said was inside the EU.

In other news, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed a second Independence referendum is "on the table" as the terms under which the last referendum took place have changed significantly. Hard to argue with her.

EU voted out.

Cameron resigned

Sturgeon virtually calls Second Indy Ref

Some Irish polticians discuss United Ireland vote (only a majority of those in NI would need to vote in favour)

Motion of no confidence issued to Corbyn

Bloody hell, definitely the most politically seismic 24 hours in modern history.

• Like 1

As great as this feels, what happens if there's a general election in like October or something and then Labour get in like they probably "should of" last year, and simply rejoin the EU? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't call an election Boris.

Just hearing from friends on holiday, the Greeks are wiping their arses on sterling notes.

Before I gave up the gambling about six years back, I told everyone to put a £10 on Priti Patel being the next PM at odds of 66/1. She's 9/1 now.

Priti Patel has been one of the most vile members of the leave campaign. Please anyone but her.

I hope everyone is fucking satisfied now.

• Like 2

Priti Patel has been one of the most vile members of the leave campaign. Please anyone but her.

I hope everyone is effing satisfied now.

My whole life is now geared towards moving out of Britain.

The standard of being in the best position going forward as a nation, which 90% of the perceived wisdom said was inside the EU.

In other news, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed a second Independence referendum is "on the table" as the terms under which the last referendum took place have changed significantly. Hard to argue with her.

Would that be the same 90% of wise owls who didn't see the economic meltdown? Maybe it was the ones who caused it?

Look, Europe is fucked, us leaving wont change that, we will still trade with Europe and Europe will still trade with us.

If we were going to listen to informed opinion then, perhaps, the words of the German head of Industries, Marcus Kerbel, would have been the thing to do.

Im sure his counterparts across the EU share his view, why wouldn't they? They have over 5 million employees that are dependant on the continuation of freely trading with us.

The EU are a busted flush, they wont be dictating how we all move forwards on trade deals, it will be the industrial giants of main land Europe, their employees and their unions who will want to ensure that the status quo remains.

• Like 1

I hope everyone is effing satisfied now.

My whole life is now geared towards moving out of Britain.

I will come and pack your bags.

Just hearing from friends on holiday, the Greeks are wiping their arses on sterling notes.

Yeah, I heard they were all that skint they couldn't even afford to buy toilet paper.

Would that be the same 90% of wise owls who didn't see the economic meltdown? Maybe it was the ones who caused it?

Look, Europe is fucked, us leaving wont change that, we will still trade with Europe and Europe will still trade with us.

If we were going to listen to informed opinion then, perhaps, the words of the German head of Industries, Marcus Kerbel, would have been the thing to do.

Im sure his counterparts across the EU share his view, why wouldn't they? They have over 5 million employees that are dependant on the continuation of freely trading with us.

The EU are a busted flush, they wont be dictating how we all move forwards on trade deals, it will be the industrial giants of main land Europe, their employees and their unions who will want to ensure that the status quo remains.

Seems Michael Gove was right. We really have 'had enough of experts'. If everything's so rosy on the outside then what possible reason do Cameron, Osborne and co. have to be in favour of it? In the Brexit scenario they have more money, more power and more trade than if we're in the EU. Sounds like a no-brainer. But there was a broad consensus in favour of staying from the so-called 'elites'. Kerbel has said that he wants the status quo to remain in place. That would have been easy with a Remain vote. With a Leave vote, it's not his decision to make, it's up to his Chancellor, and several other figures across the EU to decide. Oh, and of course they could give us a package which BoJo decides isn't good enough and rejects it anyway. This idea that somehow we just leave and do what we like is wonderful, but I'm guessing not that simple. But what do I know, I just listened to the experts.

Your odds are probably close to 50-50 now. Can't see it being anyone other than her or Boris.

Yeah, and Boris' shameless careerism has pissed off quite a few rank and file Tories, so she might just about be the sensible option.

• Like 1