Sign in to follow this  
msc

Robert Hardy

Hmm.

"How do I get maximum traffic to my site on someone famous having died?" says the Ed.

Obituary Writer: "Let's make reference to his Shakespeare roles and Winston Churchill...."

Former Obituary Writer down the Jobcentre: "I'd like to sign on for welfare please..."

Hey, it's not necessarily about the quality of the work. The headlines are there for the site's benefit, not ours.

• Like 1

Plus, once you are reined in, it might get you watching some of the other excellent stuff he did.

You don't know what you've got til it's gone....How is Joni these days? ;)

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Post of the week!!!

Hear, Hear!

10 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

IIRC, he 'starred' in a few US shows back in the late 70s/80s  as did a few other British actors who were vaguely famous.

Usually played villains ( surprise surprise ) but never had the air time that some like Wilfred Hyde White and Nigel Stock had.

He was in Babylon 5. So surprised he isn't dead yet.

• Thanks 1

In my opinion the Harry Potter books are competent if somewhat derivative. The films from what I have seen are terrible and given undue credibility by some fantastic actors (Alan Rickman, Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Fiona Shaw........)

This does not detract from the fact that I do conside J K Rowling to be one of the world's greatest................

.............self publicists. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Isn`t the eligibility the same for the two?

Brinsworth is for "entertainers", Denville is for "ac-tors".

17 hours ago, themaninblack said:

Churchill multiple times, Siegfried Farnon, Pontius Pilate in Dennis Potter's 'Son of Man', terrific dual role in cult 80s sitcom 'Hot Metal' etc etc, yet when he dies it's Harry fucking Potter. Makes my piss boil that does!

Oh well at least it removes the impurities.

18 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I wonder how many famous faces are Denville Hall currently.My guesses are Glynis Johns Doreen Keogh Doreen Mantle Bernard Hepton Leslie Phillips Honor Blackman Roy Dotrice Liz Fraser Bill Maynard Stanley Baxter Fanella Fielding Claire Bloom Paula Tilbrook Peggy Cummins Joan Plowright Bill Treacher Leonard Fenton The Beverly twins.

The pages aren't sorted by year or anything like that, but you can get limited electoral roll information for Denville and Brinsworth here

https://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Index.asp?pc=HA62SB

https://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Index.asp?pc=TW25AL

Note that the pages cover the entire postcode so if there are any private houses etc. within the same postcode they may also be included. Obviously it only includes people that registered to vote at the address so won't cover everybody.

Pat Coombs has been dead for 15 years so those records certainly go back.

The info at the top of the pages says the information is from 1980 to 2017. The website does get updated though so may provide useful information at some point.

On 03/08/2017 at 16:12, YoungWillz said:

Noticing that Christopher Timothy was in The Virgin Soldiers with Hywel Bennett and All Creatures Great And Small with RH.

He be a jinx....

Timothy's apparently been battling prostate cancer for the last 10 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5853263/EastEnders-star-Christopher-Timothy-reveals-spent-decade-battling-prostate-cancer.html

Ooh, time for his own thread?

• Like 1

This is worse than the first 10 times Tony Hart died! :(

:P

• Haha 1