YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

Just hearing from friends on holiday, the Greeks are wiping their arses on sterling notes.

Yeah, I heard they were all that skint they couldn't even afford to buy toilet paper.

Oh shit, the value of my shares!!

• Like 1

Your odds are probably close to 50-50 now. Can't see it being anyone other than her or Boris.

Yeah, and Boris' shameless careerism has pissed off quite a few rank and file Tories, so she might just about be the sensible option.

She's been really smart about it. She's been as Eurosceptic as it's possible to be while staying on the Remain side, while not pissing Remainers off by voting Leave. Plus with Boris nakedly making a play for the leadership by leading the Leave campaign, as you say, he risks Heseltine-itis. And a new Iron Lady for the post-Brexit era will appeal to many nostalgic for the days of Tebbit and Parkinson. Positioned herself as the perfect unifier. I still think Boris will get it, but if they do have doubts, she's a ready-made alternative.

• Like 1

There will be plenty of job opportunities: construction workers needed to build walls in Ireland and (eventually) Scotland, immigration officials to patrol the new borders, more civil servants to work out the policy implications and oh my the lawyers... they are laughing so loud today.

• Like 2

180 years since the death of James Mill aged 63. It is said he was disappointed by his son John Stuart's inability to hold his liquor.

220px-James_Mill.jpg

• Like 1

There will be plenty of job opportunities: construction workers needed to build walls in Ireland and (eventually) Scotland, immigration officials to patrol the new borders, more civil servants to work out the policy implications and oh my the lawyers... they are laughing so loud today.

not only that but now they are having a United Ireland referdum. Brexit seems to be affecting Ireland very positively I guess we are the real winners in this situation.

180 years since the death of James Mill aged 63. It is said he was disappointed by his son John Stuart's inability to hold his liquor.

220px-James_Mill.jpg

Oops wrong thread, bloody Brexit. Any mods around to move please?

Now the status quo has died, how's Rick Parfitt doing?

• Like 1

If only they'd done an obituary for Michel Delpech, the media could have shown they did have faith in Europe.

• Like 1

Do people think this will actually change all that much?

Scotland will leave, Ireland will explode, and Gibraltar is fucked.

Depends on your definition of change, really.

Could be Gove v Starmer or Cooper at PMQs before the end of the year.

Scotland will leave, Ireland will explode, and Gibraltar is fucked.

Depends on your definition of change, really.

Could be Gove v Starmer or Cooper at PMQs before the end of the year.

by expolde you mean unite with the south.

That would be preferable to civil war.

If only they'd done an obituary for Michel Delpech, the media could have shown they did have faith in Europe.

Lovely, you always have your eyes on the prize.

By the way, I just read it on reddit (geddit?), "every PM is known for one, two important things. What will David Cameron be remembered for? Pig-fucking and gambling away EU membership." Usually, the REAL royal fuck-ups look like it. Like George W. Bush was a dry drunk, and a bit of a doofus. But Cameron, never has complete fuck-up-itude looked so ordinary.

• Like 1

And if anyone cares about my own thoughts on this, I am of two minds. On the one hand, I regard it as a triumph against the neo-liberal consensus, on the other hand, it's a real pity. I think Mr. Corbyn has a similar opinion, the EU has become a bit of a bureaucratic corporatist nightmare, but then the original idea was rather neat. I wonder what will happen to my british neighbors in hipsterific Berlin Neukölln.

• Like 1

Dunno if it is the biggest single fuck-up by a British PM since the Suez, but if not it's close. He's basically deaded his whole career and political legacy because he didn't have the balls to tell John Redwood to fuck off.

• Like 2

Greetings from Germany

359D59F600000578-3656634-image-a-29_1466

• Like 3

Dunno if it is the biggest single f**k-up by a British PM since the Suez, but if not it's close. He's basically deaded his whole career and political legacy because he didn't have the balls to tell John Redwood to f**k off.

He deleted his career because he assumed, wrongly, that because he won the last election with a clear majority, against all bets and forecasts, he thought that his support to remain was a given.

He was well fucking wrong.

Funniest thing of the day are all those remainers , monumentally pissed off with the leavers because they blame them for the falling off the cliff of the £ and a share nosedive ( although some shares have actually risen but that doesn't make good shit throwing)

Are these the very same people who blamed the CITY for the economic meltdown last time?

So what the f**k has changed? They were speculating then, they are speculating now.

Nasty nasty leavers, poor poor City! :(

• Like 1

Cameron is the third Tory PM in row fucked up by Europe...

Worst PM since Lord Liverpool. Probably in the bottom five all time.

• Like 2

I think this is the beginning of the end for the EU with France and Spain now being advised to leave.

Dunno if it is the biggest single f**k-up by a British PM since the Suez, but if not it's close. He's basically deaded his whole career and political legacy because he didn't have the balls to tell John Redwood to f**k off.

He deleted his career because he assumed, wrongly, that because he won the last election with a clear majority, against all bets and forecasts, he thought that his support to remain was a given.

He was well effing wrong.

It had nothing to do with the majority (which was only 12). It was that he never intended to get a majority in the first place. Miliband's weakness royally fucked the Tories. Osborne pledged £10 billion of spending cuts, knowing that in a coalition agreement this would get watered down to, say, half that. Cameron promised an In-Out referendum if we gave his party an overall majority, a safe bet because we were heading for another hung parliament and Labour were most likely going to form the next government anyway. Once the Tories got their majority, he had no option but to stand by the £10 billion cuts and that he had no option but to hold his promised referendum. His majority should never have entered into it, he knew even those who voted for his party were largely Eurosceptic, let alone the Ukippers. The reason governments have been so reticent to give an In-Out referendum, rightly or wrongly, is because of precisely this - the fear was it would be a close Out vote. Cameron boxed himself in a corner and then couldn't successfully get out of it.

He was well effing wrong.

It had nothing to do with the majority (which was only 12). It was that he never intended to get a majority in the first place. Miliband's weakness royally fucked the Tories. Osborne pledged £10 billion of spending cuts, knowing that in a coalition agreement this would get watered down to, say, half that. Cameron promised an In-Out referendum if we gave his party an overall majority, a safe bet because we were heading for another hung parliament and Labour were most likely going to form the next government anyway. Once the Tories got their majority, he had no option but to stand by the £10 billion cuts and that he had no option but to hold his promised referendum. His majority should never have entered into it, he knew even those who voted for his party were largely Eurosceptic, let alone the Ukippers. The reason governments have been so reticent to give an In-Out referendum, rightly or wrongly, is because of precisely this - the fear was it would be a close Out vote. Cameron boxed himself in a corner and then couldn't successfully get out of it.

Where do you get 12 from?

The last election was won with a big majority ( seats) there is no argument about it.

Every pollster, every 'expert' all predicted an outright win for Labour and it didn't happen.

Im not even sure how you can think that Cameron went into the election on the basis that he would become part of another coalition? If that had happened again, he would have had to go, he would have failed to secure an overall majority for the second successive time.

He would have known about the Eurosceptics, however, he wouldn't have known that so many would have gone against his advice, and we are talking about the public not politicians, nor would he, or for that matter Corbyn and the other Labour 'ins' have even begun to understand that Party Politics meant jack shit to traditional Labour supporters.

He had to offer a referendum, if he hadn't he would have been accused of being undemocratic, we are not yet North Korea.

Once he made that choice he banked on the public backing him as they did in the election.

We shall have to agree to disagree.

Thoughts of chairman me.

'New' labour wanted remain.

Their traditional voters said 'fuck off'.

In the last GE , they voted to Labour through historical reasoning, but now in a free for all it was 'tattie'.

Conclusion......

I've said before Labour are fucked forever in Scotland. Possibly the same now in the shire.

• Like 1