Weebl

Close To The End

I personally include krautrock as a form of prog or prog-ish music, so I thought I would just post this here:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/may/07/all-gates-open-story-of-can-rob-young-irmin-schmidt-review

This article states that Damo Suzuki of Can has got colon cancer. I was aware that he had been ill, but didn't know it was cancer. One to watch for 2019 maybe?

I also have Irmin Schmidt, the keyboardist from Can who is 81 this month, on my own personal list this year - stupidly I put him where Mark E. Smith should have been!

• Like 1

Hm. Wonder how long he had the cancer in him...

For some reason I was waiting for news like this. I was surprised he survived Jaki Liebezeit and Holger Czukay.

Former Hawkwind drummer Martin Griffin has died, according to the band.

• Sad 1

Juan Alderete, bassist of The Mars Volta, was involved in bicycle accident and remains in coma.

• Sad 1

Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson has revealed in a video interview on Dan Rather’s XS TV series The Big Interview that he suffers from an “incurable” lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which he believes is a result of playing shows with smoke machines for 50 years.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jethro-tulls-ian-anderson-reveals-hes-living-with-an-incurable-lung-disease/?fbclid=IwAR1K7WEtkH9ETI-_6WVsa1e9vkSvYMb3wyIUig5D60r-2lK9ATInb4hmzMo

25 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson has revealed in a video interview on Dan Rather’s XS TV series The Big Interview that he suffers from an “incurable” lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which he believes is a result of playing shows with smoke machines for 50 years.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jethro-tulls-ian-anderson-reveals-hes-living-with-an-incurable-lung-disease/?fbclid=IwAR1K7WEtkH9ETI-_6WVsa1e9vkSvYMb3wyIUig5D60r-2lK9ATInb4hmzMo

Wonder if an aqualung will help him?

25 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

*shakes fist at sky*

GOOSEBERRY!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObakeFilter said:

Do you mean this Ian Anderson? Those darn smoke machines should be outlawed or at least  come with stern warnings.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I knew about those smoke machines when I was younger, but we just called them cigarettes.

Ian_Anderson_Santa_small.jpg

iangettyimages2.jpg

8 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Do you mean this Ian Anderson? Those darn smoke machines should be outlawed or at least  come with stern warnings.

unnamed.jpg

Probably.

Producer Derek Lawrence died yesterday aged 78. Credits include Deep Purple, Wishbone Ash and Jethro Tull amongst others (including Freddie Starr in his merseybeat era).

On 12/05/2020 at 15:38, ObakeFilter said:

Update, he already had COPD for 14 months, but it only seems to be the early stages so far

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Update, he already had COPD for 14 months, but it only seems to be the early stages so far

Many years (15-20?) back he was giving PSAs for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) checkups, as he had been diagnosed and living with it for years.  So along with his lungs, his circulation sucks.

Roger Trigaux, main guy behind the Belgian avant-prog act Present, has reportedly died.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 08:04, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Guitarist James McGaw of Steve Davis-beloved French prog-jazzers Magma has died of a brain tumour.

Half of France seems to have been a member during their 300-year existence and 2,657 line-up changes.

Indeed - national service for hippies and head-cases!

• Like 1

Come on, Alan White's death surely goes here too!

• Like 1