Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I am planning to join the DDP for the first time in 2016, and I have a few questions.

Is joining the game as simple as emailing the list of celebrities and the team name to the host?

Can I create and lead a team with just one person?

Can I create more than one team?

Is it a good idea to send the list just minutes before midnight GMT on December 31, to add celebrities in critical condition? I already have a preliminary list of celebrities for DDP, but will probably replace a couple.

What happens if, when a celebrity on my list dies, it is already January 1 in his/her time zone, but still December 31 GMT?

Can I choose a person who is mainly famous for being likely to die, but whose death will likely be announced on UK national news?

Thanks in advance.

20 names, use substitutes and anyone who'll obit

So many other damned places to post this. You already come across as Post Whore deJure.

Hi,

I am planning to join the DDP for the first time in 2016, and I have a few questions.

Is joining the game as simple as emailing the list of celebrities and the team name to the host?

Can I create and lead a team with just one person?

Can I create more than one team?

Is it a good idea to send the list just minutes before midnight GMT on December 31, to add celebrities in critical condition? I already have a preliminary list of celebrities for DDP, but will probably replace a couple.

What happens if, when a celebrity on my list dies, it is already January 1 in his/her time zone, but still December 31 GMT?

Can I choose a person who is mainly famous for being likely to die, but whose death will likely be announced on UK national news?

Thanks in advance.

I'm currently in my first DDP year, so my answers are a bit newcomer-y as well, I guess.

1. I guess so - don't forget to name a joker, and substitutes. I also mentioned the name I have on this forum. So the host knows who I am.

2. I guess so, though I don't know what purpose that would serve. I saw a team with just 19 participants in the competition. Maybe because someone shortly died before or because a theme team didn't have 20 viable suggestions, or something like that.

3. You can create up to three teams. All three of them can be theme teams, or none of them can be, doesn't matter.

4. You can do that. This year, some people seized on the critical condition of country singer Little Jimmy Dickens, though it was a matter of days, not hours.

5. I guess the "real" time is the one in Great Britain. So it depends on the time of death in Great Britain.

6. Yes, as long as the obit is valid, every person counts - except for those sentenced to die, either through traditional state justice, or terrorist justice, or the schedule of a euthanasia clinic.

• Like 1

Might bestow a bit of my knowledge on the plebs on how to win a DDP later on. We'll see.

Why would your picks be interested in entering this contest?

• Like 1

So many other damned places to post this. You already come across as Post Whore deJure.

What is up with this hostility? I am just a new player who wants to participate in a game. There are plenty of new teams in DDP every year. Were you never a new player?

What is up with this hostility? I am just a new player who wants to participate in a game. There are plenty of new teams in DDP every year. Were you never a new player?

Don't worry about it. It's an internet forum, some people simply like to complain (about things they are guilty of themselves), or just want to annoy you in a sort of ironic-hipster way.

• Like 2

and you come across as a monumental prick but you are still here.

JiroemonKimura, you will soon learn who are the nice guys and whose posts are deliberately 'edgy'. There is no real malice here and hope you enjoy posting and playing.

HINT - I am one of them............ :)

I am new too but I will keep most of my names hidden because I have some surefire hits to win all the competitions in 2016.

I am new too but I will keep most of my names hidden because I have some surefire hits to win all the competitions in 2016.

Of course you do.