Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Stranger Than Death

This mormon missionary has survived three terror attacks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3505243/It-s-blessing-God-s-alive-American-Mormon-injured-brush-terrorism-Brussels-surviving-Boston-bombing-Paris-attacks.html

This morning, my favorite german news site had the count at two, now it's three. Soon, it's goin gto turn out that he is a walking ISIS magnet.

He's a crisis actor. Google it.

This mormon missionary has survived three terror attacks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3505243/It-s-blessing-God-s-alive-American-Mormon-injured-brush-terrorism-Brussels-surviving-Boston-bombing-Paris-attacks.html

This morning, my favorite german news site had the count at two, now it's three. Soon, it's goin gto turn out that he is a walking ISIS magnet.

He's a crisis actor. Google it.

Interesting stuff, though I ..probably... don't believe it.

• Like 1

<----- missed being in the Hillsbourgh tragedy by 12 months, the British Midland air crash at East Midlands airport by a few days, the Kings Cross underground fire by about a week, the Madrid train bombs by 24 hours and Mrs Rotten missed 9/11 by 15 months.

<----- missed being in the Hillsbourgh tragedy by 12 months, the British Midland air crash at East Midlands airport by a few days, the Kings Cross underground fire by about a week, the Madrid train bombs by 24 hours and Mrs Rotten missed 9/11 by 15 months.

Hard to describe, but I was in rush hour traffic driving through the lowest road (underpass) in one of those cloverleaf things where highways meet, 5:15pm. Some beat up pickup truck comes falling from the sky about 30' above and lands on the car next to and behind me, killing the driver instantly. (The pickup truck somehow missed an exit, hit the grass strip and slid at 60mph from up above, again too difficult to explain. I missed being killed by literally 1.5 seconds, and went back through my day to thank God that every action I did I didn't pause for 1.5 seconds and put myself where that car was that got squashed. I saw the entire thing in my side/rearview mirror.

Ended up, coincidentally, that the guy that got killed was 29, had a young child, and was the friend of one of my ex-wife's co-workers. He was despondent the next day and Mrs. Creep asked what was wrong, he said his buddy got squashed and she said 'Sir Creep was in the next car and saw the whole thing'.

SirC

Hard to describe, but I was in rush hour traffic driving through the lowest road (underpass) in one of those cloverleaf things where highways meet, 5:15pm. Some beat up pickup truck comes falling from the sky about 30' above and lands on the car next to and behind me, killing the driver instantly. (The pickup truck somehow missed an exit, hit the grass strip and slid at 60mph from up above, again too difficult to explain. I missed being killed by literally 1.5 seconds, and went back through my day to thank God that every action I did I didn't pause for 1.5 seconds and put myself where that car was that got squashed. I saw the entire thing in my side/rearview mirror.

Ended up, coincidentally, that the guy that got killed was 29, had a young child, and was the friend of one of my ex-wife's co-workers. He was despondent the next day and Mrs. Lady Creep asked what was wrong, he said his buddy got squashed and she said 'Sir Creep was in the next car and saw the whole thing'.

SirC

FTFY :lol:

• Like 1

Winthrop University, a relatively small school in South Carolina, lost two members of their athletic Hall of Fame in one week -- both killed in auto accidents. One was heading to a fund-raiser to help others and the other got drilled by a police vehicle on its way to assist others in another car accident.

Janiva Willis (softball): http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article71764347.html

Bennie Bennett (basketball): http://www.wrhi.com/2016/04/former-winthrop-basketball-player-and-hall-of-famer-bennie-bennett-dies-in-automobile-accident-124502

SC

Back to the NFL:
Former Indianapolis Colts and Oklahoma State kicker Cary Blanchard died Tuesday at age 47. Cary passed away unexpectedly of a likely massive heart attack, three days after his mother's funeral.

SC

Former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie has announced that both his parents died within an hour of each other, this morning:

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/former-nfl-quarterback-doug-fluties-parents-die-within-an-hour-of-each-other/1090220/

So I came up with the idea for a thread about partners/spouses/twins/siblings/etc. dying within days, preferably hours, of each other.

A woman I worked with her parents died within minutes of each other. Both on their respective deathbeds the mum kept asking if the dad was dead yet. When her family finally said yes he was gone she died. She apparently said that she was going to outlive the rotten cheating bastard. Mission accomplished Mrs C.

I don't exactly see where threads were 'merged' and prefer that RadGuy's idea for a separate thread had taken hold. Alas.....

Randy Kitson passed away March 4. Daughter Rose Collins says it may have been a stroke that caused his sudden death, but doctors aren't certain. "We are not even sure what happened, because all of the heart scans looked good." Just hours after his passing, the health of Randy's wife of nearly 13 years, Judith Kitson, became Collins' priority. On Sunday, just 44 hours after her husband Randy's death, Judith passed away. Judith was fighting cancer in her bones and lungs. Her diagnosis was almost one year ago. Collins says in recent weeks her mother's health was strong and stable.

SC

I'm not letting go of this idea. RadGuy should be more vocal about this being a thread.

A Long Island, New York couple married for 70 years died just hours apart at their assisted living residence.

William Bauer and his 92-year-old wife Ruth went to bed Monday night, but Ruth never woke up. The couple, and longtime New Hyde Park residents, had been married 70 years.

About 11 hours later William died. He was 97.

SC

Before the Missouri man died earlier this month with his wife of 77 years holding his hand, Raymond Breuer remarked to a nurse that if his spouse passed away about that time they should be buried in the same casket.  Velva Breuer passed away 30 hours after her husband’s death Aug. 4, and Raymond’s wish came true.  The Breuers, in a single casket and holding hands, were buried Friday near their parents and other relatives near St. James.  Raymond lived to be 97, Velva 96.

That's a little creepy, even for Sir Creep
SC

Quirky Illinois couple Bob and Ruth Kretschmer, married for seventy one years, die within fifteen minutes of each other.

Ruth ate right, took vitamins and exercised ... Bob started smoking at age 13, said Boston, who also recalled his salt-loving father-in-law slathering a doughnut in butter and "salting it until it glistened"

• Like 1

On 3/24/2016 at 16:51, Rotten Ali said:

Don't think I've told this one.  One of my cousins from Belgium was in NY and had interviewed for a job with (now I've forgotten the company) on the 93rd floor of Tower 1.  There was a second interview where it was down to her and another lady.  The other lady got the job, and started that week.  Coulda been my cousin.  So whoever it was was working their 2nd day at the office.  
SC

Rick Stein - not the UK chef.  Nor a man to let death get in the way of practical jokes if his obituary is anything to go by. :D

Rick Stein, 71, of Wilmington was reported missing and presumed dead on September 27, 2018 when investigators say the single-engine plane he was piloting, The Northrop, suddenly lost communication with air traffic control and disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Rehoboth Beach. Philadelphia police confirm Stein had been a patient at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was being treated for a rare form of cancer. Hospital spokesman Walter Heisenberg says doctors from Stein’s surgical team went to visit him on rounds when they discovered his room was empty. Security footage shows Stein leaving the building at approximately 3:30 Thursday afternoon, but then the video feed mysteriously cuts off. Authorities say they believe Stein took an Uber to the Philadelphia airport where they assume he somehow gained access to the aircraft.

“The sea was angry that day,” said NTSB lead investigator Greg Fields in a press conference. “We have no idea where Mr. Stein may be, but any hope for a rescue is unlikely.”
Stein’s location isn’t the only mystery. It seems no one in his life knew his exact occupation. 

His daughter, Alex Walsh of Wilmington appeared shocked by the news. “My dad couldn’t even fly a plane. He owned restaurants in Boulder, Colorado and knew every answer on Jeopardy. He did the New York Times crossword in pen. I talked to him that day and he told me he was going out to get some grappa. All he ever wanted was a glass of grappa.”
Stein’s brother, Jim echoed similar confusion. “Rick and I owned Stuart Kingston Galleries together. He was a jeweler and oriental rug dealer, not a pilot.” Meanwhile, Missel Leddington of Charlottesville claimed her brother was a cartoonist and freelance television critic for the New Yorker.

David Walsh, Stein’s son-in-law, said he was certain Stein was a political satirist for the Huffington Post while grandsons Drake and Sam said they believed Stein wrote an internet sports column for ESPN covering Duke basketball, FC Barcelona soccer, the Denver Broncos and the Tour de France. Stein’s granddaughter Evangeline claims he was a YouTube sensation who had just signed a seven-figure deal with Netflix.

When told of his uncle’s disappearance, Edward Stein said he was baffled since he believed Stein worked as a trail guide in Rocky Mountain National Park. “He took me on a hike up the Lily Peak Trail back in the 90s. He knew every berry, bush and tree on that trail.” Nephew James Stein of Los Angeles claimed his uncle was an A&R consultant for Bad Boy records and ran a chain of legal recreational marijuana dispensaries in Colorado called Casablunta. Niece Courtney Stein, a former Hollywood agent, said her uncle had worked as a contributing writer for Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm and was currently consulting on a new series with Larry David.

People who knew Stein have reported his occupation as everything from gourmet chef and sommelier to botanist, electrician, mechanic and even spy novelist. Police say the volume of contradictory information will make it nearly impossible to pinpoint Stein’s exact location. 

In fact, the only person who might be able to answer the question, who is the real Rick Stein is his wife and constant companion for the past 14 years, Susan Stein. Detectives say they were unable to interview Mrs. Stein, however neighbors say they witnessed her leaving the home the couple shared wearing dark sunglasses and a fedora, loading multiple suitcases into her car. FAA records show she purchased a pair of one-way tickets to Rome which was Mr. Stein’s favorite city. An anonymous source with the airline reports the name used to book the other ticket was Juan Morefore DeRoad, which, according to the FBI, was an alias Stein used for many years. 

That is one story. 

Another story is that Rick never left the hospital and died peacefully with his wife and his daughter holding tightly to his hands. 

You can choose which version you want to believe or share your own story about Rick with us at the Greenville Country Club on Friday, November 9, 2018 from 3:00-6:00pm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Rick Stein - not the UK chef.  Nor a man to let death get in the way of practical jokes if his obituary is anything to go by. :D

Fuck I must be losing it, that made me well up.

As prosecutors were preparing closing arguments in his trial, David Michael Bruce, 68, a former teacher at Sycamore Junior High School, was found dead Wednesday morning after a friend went to check on him at his home.  Bruce, who was free on bail, was found dead after he failed to show up for the 11th day of his trial, where he faced a possible life sentence if convicted, prosecutors said. Following his death, the case was dismissed.  Bruce was facing nine felony charges of performing a lewd act on a child under 14, and two counts of lewd acts with a child between 14 and 15 years of age, according to an indictment filed when cops arrested Bruce in 2015.

OK enough backstory.  It's the defendant's PHOTO that has my attention.
SC

08x4v8d_-_imgur.png?itok=CWl5oIYo

Can't figure it out.

shutterstock_1539717a.jpg?w=780

7 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

good story although its copying the big fish

worth watching

they should both get nothing for not looking after them

and the money should go to age uk or something

Frances and Herbert Delaigle from Georgia were happily married for 71 years. They died on the same day, just 12 hours apart.

Its a video story, so....

SC

OH goodness!  Sir Creep is an hour down the road from this story.

ODESSA, Texas (AP) — A 44-year-old Texas oil company worker died after being overcome by poisonous gas at a pump house, and his 37-year-old wife also was killed by the fumes when she went to check on him.

The Ector County Sheriff's Office says Jacob and Natalee Dean died Saturday night after inhaling hydrogen sulfide gas at an Aghorn Energy pump house in Odessa. Deputies say the company dispatched the husband to check on the facility. When he didn't return as expected, his wife tried to reach him by phone but got no answer.

She drove with their two children, ages 6 and 9, to the pump house and was overcome by the colorless, highly corrosive gas when she entered the building. The children were left in the car and weren't harmed.

Jesus what a way to become an orphan.  What an awful story.  But we put that aside, we are DL strong.  Post that shit!
SC

So I’m going to cross post this a few threads, so please indulge me this once.

I now know someone personally who has died from C19.  This was my high school (American) football coach.  So this was rather stunning and sad news.  I also graduated with their daughter, meaning she is experiencing the unthinkable.

RIP coach.

SirC

———————————

Armand Vigna, the former Livonia Franklin head coach, who coached football for more than 40 years, helped the Patriots to its only state title in 1975, the first Division 1 state title in the history of Michigan high school football. 

Vigna and his wife Ruthie died April 28 from the coronavirus within 12 hours of each other. Both were 84. 

• Sad 3

On 24/03/2016 at 21:51, Rotten Ali said:

Me, my wife and daughter missed this by a few hours. 

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/article/1730767/knife-attacker-shot-dead-guangzhou-railway-station-nine-injured

Man who was rescued from mortuary freezer because he was though to be dead, dies just a few days after the rescue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-54566167

Although in these resurrection cases....maybe he just "needed" to be "alive" to change a will or something?

Jerome Eke is dead, the former member of the (Nigerian) House of Representatives from Rivers state has died ten days after he lost his wife, Joan.

Late Eke who represented Etche/Omuma Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives between 2015 and 2019, died last Friday, January 15, ten days after his wife passed away on January 5.  The cause of their deaths is yet to be disclosed by members of his family as at the time of filing this report.

SC