YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

17 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

You have to either laugh or tear your hair out.

Speaking as a baldy I've been laughing along for the last 25 years.

4 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Speaking as a baldy I've been laughing along for the last 25 years.

You could grow a beard for the purpose? ;-)

Just now, paddyfool said:

You could grow a beard for the purpose? ;-)

Haha - actually my nostrils and ears seem to be working on a solution.

• Like 1

Voting on amendments and the deal to begin shortly.

Here we go....

34 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Voting on amendments and the deal to begin shortly.

Here we go....

American viewers can watch on C-Span...we've gone international!

Not in my lifetime, not in OldWillz lifetime has a Government had such a defeat.

230 Votes? !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not in my lifetime, not in OldWillz lifetime has a Government had such a defeat.

230 Votes? !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Lol aye, yet watch Corbyns VoNC get rammed tomorrow.

That would be an even bigger embarrassment.

• Haha 1

This is good news on so many levels!! It may make Britons to rethink their utterly stupid decision to leave the EU. It was all a ploy though up by Putin to divide Europe, just like voting a puppet into the White House. 

13 minutes ago, charon said:

Lol aye, yet watch Corbyns VoNC get rammed tomorrow.

That would be an even bigger embarrassment.

Well, Oppositions are used to losing votes, ha!

So, Government fucked on policy, stays in power on its own backbenchers' and DUP votes, EU cannot offer anything that will overturn 230....so.....no deal?

Capital flight, run the pound, taxpayer bailing out private companies who will move to EU anyway....yeah, we're having a great time.

Tezza should be on the steps of 10 Downing Street resigning tonight. Why not? UK's gone basket case......

• Angry 1

Big mistake by corbyn he takes the heat off the 230 vote loss and hands may a victory straight after. I think Corbyn wants a no deal brexit, and is trying to run down the clock to be honest. It's also what I want at this point. A no deal brexit is much better than being a vassal state.

The no deal brexit veiled threats is project fear part 3 .

First the scottish would be screwed financially and the could lose their mortgage if they voted yes. Even those who wanted scotland in the union knew that were bollocks.

Second we'd be financially fucked if we voted for brexit It's not happened.

Now if we leave without and deal we'll face civil unrest and food shortages etc. How many food shortages and civil unrests happen in other non- EU countries?

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Big mistake by corbyn he takes the heat off the 230 vote loss and hands may a victory straight after. I think Corbyn wants a no deal brexit, and is trying to run down the clock to be honest. It's also what I want at this point. A no deal brexit is much better than being a vassal state.

Corbyn has no choice, he's going to get fucked tomorrow and he knows it.

His biggest act of stupidity tho, was running for Leader.

• Like 1

I'm not going to pretend that I know how any of this is going to go down. Still hopeful for a people's vote; given the quality of the decision making process in Westminster at the moment, they may as well hand the decision back to the people.

• Like 1

The Peoples Vote is for retards who don't understand a Referendum.....

• Like 4

I don't know... the Brexiteers only wanted someone at the top who would utterly fail to do something vaguely constructive. They needed a useful idiot. Theresa May had an impossible task and she was dumb enough (sorry!) to try it because she likes the sweet, sweet power. Now she may sit in the Hall of Shame of worst prime ministers next to David Cameron.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, charon said:

The Peoples Vote is for retards who don't understand a Referendum.....

Eh. Most processes in life allow you the option to think again. Whether you're buying a house or applying for a job, lodging initial interest does not lock you in to buying or signing up, should the option look less appealing after a closer look. 

It's been 2.5 years now since the ref, and we've seen just what kind of deal can be struck, learned what a mess this would cause in Ireland, and seen many leading figures who pushed for Brexit run for the hills rather than actually try to deliver it. Time to give the people the option to think again. And the people in general agree; having a people's vote is way ahead of not having one in the polls. 

• Like 2

^^^ called it :)

• Like 1

Utterly shameful display by the British politicians today. Its obvious that no one in Parliament has what it takes to push for what the British people voted for if it goes against their interests. If any politician actually had any courage then Britain wouldn't have gotten this shit smeared bagel that Theresa May calls a deal. 

And let me address the pile of condescending tripe that is "The people's vote". First of all they couldn't make that sound more communist even if they tried. And second there was a peoples vote back in 2016 and they voted to leave the EU. This peoples vote is sending a message that the people of the UK were too stupid to vote the way that remainers wanted. Its just another underhanded way the remainers are using to get their way don't be fooled. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

Eh. Most processes in life allow you the option to think again. Whether you're buying a house or applying for a job, lodging initial interest does not lock you in to buying or signing up, should the option look less appealing after a closer look. 

It's been 2.5 years now since the ref, and we've seen just what kind of deal can be struck, learned what a mess this would cause in Ireland, and seen many leading figures who pushed for Brexit run for the hills rather than actually try to deliver it. Time to give the people the option to think again. And the people in general agree; having a people's vote is way ahead of not having one in the polls. 

We've been inside the EU for 40+ years. Everything has declined. Manufacturing , wages, savings, freedom of speech,the NHS, standard of living. Did the EU stop library closures, austerity,NHS cuts, zero hour contracts or workfare? If not then what's its function? How about we live outside the EU for 15 years lets see if it's different. If it's the car crash every remoaner is saying it's going to be we can always rejoin If the EU is reformed and elected politicians make the laws.

The one thing the EU did want to push on the UK was the Euro and thank god we never adopted that we'd all be much much poorer now. I'd imagine in 10 years time, people will be saying how lucky the UK was to get out when it did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

We've been inside the EU for 40+ years. Everything has declined. Manufacturing , wages, savings, freedom of speech,the NHS, standard of living. Did the EU stop library closures, austerity,NHS cuts, zero hour contracts or workfare?

Even leaving aside quibbles on the "everything is worse" narrative, I'm struggling to see where the EU are to blame for this, rather than, say, the Tories. Other EU countries have not had the same issues we had; the architects of our problems sit in Westminster, rather than in Brussels.

And if we leave then try to come back in 15 years, what exactly do we gain?  Businesses that depend on frictionless trade with Europe or on hiring European employees would either wither or leave, research and development would take a major hit, the NHS staffing shortages would be further aggravated, and even if that EU of the future wanted us back, it certainly wouldn't be terms as good as we have today. 

There won't be an EU in 15 years time paddy.......unziiiiiiiip.

And just to take your earlier point....

55 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

That is exactly the process that lead to the Referendum.

Not happy with the EU and "Out" was the call. Now its up to the politicos to take us OUT, they "shouldnt" have an opinion on it now, bar to do their fucking job, and take the UK 'OUT'.

• Like 1

Wow. It is all over the news down here.

Serious question: A Pommy bloke (middle-class North Londoner, anti-Brexit) who is out in Aus at the moment, was talking seriously about civil war. Is the mood on the street really that ugly or was he just being hysterical? I suspect the latter...

Just now, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Wow. It is all over the news down here.

Serious question: A Pommy bloke (middle-class North Londoner, anti-Brexit) who is out in Aus at the moment, was talking seriously about civil war. Is the mood on the street really that ugly or was he just being hysterical? I suspect the latter...

It'll happen right after secularism, the announcement of the Republic, and the cancellation of Dr Who...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What will it take to cancel this who Brexit?

• Like 1

• Haha 3