Death Watch Beatle

Marianne Faithfull

The Denville Hall move is this year, she was convalescing at her home in January. Covid utterly fucked her lungs and she needs an oxygen machine pretty much 24/7. In the video above you can hear and see her struggling for air after each sentence badly. She also had emphysema before covid. It sounds like this move is probably permanent and not long term, sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 03/02/2016 at 17:26, Toast said:

I went to see Marianne last night at the Roundhouse and she was pretty much as Book describes. Walking very painfully with a stick, having to sit down frequently, lots of tea (well, that's what she said it was) and smokes. She was terrific though. I was prepared to be disappointed, but she can still sing and interpret a song powerfully. She was also quite hilarious. She did, I think, just 13 songs but was on stage for over 90 minutes. Clearly very tiring for her though. No encore.

The gig was being filmed for something so you may have a chance to study the form yourselves at some point. Personally I hope she's around for a long time yet, she's a great character.

It looks like this turned out to be Marianne's last UK performance.  Even more glad I caught it now. 

Four of the songs ended up on the live CD/DVD release "No Exit".....

ETA ..... which arrived in the post today and I am beyond delighted that it includes "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" which had everyone on their feet at the end.  

Oh, Marianne Faithfull is at No. 45!

Love to see her on the list but it also makes me sad.

All in all a good choice!

• Like 2

God ! I love this list, this is probably the first time I say it but this is a good one !

4 minutes ago, Book said:

Oh, Marianne Faithfull is at No. 45!

Love to see her on the list but it also makes me sad.

All in all a good choice!

We knew it was coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

We knew it was coming.

Right! But it's heartbreaking nevertheless!

• Like 2

Yeah, a choice that in the end, is met with approval. 

• Like 1

I sort of forgot about her in and missed her of most if not all of my teams. 

A bit sad that the twitter headline reduces her to being a girlfriend.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10596165/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Mick-Jaggers-ex-love-Marianne-Faithfull-moves-care-home.html

Increasingly looking like choosing Marianne Faithfull was a good move by the committee  as the Daily Mail is now reporting she is in a care home.

The Mail only 6 months or so behind Deathlist Forums, there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Meh. I mean, let’s be 100% honest here, that’s what she’s MOST known for. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The first word of the Twitter headline is "Singer".

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

The first word of the Twitter headline is "Singer".

Nah, that's the commentary of that journalist. I meant the headline of the quoted article, "Mick Jagger's ex-love Marianne moves into a care home".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Nah, that's the commentary of that journalist. I meant the headline of the quoted article, "Mick Jagger's ex-love Marianne moves into a care home".

My point still stands.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

What else would you expect from the Daily Heil?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Meh. I mean, let’s be 100% honest here, that’s what she’s MOST known for. 

In conversation some time ago with a young person who did not know who Marianne was, he also claimed never to have heard of the Rolling Stones.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

In conversation some time ago with a young person who did not know who Marianne was, he also claimed never to have heard of the Rolling Stones.

There was a contestant on Tipping Point the other day who thought Tony Blair was PM during the reign of Queen Victoria. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I had a friend who didn't know that Buddy Holly was dead. This was back in the 80's.

I have no reason to believe that he isn't still as thick as shit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I had a friend who didn't know that Buddy Holly was dead. This was back in the 80's.

I sat next to a lad at work who was covering maternity leave for an admin post.  He had a Sports Science degree but if you said something that failed to register on his personal radar he would instantly Google them and tell you he had never heard of them. When Paddy Ashdown died I told him how I had met him during the 1992 election campaign and my hand appeared on Newsnight.  He just looked at me blankly and turned to Google and said I have never heard of him. To be fair he was only born in 1995

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I sat next to a lad at work who was covering maternity leave for an admin post.  He had a Sports Science degree but if you said something that failed to register on his personal radar he would instantly Google them and tell you he had never heard of them. When Paddy Ashdown died I told him how I had met him during the 1992 election campaign and my hand appeared on Newsnight.  He just looked at me blankly and turned to Google and said I have never heard of him. To be fair he was only born in 1995

I was born in the 60's.

I still know who David Lloyd George was.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

There was a contestant on Tipping Point the other day who thought Tony Blair was PM during the reign of Queen Victoria. 

To be fair, they do seem to attract the dimmest of the dim on Tipping Point.

I know someone who purports to be a Manchester United supporter who had never heard of Frank O'Farrell. He's 2 years younger than me, thinks football began with the Premier League & Sky.

• Like 1

Just now, time said:

To be fair, they do seem to attract the dimmest of the dim on Tipping Point.

I know someone who purports to be a Manchester United supporter who had never heard of Frank O'Farrell. He's 2 years younger than me, thinks football began with the Premier League & Sky.

I was watching an old Celebrity Pointless on iplayer and one of the jackpot topics was cast members of the 1978 film Watership Down. That was an absolute sitter but the celebs who were on clearly did not frequent this site

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He did appear on the second episode of the Young Ones in fairness