Sign in to follow this  
msc

Robert Hardy

I actually saw an episode of an old anthology type horror show on Amazon Prime called 'The Veil' about 2 weeks ago - it was one of those old shows (1958) starring and introduced by Boris Karloff.  He was in the first episode with Karloff and another death list alumni Patrick Macnee.  I didn't really recognise him as I'd only seen in him stuff from the late 70s onwards.  I did recognise his voice and saw his credit on IMDB!  

Just shows how long he has been acting..From acting with Boris Karloff to Harry Potter!

RIP.

Didn't get on the list, this one or the Crowdsourced. :(

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Guess you could say Hardy wasn't perennial. 

Yeah but he had a lovely brown arm.

Churchill multiple times, Siegfried Farnon, Pontius Pilate in Dennis Potter's 'Son of Man', terrific dual role in cult 80s sitcom 'Hot Metal' etc etc, yet when he dies it's Harry fucking Potter. Makes my piss boil that does!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Died in Denville Hall, apparently. Was still living in the Cotswold's when I started this thread, so a relatively swift downturn.

Still, that's the thing. Folk are always doing well for their age, until they're not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Died in Denville Hall, apparently. Was still living in the Cotswold's when I started this thread, so a relatively swift downturn.

Still, that's the thing. Folk are always doing well for their age, until they're not.

Queenie take note...

• Like 2

I wonder how many famous faces are Denville Hall currently.My guesses are Glynis Johns Doreen Keogh Doreen Mantle Bernard Hepton Leslie Phillips Honor Blackman Roy Dotrice Liz Fraser Bill Maynard Stanley Baxter Fanella Fielding Claire Bloom Paula Tilbrook Peggy Cummins Joan Plowright Bill Treacher Leonard Fenton The Beverly twins.

Sheila Mercier too.

As of last year, Baxter still lived at his home in Highgate, and was getting out and about, iirc.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Roy Dotrice live in LA now?

I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel Day Lewis is there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, themaninblack said:

Churchill multiple times, Siegfried Farnon, Pontius Pilate in Dennis Potter's 'Son of Man', terrific dual role in cult 80s sitcom 'Hot Metal' etc etc, yet when he dies it's Harry fucking Potter. Makes my piss boil that does!

Post of the week!!!

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I wonder how many famous faces are Denville Hall currently.My guesses are Glynis Johns Doreen Keogh Doreen Mantle Bernard Hepton Leslie Phillips Honor Blackman Roy Dotrice Liz Fraser Bill Maynard Stanley Baxter Fanella Fielding Claire Bloom Paula Tilbrook Peggy Cummins Joan Plowright Bill Treacher Leonard Fenton The Beverly twins.

I reckon next years DLs trek to Brinsworth House MUST include Denville Hall!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Baxter would be in Brinsworth not Denville, surely?

Wasnt he interviewed earlier this year?

Im sure he lives alone in an apartment in London, quite sprightly and mentally sharp too.

1 hour ago, msc said:

IIRC, he 'starred' in a few US shows back in the late 70s/80s  as did a few other British actors who were vaguely famous.

Usually played villains ( surprise surprise ) but never had the air time that some like Wilfred Hyde White and Nigel Stock had.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

IIRC, he 'starred' in a few US shows back in the late 70s/80s  as did a few other British actors who were vaguely famous.

Usually played villains ( surprise surprise ) but never had the air time that some like Wilfred Hyde White and Nigel Stock had.

He's (apparently) in Game of Thrones, but his fanmail is directed towards offices in LA iirc.

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Wasnt he interviewed earlier this year?

Im sure he lives alone in an apartment in London, quite sprightly and mentally sharp too.

Herald last year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

He's (apparently) in Game of Thrones, but his fanmail is directed towards offices in LA iirc.

He was only in a couple of episodes about five years ago.  He also narrated the audio books for the source series, but I've no idea how long ago that was.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

He was only in a couple of episodes about five years ago.  He also narrated the audio books for the source series, but I've no idea how long ago that was.

Ah, I see. I've never watched it.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Baxter would be in Brinsworth not Denville, surely?

Isn`t the eligibility the same for the two?

3 hours ago, msc said:

Possibly but I think his family are still in the UK so could see him being put into care nearer to them.

Although Baxter was well last year so was Adam West Robert Hardy Roger Moore and Michael Bond.Once you start getting near or into your 90`s a swift decline can often occur.

4 hours ago, themaninblack said:

Harry Potter is by far one of the most overrated series of all time. I mean, I understand that it's more focused on the younger generation like me (and while I thought it was good, it was nowhere near the greatest film series of all time), but when they use that as the headline for an older actor who has clearly achieved much more in their life than a minor role in Harry Potter, I completely agree that it's so fucking annoying.

• Like 1

The books are perfectly fine kids fantasy stuff. Better quality than the Goosebumps books, no doubt (but not as fun, of course).

The films are not very good. Badly paced, reliant on badly directed inexperienced kid actors, and entirely held up by a bunch of top class actors in the adult roles. Who saw their roles cut down considerably, ie Robert Hardy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2