Death Watch Beatle

Marianne Faithfull

Marianne Faithfull has been diagnosed with breast cancer according to the BBC. The official line is that the prognosis is good. Worth tracking.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

She'll be right as rain in six months. You mark my words.

Or one and a bit...

• Like 1

I'll bet there's some agonising gone on there along the lines of 'I can't afford it but if I don't buy this ticket I might never see them again.'

It's a shame they don't know how lucky they would be.

I apologize for over-labeling your cynicism. Would you go for a "sorta" cynic? :P

'Sorta' sounds good.

No mention of her illness on the South Bank Show profile tonight. They'll put any talentless tosspots on this programme these days - Jarvis Cocker, I ask you. Still, give the old girl full credit for being completely unfazed when Melvyn began chomping on a Mars Bar mid-interview.

Still, give the old girl full credit for being completely unfazed when Melvyn began chomping on a Mars Bar mid-interview.

:)

He didn't though, did he? I didn't see the programme, but if he did then it certainly deserves placing on YouTube.

Cheers,

BHB

Article in today's Mail on Sunday claims Marianne Faithfull's drug dealer boy/friend may have given Jim Morrisson a fatal dose of heroin and the singer's body was taken from a disco toilet to his bath in 1971. Faithfull may have to answer some tough questions, since she's about the only first hand witness - other than the bloke selling the story - still breathing.

Article in today's Mail on Sunday claims Marianne Faithfull's drug dealer boy/friend may have given Jim Morrisson a fatal dose of heroin and the singer's body was taken from a disco toilet to his bath in 1971. Faithfull may have to answer some tough questions, since she's about the only first hand witness - other than the bloke selling the story - still breathing.

Patricia Kennealy mentions that in her autobiography "Stange Days:- My life with and without Jim Morrison"

considering her book was published in 1992, it's not really news.

Wow, she's at a book signing at the Waterstone's on Piccadilly at 5:30 today. I was thinking about going. Well, not really. First the Litvinenko poisoning, which was in a (now closed) restaurant on Piccadilly, and now a hep-ravaged ratbag's on the prowl in the same neighbourhood. Maybe those Japanese toursists who wear masks everywhere aren't so dumb after all.

• Like 1

Yeah, but they're wearing masks. I mean, they might not be Japanese.

Watch out for clouds of 'poisonous' chilli gas though
Wow, she's at a book signing at the Waterstone's on Piccadilly at 5:30 today. I was thinking about going. Well, not really. First the Litvinenko poisoning, which was in a (now closed) restaurant on Piccadilly, and now a hep-ravaged ratbag's on the prowl in the same neighbourhood. Maybe those Japanese toursists who wear masks everywhere aren't so dumb after all.

Watch out for clouds of 'poisonous' chilli gas though

:crossbone::):lol:

Long live Marianne!

Happy 67th Birthday!

I see that Marianne Faithful is now saying that her then boyfriend was responsible for Jim Morrison's passing, because the drugs he gave to Morrison were too powerful.

I suppose that Marianne should know about the drug scene around that time!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that Marianne Faithful is now saying that her then boyfriend was responsible for Jim Morrison's passing, because the drugs he gave to Morrison were too powerful.

I suppose that Marianne should know about the drug scene around that time!!!!!!!!!!!

And confectionery too, so I've heard...

All about work, rest and play as i seem to recall, even though she always denied it.

All about work, rest and play as i seem to recall, even though she always denied it.

Aye! She was bounty.

Aye! She was bounty.

Twirl on a Motorcycle.

Was she a marathon girl or just a smartie

While we're on the topic, I bet she was no stranger to the munchies.

I can only imagine the sheer terror on the young Miss Faithfulls face as she saw Mick Jaggers face looming up to her love tunnel.

Fuck, that man had lips that could suck the bumper off of a Land Rover!

If this story is true then, well, Miss Faithfull can only praise the Lord that Jagger didn't carry out an oral Hysterectomy on that fateful day...or summat.

It'd be one of those metre-long Christmas Toblerones for me.

• Like 4