Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Judith Versus Joni

Judith Versus Joni  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which of the two folk music legends will die first? Each has had major health problems in the last 18 months but each has seemingly bounced back from the verge recently..

There's little between them: same age, same kind of health trouble. Guess it's a matter of probabilities, and I think Joni holds the better cards.

"Legends" as in plural!

C'mon, this is the best billing Ms Durham has had in living memory.

Remind me, how many solo albums did she post in Rolling Stone magazines best 500 of all time?

• Like 1

I'm going for the write in candidate of Joan Baez, on gut feeling.

The Seekers are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

Personally Judiffffff shits all over Joni, although I do own her album 'Blue' which, yeah, its good.

Judifffffff to hang on long after Joni has turned.......blue.

Joni Mitchell to die of leukemia because of inhaling too much toxic paint dust.

Judith to me seems like she'll life another few years

Aye, in response to the above and by way of aiding the 99.9% of the world's population who haven't a fucking clue who she is, this is the online home of the legend that is Judith Durham: http://judithdurham.com/home/

• Like 1

Joni Mitchell

In the purposely misquoted words of Janet Jackson "Joni Mitchell never dies"......

Therefore, I've gone Judith

Aye, in response to the above and by way of aiding the 99.9% of the world's population who haven't a fucking clue who she is, this is the online home of the legend that is Judith Durham: http://judithdurham.com/home/

So it's possible to be a legend if 99.9% of the world's population hasn't a fucking clue who you are?

(I didn't look at the link--isn't she the bird that sang for The Seekers?)

SC

I find it all rather sad.

Its like saying that you have never heard of Simon Dee or Mary Quant.

A whole generation and some who view the 1960s in the same way as id view the 1860s.

Its an age thing, right?

• Like 1

So it's possible to be a legend if 99.9% of the world's population hasn't a fucking clue who you are?

(I didn't look at the link--isn't she the bird that sang for The Seekers?)

SC

Depends on how you pronounce "legend," sometimes the irony is lost in an online forum.

• Like 1

I've just realised the person I thought you were all talking about is actually Grace Slick. It's a Friday.

Well I like Judith Durham and I'm sure she's better known that some posters are making out. She had such a powerful voice that some of her performances with The Seekers sound like an opera singer ended up in a folk group by mistake. Five Hundred Miles is a good example of this:

Joni to die first, but not for a few years yet.

• Like 4

"Legends" as in plural!

C'mon, this is the best billing Ms Durham has had in living memory.

Remind me, how many solo albums did she post in Rolling Stone magazines best 500 of all time?

Bugger solo albums, here is a list of her achievements with her band: http://www.theseekers.com.au/about-us/fact-file

Not mentioned there but they also knocked the Beatles' White Album off the top of the UK charts. Yes, I'd say legend...

Judith Durham has a sublime voice, whereas Joni's shrill trilling is like fingers scraping down a blackboard to my ears.

• Like 3

Judith Durham has a sublime voice, whereas Joni's shrill trilling is like fingers scraping down a blackboard to my ears.

I agree Judith Durham is the more talented

Ha! Only one talent counts here, and we all have it.

• Like 1

There it is! I'm here to throw Elaine 'Spanky' Mcfarland's name into this and make it a trio what with her superior singing voice and .... Wait wh-what's that? She's DEAD?

SC

There it is! I'm here to throw Elaine 'Spanky' Mcfarland's name into this and make it a trio what with her superior singing voice and .... Wait wh-what's that? She's DEAD?

SC

Spanky's the only genuine original left alive according to Wiki and I got nowt from Googling her name + death, is she still cooling or could we add her to the Judith/Joni head to head?

She died of breast cancer long long ago mate. Are we talking the same thing lol.

SC

She died of breast cancer long long ago mate. Are we talking the same thing lol.

SC

If we're talking about Elaine "Spanky" McFarlane, she isn't dead according to Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanky_and_Our_Gang

Can you find a link about her death from breast cancer? I found one where she was promoting breast cancer awareness.

I'm going for the write in candidate of Joan Baez, on gut feeling.

Joan Baez was on "Q & A" (the Aussie equivalent on "Question Time") as well as touring Australia in the last 6 weeks or so. She looked and sounded in absolutely fine fettle. Bearing in mind her mother lived until she was 100, if Joan's inherited her genes I can't see her going any time soon at all. B)