YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

When was the last time it snowed on election day?

277302066_brexitextension.thumb.jpg.905ad0e5a24fb45c25238f1643a0d7a6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I hate Osborne but can't help like him for this.

• Haha 1

On 19/10/2019 at 15:29, The Quim Reaper said:

Blah blah...

that'd in theory make polling day Thursday 19th December.

Piss it. One week out!

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Piss it. One week out!

Note, it could be earlier if WAB isn't brought before parliament. 

21 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Merry fucking Christmas you cunts; 12th December 2019; election day. Again. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50174402

Labour win their 83rd target seat (Uxbridge and South Ruislip) and I'll have a very merry Christmas of schadenfreude, indeed.:D

1 minute ago, msc said:

Labour win their 83rd target seat (Uxbridge and South Ruislip) and I'll have a very merry Christmas of schadenfreude, indeed.:D

Unlikely but it might not be as much of a bank for Boris as he thinks, Brexit Party and Tory division could do a number on him...

It’ll be a Christmas of accidentally answering the door to a canvasser because you thought it was a fucking Amazon package.

Either way, given the extension coming our way (and I do doubt I’ll be eating my words on this one; Macron will back down), it appears the Brexit party are going to kill the Tory party, and not enough to gain hundreds or even tens of seats for themselves either. And not to mention, of course, the amount of Labour voters migrating to Lib Dem. 

This next Parliament is going to be very, very hung if this election goes ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Unlikely but it might not be as much of a bank for Boris as he thinks, Brexit Party and Tory division could do a number on him...

Oh I don't expect it, but you know, as a political geek, the chance to see a British PM lose their own seat at an election is literally a once in a century event.

Although if I were a Tory MP, the one place I wouldn't want to have my seat (Other than the South West where theres a strong Lib Dem challenger, or Scotland v the SNP) is London.

19 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh I don't expect it, but you know, as a political geek, the chance to see a British PM lose their own seat at an election is literally a once in a century event.

Although if I were a Tory MP, the one place I wouldn't want to have my seat (Other than the South West where theres a strong Lib Dem challenger, or Scotland v the SNP) is London.

It would be pretty amazing to see.

Anyway I wouldn't be signing up to canvasser in a hurry. 61.5% of voters think violence is justified to get the Brexit outcome they want.

67% of Leave Voters (71 Eng 60 Scot 70 Wal)

56% of Remain Voters (58 Eng 53 Scot 56 Wal)

The country is heading for civil unrest pronto. 

Labour MPs will abstain on Monday's election vote.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-labour-mps-corbyn-boris-johnson-when-december-brexit-a9170221.html

Leaves Boris with the option of voting no confidence in himself, but makes it unlikely he'll get the FTPA Motion through (2/3rd)

59 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Labour MPs will abstain on Monday's election vote.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-labour-mps-corbyn-boris-johnson-when-december-brexit-a9170221.html

Leaves Boris with the option of voting no confidence in himself, but makes it unlikely he'll get the FTPA Motion through (2/3rd)

fd.gif.348dd6735ef848d946900812fefdfd66.gif

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

fd.gif.348dd6735ef848d946900812fefdfd66.gif

It's absolutely ridiculous at this point.

Official line is 'no deal must be taken off the table.'

What remains to be seen is if Jezza classes the extension being granted (tomorrow?) as no deal being taken off the table?

The nuclear option if Jezza blocks it is Boris Johnson to hold a VoNC in himself or bring forward a one-line bill to circumvent the FTPA - there's no way Labour can vote in confidence of him and the SNP and Lib Dems might be attracted by the prospect of a general election. 

Welcome to circular hell.

EU Agree extension but will not give date until UK decides on next course of action (an election/pass the deal).

UK will not be able to pass parliamentary vote for election until EU grants extension until 31st January. 

-------------------------

Vote for GE on Monday (fails)

Decision by EU on date on Monday/Tuesday....

Ext to 31st Jan: Possible vote for GE on Wednesday? (passes)

Shorter Ext: Deal through parliament? Or gov refuses to bring Brexit legislation?

The chance of an election being called  for December has significantly risen again.

Boris will bring a FTPA motion for an election tomorrow. This is likely to fail to reach the 2/3rds threshold required for an election to be called.

However the SNP and Lib Dems have offered a different path - by using a one line bill that allows an election if the EU grants  the three month extension to Jan 31st and slightly changes the date. 

Government have gone from dismissing SNP idea a gimmick as saying they are 'open to the idea if the FTPA motion fails tomorrow.' So probably bringing the one line bill that the SNP and Lib Dems are offering on an accelerated parliamentary timetable.

Date will likely be December 9th, but could be December 12th.

polling-station-sign-secretlonfon2013.jpg

EU grants extension on a flexible basis until 31st January (leave the first day of the month after the Brexit deal is ratified)

Boris brings motion today, needs two-thirds. Will probably fail to achieve that as it's in return to ram through his Brexit deal.

However Lib-Dem SNP have offered Boris away out by moving the election to the 9th December (the first non-Thursday general election since 1931! :lol:) if he agrees to remove the 'ram through his Brexit deal' stipulation. Requires a simple majority as would be done via amendment to the FTPA Bill (and probably introduced tomorrow) so if the Conservatives back it, we'd be looking at a nailed on vote.. 

Corbyn’s just said the ‘conditions have been met’...they’re backing an election 

On 11/04/2019 at 18:54, gcreptile said:

Well this gives me enough time to complete my sexy Funk album "Brexxxit".

Time for the follow-up:

"Brexxx-tension to the maxxx"

• Like 1

778728239_borisditch.jpg.58e1f7c13b747c6a5341fb331bebca47.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, En Passant said:

778728239_borisditch.jpg.58e1f7c13b747c6a5341fb331bebca47.jpg

good riddance

Brexit Party launching their campaigning.

Condition is Johnson ditching his deal for a pact, which is never going to happen.

Put a few quid on a Labour government.