DevonDeathTrip

General Non School Massacre Thread

14 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I suspect that behind the Atlanta shootings is some dispute in the local massage parlour business.

I suspect that he could not get one of his weapons to work properly so he got out a different one, the fact that Asians were killed was just a coincidence, after all, he was no longer 'shooting blanks'

Ho hum, just another day in Anytown, USA

10 minutes ago, jcc said:

Ho hum, just another day in Anytown, USA

Sigh.  A supermarket? 

1 hour ago, Genfærd said:

Sigh.  A supermarket? 

Usual story. White male, AR-15. I'm sure Congress will swiftly send "thoughts and prayers".

45 minutes ago, jcc said:

Usual story. White male, AR-15. I'm sure Congress will swiftly send "thoughts and prayers".

Body count up to 10 now.

Police say a shooting at a Southern California office building has killed four people, including a child, and the suspected shooter was wounded by police. 
SC

Six family members were dead in apparent murder-suicide in suburban Dallas after two brothers made a suicide pact that included the deaths of the other relatives, police said.

Allen police discovered the deaths after a concerned friend called police around 1 a.m. Monday worried that a person was suicidal, police Sgt. Jon Felty said.

"The two brothers had entered into an agreement that they were going to complete suicide, and from that, it went to where the entire family was taken with them," Felty said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/6-dead-texas-apparent-murder-suicide-after-brothers-made-pact-n1263114

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

You do not get this at Royal Mail when sending a package. Indianapolis mass shooting: Eight dead at FedEx facility - BBC News

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but Switzerland has loads of guns but they don't shoot each other.

Maybe if they employed Americans to make the holes in their cheese using guns, they would be able to take out their anger out on the cheese and not people.

• Like 1

A bomb explosion at a luxury hotel in the Pakistani city of Quetta has killed at least four people and wounded 12.

The Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan (Nong Rong - a candidate for team Gris Gris!) is suspected to have been the target of the attack in the car park of the Serena Hotel.

The Pakistani Taliban have claimed the attack, without giving details.

Trying to blow up Nong is just plain Rong.

SC

On 23/05/2017 at 03:34, YoungWillz said:

Casualty list growing, I pray there are no more fatalities.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15812860/manchester-arena-terror-survivor-found-dead-bedroom/

Sadly  a survivor of the terrorist  bombing of the Manchester arena has now died . 20 year old Eve  Aston has been found dead in her bedroom.  Whilst no cause of death is established  it is alluded to in the article how much she continued struggling with the horror of the aftermath of the bombing.

As a fellow Plymouthian- it’s been a dreadful 36 hrs here. Whilst we here aren’t afraid of death this event has been off the scale. 

Keyham is predominately a working class part of the City and was built with Victorian terraced houses for Dockyard workers. It’s home to HMS Drake as well. The street and park were created from the old railway line back in the 80s and is probably the newest street in the area. 

The first we knew something bad was happening at work was call from CCTV advising us to stay in or get back to bases ASAP. Then we were told if safe to do so, to drive immediately home. In the meantime, Drakes Circus the shopping centre was closed as they thought another gunman was in the area- then Stonehouse pubs was told to close for same reason.

Only when home did we learn of the full horror. I’ll give both BBC Spotlight , BBC Radio Devon and ITV Westcountry with the local paper Herald, the due diligence. No rumours, just facts . Social media in the City however gave the name of the killer hours before, and as for Twatter- Jess have I had to stop myself going for some on there. 

Plymouth whilst being a City is like a collection of villages and we all know people all over. Thank fucking god he killed him self as the next row of shops in Henderson Place is a bookies, a charity shop and Lidl’s so would have been really busy. 

What’s the worst is the cunt ( and I make no apology for using that word) killed a 3 year old girl and her Dad. That’s horrendous and that’s what’s shocked us probably the worst but nobody should have died Thursday night. Correctly we remember the victims- he will rot in his hell. 

It’s our darkest hour since the Blitz in 1941, but we’ll come together, rebuild lives and remember those sad 5 lives cruelly ended. 

A4774674-D864-4AC6-909F-119279D06757.jpeg

DCEA3476-6016-4B36-B732-80B34228B626.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Indeed, and what a blessing he gave up so quickly.  It reminds me of Hungerford, where the miscreant also shot his mother, but his rampage went on for hours and cost many more lives.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Toast said:

what a blessing he gave up so quickly

I know what you mean, comparatively, yes. However in isolation not in my humble view.

He should have stuck it in the back of his throat 20 minutes earlier than he did. The result for himself would be the same.

I can understand why people want to kill themselves, I don't mean I have ever considered it personally, but I can sort of put myself in their heads up to a point I think.

Indeed I suspect given that we are on this site most of us have a better than average insight into contemplation about death.

I can almost understand why people commit murder in some cases, and yes, that's an awkward statement but I think I can at least see the 'why' of it sometimes.

I do NOT understand why someone who is about to kill themselves has to take others first, this is a level of selfishness I genuinely can't get my head around.

You want to die? Sure I see that, but you get what? Half an hour of 'satisfaction' (there must be a better word but I'm not hitting the thesaurus) from the death of others first? I'm mystified.

All I am left with is 'you're not right in the head' which just seems too trite and doesn't really address the issue.

I have zero qualifications in psychoanalysis, this probably shows.