YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

Brexit has been badly undermined by the personal agendas of a lot of politicians across the entire spectrum. Whether you voted to leave or not and whether you think it’s a good idea are largely irrelevant. The masses spoke two years ago , but Corbyn, Johnson et al want the top job and parliament has contrived to ignore the referendum. As long as people believe they are being ignored and marginalised they will be driven to the margins. That’s why Farage isn’t go to disappear easily.

• Like 1

This is an interesting chart that interprets the results in a way that Führage and co. will doubtlessly ignore:

730535577_Screenshot2019-05-27at10_27_05.png.ec02e7e02d46872994d7c36261c53266.png

Just to be sure, let's remove Labour & Conservatives from the equation:

278273800_Screenshot2019-05-27at10_33_21.png.90f734da1623f1ea193d340c2ae5b194.png

• Like 1

To the members that voted for the führage party, what now? 

14 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This is an interesting chart that interprets the results in a way that Führage and co. will doubtlessly ignore:

730535577_Screenshot2019-05-27at10_27_05.png.ec02e7e02d46872994d7c36261c53266.png

Just to be sure, let's remove Labour & Conservatives from the equation:

278273800_Screenshot2019-05-27at10_33_21.png.90f734da1623f1ea193d340c2ae5b194.png

The second graph is really stupid because the Conservative literature literally said "How to show you want a Brexit deal delivered as soon as possible - Vote Conservative". How on earth is that not explicitly leave? Fair enough it's not on the Faragesque hard Brexit spectrum, but it's still clearly a vote for leave. Labour is the only party with a genuinely ambiguous policy. Although not according to the Liberal Democrats. According to the Lib Dems Brexit won 58% of the vote so by their own measure they miserably failed (see below).

We can all manipulate random results adding and subtracting here there and everywhere to suit whatever narrative we like best. Only a third of the country voted in these elections, perhaps those who thought we should've left by now boycotted them? Shall we just add all those on to the leave bloc too? 

At the Six Nations if New Zealand win shall we just add up the points of England, Wales and Ireland and claim a victory anyway? People wonder how the fuck we voted leave in the first place and the answer is right before us when people's voices and votes are ignored.

I think the results yesterday tell us nothing other than the fact the country remains divided, Brexit is still popular and remaining in the EU is popular. Pretty evenly split, although you must be deranged to think you can extrapolate future referendums or general elections on the back on EU election results. If that were the case surely we would've had Nigel Farage as PM in 2015. 

D7m6sNwX4AUmCor.thumb.jpeg.d003c929f835955e5e62066792cd32a4.jpeg

16 hours ago, Thatcher said:

The second graph is really stupid because the Conservative literature literally said "How to show you want a Brexit deal delivered as soon as possible - Vote Conservative". How on earth is that not explicitly leave? Fair enough it's not on the Faragesque hard Brexit spectrum, but it's still clearly a vote for leave. Labour is the only party with a genuinely ambiguous policy. Although not according to the Liberal Democrats. According to the Lib Dems Brexit won 58% of the vote so by their own measure they miserably failed (see below).

We can all manipulate random results adding and subtracting here there and everywhere to suit whatever narrative we like best. Only a third of the country voted in these elections, perhaps those who thought we should've left by now boycotted them? Shall we just add all those on to the leave bloc too? 

At the Six Nations if New Zealand win shall we just add up the points of England, Wales and Ireland and claim a victory anyway? People wonder how the fuck we voted leave in the first place and the answer is right before us when people's voices and votes are ignored.

I think the results yesterday tell us nothing other than the fact the country remains divided, Brexit is still popular and remaining in the EU is popular. Pretty evenly split, although you must be deranged to think you can extrapolate future referendums or general elections on the back on EU election results. If that were the case surely we would've had Nigel Farage as PM in 2015. 

D7m6sNwX4AUmCor.thumb.jpeg.d003c929f835955e5e62066792cd32a4.jpeg

Fucking hell, an intelligent and reasoned post.

You need to visit more often.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, an intelligent and reasoned post.

You need to visit more often.

Or you could visit less often if so many things said on here aren’t up to your obviously stellar standard?

18 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Labour isn’t an ambiguous party, hence they were in with remain in the first chart; their policy is to offer a second referendum, with remain on the ballot, and about as many Labour MPs are pro-leave as Tory one’s pro-remain.

Of course, analysing results is open to interpretation, and I agree, it shows what we already knew, that we are a divided nation. But when our elected MPs can’t get anything through parliament and pro-referendum/revoke parties are experiencing rising popularity (such as LD, CHUK, GRN, SNP), surely we should confirm our position as a country so we know exactly where we are before we get railroaded into doing something unhealthy and not exactly increasingly popular to our nation.

6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Or you could visit less often if so many things said on here aren’t up to your obviously stellar standard?

Labour isn’t an ambiguous party, hence they were in with remain in the first chart; their policy is to offer a second referendum, with remain on the ballot, and about as many Labour MPs are pro-leave as Tory one’s pro-remain.

Of course, analysing results is open to interpretation, and I agree, it shows what we already knew, that we are a divided nation. But when our elected MPs can’t get anything through parliament and pro-referendum/revoke parties are experiencing rising popularity (such as LD, CHUK, GRN, SNP), surely we should confirm our position as a country so we know exactly where we are before we get railroaded into doing something unhealthy and not exactly increasingly popular to our nation.

I have no 'stellar standards' as you call it.

What I can do, however, is call you out for being one of the most smug, self absorbed pricks ever to to post 'edgy' on this forum.

I will visit as often or as little as I choose to, I really do not need advice from a 3rd rate Billericay Dicky, if you do actually do come from such a crap hole.

If you wasn't so far up your own arse hole you would have got Thatcher to help pull you out of the hole you dug for yourself instead of trying to talk yourself out of it and failing miserably.

He is way smarter than you, most people are, I suspect.

LFN really doesn't have a stellar standard going off how many of my crap jokes he's liked over the years!

PS It'd be really churlish of me to point out that New Zealand aren't in the fucking Six Nations...:D

Anyhow, I'm naturally gobsmacked to learn that someone with a Maggie Thatcher username and avatar might be on the right of the political spectrum...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I have no 'stellar standards' as you call it.

What I can do, however, is call you out for being one of the most smug, self absorbed pricks ever to to post 'edgy' on this forum.

I will visit as often or as little as I choose to, I really do not need advice from a 3rd rate Billericay Dicky, if you do actually do come from such a crap hole.

If you wasn't so far up your own arse hole you would have got Thatcher to help pull you out of the hole you dug for yourself instead of trying to talk yourself out of it and failing miserably.

He is way smarter than you, most people are, I suspect.

Ouch. That cut me deep. Particularly being from the self-appointed intelligence adjudicator. :D

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Ouch. That cut me deep. Particularly being from the self-appointed intelligence adjudicator. :D

I suppose it would be too much to hope that the cut was around the throat area.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, msc said:

LFN really doesn't have a stellar standard going off how many of my crap jokes he's liked over the years!

PS It'd be really churlish of me to point out that New Zealand aren't in the fucking Six Nations...:D

Anyhow, I'm naturally gobsmacked to learn that someone with a Maggie Thatcher username and avatar might be on the right of the political spectrum...

Well, as we know MSC, people are full of hidden surprises, aren't they.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I suppose it would be too much to hope that the cut was around the throat area.

You're so easy to rile, it's embarrassing :D

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You're so easy to rile, it's embarrassing :D

Yes, yes it is, isn't it.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

It's bollocks to put the green vote in the Remain bloc - that is not the single issue that resulted in people voting green.

Whoever said higher up that guessing what all this means is bollocks is totally correct. As that same person said the only thing this proves is that we are still a deeply divided nation.

The even bigger problem is that whilst the country might be 52:48 one way or the other most views are very strong with no acceptance of the marginal view - hence deep anger at the opposing view and ultimately whatever the result will be rather than some rational response taking into account the fact that there are pros and cons of both scenarios.

Finally I have yet to hear anyone explain how a No Deal Brexit sorts the Irish border problem or any solution for that issue other than Remain.

The whole things a pile of shite.

• Like 1

I disagree about the Green party - they campaigned on as solidly a pro-Remain platform as anyone. But I certainly agree on us being a deeply divided nation.

8 hours ago, paddyfool said:

I disagree about the Green party - they campaigned on as solidly a pro-Remain platform as anyone. But I certainly agree on us being a deeply divided nation.

My 3 daughters all voted Green - none of them because of their EU stance. 

I agree their stance is pro Remain I just don’t think all the votes for them were for that reason and hence can’t be hijacked to support a Brexit argument.

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

My 3 daughters all voted Green - none of them because of their EU stance. 

I agree their stance is pro Remain I just don’t think all the votes for them were for that reason and hence can’t be hijacked to support a Brexit argument.

Indeed. However, there were three parties to send election leaflet through the door saying STOP BREXIT - Greens, SNP, Lib Dems. So while others might have voted for their views on climate change, its counted, just like that oft quoted shite about 80% of voters in 2017 backing leave (counting every single Labour voter).

Nuance is out at the moment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, msc said:

Indeed. However, there were three parties to send election leaflet through the door saying STOP BREXIT - Greens, SNP, Lib Dems. So while others might have voted for their views on climate change, its counted, just like that oft quoted shite about 80% of voters in 2017 backing leave (counting every single Labour voter).

Nuance is out at the moment.

Also CHUK, PC, and Alliance

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:41, msc said:

tbh looking over some of the Change/uKip/other irrelevant parties etc picks this week, Ann Widdecombe is probably one of the sanest people announced so far. Yeah, exactly...

Newly elected dontwannabe MEP Ann Widdecombe shoots her mouth off about science providing an answer to homosexuality: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48491731

Frankly she's a history of this nonsense, opposing an equal age of consent, opposing the repeal of Section 28, opposing same-sex marriage and promoting conversion therapy. All from a woman who has never married and states quite openly that whether she has had any form of sexual relationship is a matter for her and nobody else. I mean, I'd agree with her on the latter point, if she wasn't so interested in interfering in and pontificating on other people's sexual relationships.

If there's one secret among many to homosexuality, it's the possibility that your girlfriend/fiancée/wife might turn out like Ann Widdecombe. :lol:

Now fuck off to Europe, talk about things you know something about and wait to be sacked by Brexit, Ann.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Newly elected dontwannabe MEP Ann Widdecombe shoots her mouth off about science providing an answer to homosexuality: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48491731

Frankly she's a history of this nonsense, opposing an equal age of consent, opposing the repeal of Section 28, opposing same-sex marriage and promoting conversion therapy. All from a woman who has never married and states quite openly that whether she has had any form of sexual relationship is a matter for her and nobody else. I mean, I'd agree with her on the latter point, if she wasn't so interested in interfering in and pontificating on other people's sexual relationships.

If there's one secret among many to homosexuality, it's the possibility that your girlfriend/fiancée/wife might turn out like Ann Widdecombe. :lol:

Now fuck off to Europe, talk about things you know something about and wait to be sacked by Brexit, Ann.

I believe all of this was covered by election night  and my "yeah, exactly..."  :D

In that list of folk like Cliff Richard I was surprised to learn are actually still in the closet, tbh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

"If there's one secret among many to homosexuality, it's the possibility that your girlfriend/fiancée/wife might turn out like Ann Widdecombe. :lol:"

Ian paisley?

1 hour ago, runebomme said:

"If there's one secret among many to homosexuality, it's the possibility that your girlfriend/fiancée/wife might turn out like Ann Widdecombe. :lol:"

Ian paisley?

Not sure you got the joke....:D

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I am now picturing Ann Widdicombe as a Bond villain in her hidden base in the darkest Cotswolds where she has developed her anti- gay ray with which she will destroy musical theatre, the game of rugby & MCM Comicon

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am now picturing Ann Widdicombe as a Bond villain in her hidden base in the darkest Cotswolds where she has developed her anti- gay ray with which she will destroy musical theatre, the game of rugby & MCM Comicon

Presumably the culmination of the film would be Bond finding her in her lair and giving her a right good hard fucking up the arse (obviously accompanied by lots of explosions in the surrounding rooms and buildings) from when she would become a silly giggly girl who loved all things sex and she would be cured of her views.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Bond finding her in her lair and giving her a right good hard fucking up the arse

That's me out of the running as Daniel Craigs replacement then.

On you go Idris Elba mate, on you go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2