DevonDeathTrip

General Non School Massacre Thread

A Thai soldier has killed 20 in the city of Nakhon Ratchasima.

He's currently believed to be'holed up' in a shopping centre.

4 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

At least ten people, including an RCMP officer, have been killed in a mass shooting in Portapique, Nova Scotia.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598

This is the problem with the schools being shut.... 

People start considering 10 casualties a massacre....  10 people ffs. What did he shoot them with: an air rifle? 

Re the above - the BBC reported recently that this is the longest gap between school shootings in the US since - I think - about 2002, and now the Canadians are pissing on them with regard to gun massacres. 

I wish news outlets (or police for that matter) would stop naming the shooters etc. We shouldn't be glorifying these idiots so that in a few years time someone will want to be like them or a film will be made about it etc.

Four people were shot, and a 9-year-old girl was “tragically” killed after a gunman opened fire on a public park in California.

The 9-year-old girl was declared dead at the scene, but the six-year-old girl and the woman were taken to a local hospital.

The woman has been listed in critical condition but, luckily, the 6-year-old girl is in stable condition.

SC

I was suprised to find that Finnish murderer/killer Tauno Pasanen (born 1934, 86 years old) is still alive:

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauno_Pasanen

Pasanen in 1969, while drunk, forced his wife and children to leave his house. The neighbour of Pasanen called the police and the police came heavily armed as Pasanen was known as a very agressive man. Pasanen gave no mercy and killed all the four policemen.

There is also a movie about this:

https://imdb.com/title/tt0137863/

Pasanen tried to get free by sending multiple letters to president Kekkonen. Finally the next president, Mauno Koivisto granted amnesty to Pasanen in 1982. Pasanen and his wife divorced in 1992.

Well, in 1996 Pasanen and his wife were back together (possibly only as friends, though) and were binge drinking. Probably not the best idea to do that with your abusive former husband who once shot four cops under the effects of alcohol. This ended in Pasanen strangling his wife to death. He got free in 2000 after only four years.

Someone tried to ask him for an interview last year, he declined the offer saying that his children don't want him talking about what he has done.

• Like 1

Is this the right thread to put inauguration day massacres in? 

43 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Is this the right thread to put inauguration day massacres in? 

I fully expect tomorrow to go without a hitch. There won't be a shot fired, don't worry !

30 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

don't worry !

I won't now I know you've put your considerable influence to good use.

28 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I fully expect tomorrow to go without a hitch. There won't be a shot fired, don't worry !

In that case I won't bother watching it live and will stay with the World Indoor Bowls Championships on BBC2 instead.  

5 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

In that case I won't bother watching it live and will stay with the World Indoor Bowls Championships on BBC2 instead.  

Hoping for some hot bowls protesters all Smith & Wesson'd up? I Like your style my man.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Very wise, as there's a strong rumour that 'associates' of Jack Bird will be gunning down 16th seed Simon Skelton in a hail of machine gunfire during the 23rd end.

(Edit: bah, en passant got there first)

Edited by harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy
gazumped
  • Haha 2

When is it all starting tomorrow for us Europeans?

And by starting, I mean the whole shabang... inauguration, the show and possibly blood being spilled.

24 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

When is it all starting tomorrow for us Europeans?

And by starting, I mean the whole shabang... inauguration, the show and possibly blood being spilled.

BBC is just having a couple of hours of live coverage here starting at 1600 UK time. And I presume bits and pieces before and after.  Not sure what the satellite channels across Europe will be up to. 

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

BBC is just having a couple of hours of live coverage here starting at 1600 UK time. And I presume bits and pieces before and after.  Not sure what the satellite channels across Europe will be up to. 

Yeah, I just noticed that Danish TV starts at 12:30 (11.30 for the UK) and runs it until 19:00. Interesting how they will fill this out. Assume it's 80% DJT bashing and 20% coverage.

I noticed that 71-year old Francois Bazaramba is asking if he could go on parole after around 13 years in jail for genocide https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/e7c6ef90-c097-4c26-9031-096e4353ceda

I decided to check how many other notable people involved in the Rwandan genocide that happened in 1994 are still alive:

Felicien Kabuga (born 1933), the financer of the genocide is still alive at 87 and was caught last year. He'll most likely spend the rest of his life in jail.

Hassan Ngeze (born 1957), co leader of the Hutu militia Impuzamugambi is serving a 35-year sentence in Mali since 1997.

Others:

Jean-Paul Akayesu (born 1953), teacher and mayor who personally supervised killings and provided "death lists"

Theoneste Bagosora (1941-2021) sometimes called the chief organizer of the killings is, like Ngeze, serving a 35-year sentence in Mali.

Valerie Bemeriki (born 1955) is serving a life sentence in Rwanda for promoting the genocide.

Chief of Staff Augustin Bizimungu (born 1952) is in jail and will most likely be there for the rest of his life unless he lives to 89.

Jean de Dieu Kamuhanda (born 1953), minister of higher education is serving a life sentence too.

Prime Minister Jean Kambanda (born 1955) is serving a life sentence.

Commerce Minister Justin Mugenzi (born 1939), couldn't find much information

Leon Musegera (born 1952) was deported from Canada to Rwanda in 2016 and sentenced to a life imprisonment. Desire Munyaneza (born 1966) is in jail in either Canada or Rwanda.

Wenceslas Munyeshyaka (born 1958) is currently a priest in France.

Ferdinand Nahimana (born 1950) was released in 2016.

Ildephonse Nizeyimana (born 1963) is imprisoned by ICTR.

Pauline Nyiramasuhuko (born 1947) is the only woman convicted by ICTR.

Tharcisse Renzaho (born 1944) is serving a life imprisonment.

Minister of "Justice" Agnes Rutagwera (born 1937) is serving a life imprisonment in Rwanda.

Athanase Seromba (born 1963) is serving a life imprisonment in Benin.

Spy chief Pascal Simbikangwa (born 1959) is serving a 25 year imprisonment.

• Like 2

Could also do a list like that about the Cambodian genocide. This is much smaller though, as most of them are already dead:

Khieu Samphan (born 1931) head of state under Pol Pot, last surviving senior member of the Khmer rouge.

Mam Nai (born 1934) lieutenant of Santebal, Kang Kek Iew's second hand man described as the "most terrifying Khmer Rouge individual"

Chhouk Rin (birth year unknown, around 1953) Khmer Rouge commander charged for killing tourists. In "poor health" in 2004, has/had AIDS, last mentioned in 2011.

• Like 2

Just got off the phone with the contractor who is doing the clean up for this triple murder  that happened in Palmer, Alaska, at the end of November last year.

The contractor informed me that the crew that are tasked with that job are receiving counselling as the family were known to some of them.  

• Shocked 1

This could probably been in the Darwin Awards thread as well.

What a place to pick a gun fight with someone.

Three people have been killed and two injured in a shooting at a gun outlet in the US state of Louisiana.

The local sheriff said an "initial shooter" opened fire, striking two people, which prompted several others at the shop to fire their own weapons.

"It appears that several individuals ended up engaging that original suspect," Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joseph Lopinto told reporters.

"From what I understand I have multiple shooters here at this location that were either customers, employees or individuals here at the location itself," he said.

Three killed in New Orleans gun shop shooting - BBC News

54 minutes ago, arghton said:

I-5 strangler Roger Kibbe has been murdered in jail by a cellmate

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/03/01/i-5-strangler-killed-in-prison-victims-included-walnut-creek-woman/

He was 81. Killed and raped seven young women and girls in the 70s

Good riddance

How does 7 women over the course of a decade constitute as a "massacre"?