DevonDeathTrip

General Non School Massacre Thread

Bloke in Mississississippi kills 4 hostages then shot dead himself.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-in-killing-of-4-hostages-during-standoff-has-died

https://news.yahoo.com/4-people-including-children-dead-michigan-shooting-215810695.html.      Congress,as usual,send their thoughts and prayers.

FFS. Things like this don't happen in New Zealand. 9 currently listed as dead. Gunman still on the loose?

Well, 2 mosques.

1 in custody, politizi don't know if others cutting around.

Bangladesh cricket team were near one of the mosques :sherlock: Edit- but are safe.

This doesn't look good. Wall to wall breaking news on every news channel.Unusual for this time of morning (in the UK ) . We can only hope and pray it's not as bad as it looks at first …

3 hours ago, Heef said:

FFS. Things like this don't happen in New Zealand.

Main nut job was Australian.

Blame them :)

* Anyone read the whole manifesto?

** DJL not been on in a while Y5UOb.png

*** Is there a Denny's in New Zealand?

From the BBC text coverage. 

PM: Forty dead

New Zealand's PM Jacinda Ardern says 40 people have been killed.

I forecast that many people will conjure up statistical bs in years to come to show that New Zealand had a higher risk per capita of dying in a mass shooting in 2019 than the USA (ignoring all the decades previous in this analysis, obvs). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

I forecast that many people will conjure up statistical bs in years to come to show that New Zealand had a higher risk per capita of dying in a mass shooting in 2019 than the USA (ignoring all the decades previous in this analysis, obvs). 

Hmmmmmmm they had exactly the same number of deaths when they shot and murdered all those Japs in the PoW camp in New Zealand coffee3.gif

21 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

This doesn't look good. Wall to wall breaking news on every news channel.Unusual for this time of morning (in the UK ) . We can only hope and pray it's not as bad as it looks at first …

Sadly I was wrong.It was even worse than anything we could have imagined.  :(. It's close to being worse than all but one gun massacre in t he USA.Who would have thought a peaceful place like New Zealand would get close to breaking that horrible record..Condolences to all the bereaved and prayers to the injured for a quick recovery. 

Death toll now at 50 which makes it worse than every US gun massacre except for the 2017 Las vegas one.  58 people died in that. 

Awful awful stuff no one should die in a place of worship, I really think radical muslims and far right radicals need to be sat down and dialogue needs to be had, wars in the middle east need to be stopped and mass immigration cut significantly.

It's easy to turn to violence but actually that is one of the goals of al qaeda / taliban to radicalise both sides. I watched part of the video and it's all very surreal and upsetting. Him saying sub to pewdiepie and the meme songs playing, the writing on the guns, his comedic responses in his 'manifesto' (everyone has to have a manifesto nowadays) him sharing it in 4/8 chan while 1000s cheered him on It's like sacha baron cohen done a far right terror attack movie. It was all like a big joke until people's loved ones started dying.

Those thousands of young kids who were cheering him on alot of those can easily become armed (usa). It's disturbing that it is now 'en vogue' and 'cool' to be a terrorist or run off and marrry one like those three girls did. That is deeply worrying for my kids future. The taliban and al qaeda might have overplayed their hand though, whites colonised most of the world. I don't think the realise what radicalised white people are capable of. Since most of it was never on video or in pictures. But nazi germany was kind of the end of mainstream white radicalisation .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CastAway said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47611811

Shooting in Utrecht in the Netherlands, someone opened fire on a tram. No clue re: umbers/severity of victims at the moment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nu.nl/schietpartij-utrecht/5796546/drie-doden-en-vijf-zwaargewonden-bij-aanslag-in-utrechtse-tram.amp

3 dead, 5 wounded because of a shooting in a tram in Utrecht earlier today. Suspect is a 37-year old man with criminal record. 

Caught by police after 6 hour search;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nu.nl/schietpartij-utrecht/5797209/verdachte-van-aanslag-in-utrecht-aangehouden.amp

Edited by ThereWillBeDeaths7

7 hours ago, CastAway said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47611811

Shooting in Utrecht in the Netherlands, someone opened fire on a tram. No clue re: umbers/severity of victims at the moment.

That's 3 kilometers from where i live. I use to take that tram when i lived closer to there. So i have been following it all day, also heard helicopters fly over most of the day.

My girlfriend was even 200 meters from where he and his car where found. Still quite shocked that this happened so close to me (i recognised all the locations shown on tv).

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

At least 52 dead in Brazil prison massacre, 16 of whom got the Marie Antoinette-prescribed treatment. (Off with their heads!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9610674/brazil-massacre-inmates-beheaded-burned-alive/

I have a theory the government puts these people who are in rival gangs together and then allows them to riot. So they kill each other off and that either frees up space ,saves money or both. 

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

I have a theory the government puts these people who are in rival gangs together and then allows them to riot. So they kill each other off and that either frees up space ,saves money or both. 

One of those accidentally on purpose circumstances for which an inquiry will be called and recommendations made that nobody will remember a day later. Meanwhile, the government achieves what you suggest.

• Like 1