DevonDeathTrip

General Non School Massacre Thread

57 minutes ago, Toast said:

Indeed, and what a blessing he gave up so quickly.  It reminds me of Hungerford, where the miscreant also shot his mother, but his rampage went on for hours and cost many more lives.

I lived near Hungerford in 1987 and remember the terror everyone felt. Thursday's news brought that back. Utterly terrible situation especially the little girl.

I fell down a bit of a rabbit hole last night reading up on incel culture, something which seems to have passed me by so far.   I'm still not convinced that these people qualify as 'terrorists', but I do fear that there will be more of this to come in the future, with our growing legion of internet addicted young men who have untreated mental health issues and unrealistic expectations of sex, based on what they have viewed online

I also read the Reddit output of the killer.  A litany of sexual frustration and appalling grammar. 

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

I know what you mean, comparatively, yes. However in isolation not in my humble view.

He should have stuck it in the back of his throat 20 minutes earlier than he did. The result for himself would be the same.

Oh, that goes without saying.

I can understand why people want to kill themselves, I don't mean I have ever considered it personally, but I can sort of put myself in their heads up to a point I think.

Indeed I suspect given that we are on this site most of us have a better than average insight into contemplation about death.

Yes, and I don't agree with all the hand-wringing over suicides and the mindset that people should be stopped.  If someone wants to end their life because they find it intolerable, that's their choice. 
And all the sad head-shaking "If only s/he'd talked to someone".  Well, they probably did and people didn't have time for them, or couldn't do anything to change things for them, and at best came out with trite platitudes.

It's often noted that they seemed really happy in the last days of their life - that's because they had made the decision and their problems didn't matter any more.  A shame it wasn't like that for this fellow.

I can almost understand why people commit murder in some cases, and yes, that's an awkward statement but I think I can at least see the 'why' of it sometimes.

I do NOT understand why someone who is about to kill themselves has to take others first, this is a level of selfishness I genuinely can't get my head around.

You want to die? Sure I see that, but you get what? Half an hour of 'satisfaction' (there must be a better word but I'm not hitting the thesaurus) from the death of others first? I'm mystified.

All I am left with is 'you're not right in the head' which just seems too trite and doesn't really address the issue.

Yes - killing someone who they hold responsible for their misery is understandable to a degree.  It's revenge.  It can also be "If I can't have them, nobody else will".  These are usually domestic tragedies.

Killing random strangers I think comes out of rage, frustration and jealousy.  From what I've seen of this guy's thinking, he's killed people he perceived to have (or have had) the happy normal life he craved.  Which is basically everybody else. 

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I lived near Hungerford in 1987 and remember the terror everyone felt. Thursday's news brought that back.

Yes.  My mother used to have a business in Hungerford and was there most days.  When it happened I was in Germany and I only found out about it from seeing a newspaper headline.  It wasn't even a German paper, but a Dutch one I spotted in a rack outside a shop.  I managed to make out the gist of what had happened, but the victims weren't named.  Hugely relieved when my mum answered the phone!

• Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 12:38, arghton said:

I noticed that 71-year old Francois Bazaramba is asking if he could go on parole after around 13 years in jail for genocide https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/e7c6ef90-c097-4c26-9031-096e4353ceda

I decided to check how many other notable people involved in the Rwandan genocide that happened in 1994 are still alive:

Felicien Kabuga (born 1933), the financer of the genocide is still alive at 87 and was caught last year. He'll most likely spend the rest of his life in jail.

Hassan Ngeze (born 1957), co leader of the Hutu militia Impuzamugambi is serving a 35-year sentence in Mali since 1997.

Others:

Jean-Paul Akayesu (born 1953), teacher and mayor who personally supervised killings and provided "death lists"

Theoneste Bagosora (1941-2021) sometimes called the chief organizer of the killings is, like Ngeze, serving a 35-year sentence in Mali.

Valerie Bemeriki (born 1955) is serving a life sentence in Rwanda for promoting the genocide.

Chief of Staff Augustin Bizimungu (born 1952) is in jail and will most likely be there for the rest of his life unless he lives to 89.

Jean de Dieu Kamuhanda (born 1953), minister of higher education is serving a life sentence too.

Prime Minister Jean Kambanda (born 1955) is serving a life sentence.

Commerce Minister Justin Mugenzi (born 1939), couldn't find much information

Leon Musegera (born 1952) was deported from Canada to Rwanda in 2016 and sentenced to a life imprisonment. Desire Munyaneza (born 1966) is in jail in either Canada or Rwanda.

Wenceslas Munyeshyaka (born 1958) is currently a priest in France.

Ferdinand Nahimana (born 1950) was released in 2016.

Ildephonse Nizeyimana (born 1963) is imprisoned by ICTR.

Pauline Nyiramasuhuko (born 1947) is the only woman convicted by ICTR.

Tharcisse Renzaho (born 1944) is serving a life imprisonment.

Minister of "Justice" Agnes Rutagwera (born 1937) is serving a life imprisonment in Rwanda.

Athanase Seromba (born 1963) is serving a life imprisonment in Benin.

Spy chief Pascal Simbikangwa (born 1959) is serving a 25 year imprisonment.

Updated for the death of Bagosora.

19 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Norwegian police have named the suspect in Wednesday's bow-and-arrow attackthat left five people dead as 37-year-old Espen Andersen Bråthen.

Attacking people with a bow and arrow.  Smh what’s the point?

SC

Among the deaths was Andrea Haugen also known as Nebelhexe, 52, pagan actress/model/writer/recording artist. Had a wikipedia page before the attack, so must be atleast somewhat notable. Also the youngest victim.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/i/8QR7PG/disse-ble-drept-paa-kongsberg

The shooter is currently in hospital. Seriously mentally ill and from articles I've read, seems like he believes he is an reincarnation of Allah. 

18 hours ago, arghton said:

Among the deaths was Andrea Haugen also known as Nebelhexe, 52, pagan actress/model/writer/recording artist. Had a wikipedia page before the attack, so must be atleast somewhat notable. Also the youngest victim.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/i/8QR7PG/disse-ble-drept-paa-kongsberg

The shooter is currently in hospital. Seriously mentally ill and from articles I've read, seems like he believes he is an reincarnation of Allah. 

She has quite a name in death metal circles, working with the likes of Cradle of Filth.

https://bravewords.com/news/cradle-of-filth-satyricon-guest-performer-andrea-meyer-killed-in-kongsberg-bow-and-arrow-attack

• Like 1

Yet another one round the corner from me and I'm trying to sleep but I keep hearing gunfire. 

Can they not at least keep their obsession with firearms to school hours? 

Only one dead so far.  Maybe there’s potential.

One person has died and several others were hurt Wednesday evening after a Butte County shooting inside a bus. (Talk about a captive audience!)

The shooting suspect fled before law enforcement arrived, the sheriff's office said. Shortly after officers and deputies arrived at the scene, the police department were getting more calls about the suspect, who was now inside the nearby Walmart on Cal Oak Road. Law enforcement personnel took the person into custody and transported them to the Butte County Jail.

SC

A bomb blast by Somalia's Islamic extremist rebels has hit a popular seaside restaurant in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, killing at least six people, ambulance service officials say.

The explosion occurred on Friday evening when many patrons gathered for an Iftar meal to break the Ramadan fast. The restaurant is frequented by government officials.

SC

14 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ten dead in mass shooting at supermarket in Buffalo on Saturday.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/buffalo-supermarket-shooting-05-15-22/index.html

Imagine killing someone because their skin tone is different from your own. Utter madness. I hope he gets everything he has coming to him in their life and the afterlife.

Someone shot up a hospital complex in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Shooter dead, who knows how many casualties.

Ted Cruz, wanna tell us how many armed guards and doors a hospital should have? 

• Like 3

If the nurses carried AK47s none of this would have happened.:facepalm:

• Like 1

Shooting at a shopping centre in Copenhagen. Several shot, press briefing in 5 minutes. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/03/europe/copenhagen-mall-shooting-intl/index.html

Possibly terrorism, multiple deaths. Concert across the street with Harry Styles, cancelled.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Shooting at a shopping centre in Copenhagen. Several shot, press briefing in 5 minutes. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/03/europe/copenhagen-mall-shooting-intl/index.html

Possibly terrorism, multiple deaths. Concert across the street with Harry Styles, cancelled.

According the mirror the concert is going ahead quoting a police source.

12 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

According the mirror the concert is going ahead quoting a police source.

It got cancelled half an hour ago. 

Denmark is in shock. The shooter posted some very unnerving videos yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvrb0ZC3b-OI242nHspptw

Morning update: 3 dead. Male (17), Female (17) and a male (40s).