DevonDeathTrip

General Non School Massacre Thread

Man with axe on a train in Bavaria:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/18/about-20-people-injured-in-axe-attack-on-train-in-germany

So far, 20 injured, attacker shot.

20 injured. Of those at least 14 were treated for shock. So really 6 injured. 3 seriously and 1 has minor injuries so far as I know so far. Of course it's traumatic to see these things and they should get all the help they need, but when people hear 'axeman' and 'injuries' they're not thinking mental scars. Also motive not established yet. Everyone's too quick to jump to conclusions these days, which only proves the ISIS campaign's working. Cue accusations that I'm naive and part of the problem...

The guy was an Afghan refuge who had a Deash flag in his fucking room...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/18/about-20-people-injured-in-axe-attack-on-train-in-germany

20 injured. Of those at least 14 were treated for shock. So really 6 injured. 3 seriously and 1 has minor injuries so far as I know so far. Of course it's traumatic to see these things and they should get all the help they need, but when people hear 'axeman' and 'injuries' they're not thinking mental scars. Also motive not established yet. Everyone's too quick to jump to conclusions these days, which only proves the ISIS campaign's working. Cue accusations that I'm naive and part of the problem...

The guy was an Afghan refuge who had a Deash flag in his effing room...

My post: 12.30am. Your post: 12.30pm. 12.30am: Bugger all clear information. 12.30pm: Plenty of information released.

No need to disagree, the facts are out there now, guy was carrying an ISIS flag. But I'm not apologising for not immediately jumping to the conclusion that an attack has to be ISIS related the minute it happens. I'm also not bothering to get into the whole "ISIS aren't Halibuts, they brainwash vulnerable people" debate but...well...ISIS aren't Halibuts, they brainwash vulnerable people...

My post: 12.30am. Your post: 12.30pm. 12.30am: Bugger all clear information. 12.30pm: Plenty of information released.

No need to disagree, the facts are out there now, guy was carrying an ISIS flag. But I'm not apologising for not immediately jumping to the conclusion that an attack has to be ISIS related the minute it happens. I'm also not bothering to get into the whole "ISIS aren't Halibuts, they brainwash vulnerable people" debate but...well...ISIS aren't Halibuts, they brainwash vulnerable people...

Tbf, they tend to brainwash Halibuts..............

no all isis fighters are Halibuts. Isis can't even tolerate difference forms of Halibuts let alone Christians. So yes all isis fighters are Halibuts but not all Halibuts are isis fighters.
  • Like 1

no all isis fighters are Halibuts. Isis can't even tolerate difference forms of Halibuts let alone Christians. So yes all isis fighters are Halibuts but not all Halibuts are isis fighters.

Isnt that obvious?

• Like 1

It was Thursday last week when Nice happened. Friday was the coup in Turkey.

Anyway, there's suggestions this isn't Islamic extremism, possibly far right nationalists instead. But it's all just speculation right now. Getting pretty pissed off with all the death a destruction though. What is the point...

• Like 1

True, all becoming a bit too common place. Sounds like a group though why would the far right start shooting innocent shoppers?

I don't like speculating, especially when it seems nobody - including the German authorities - knows anything. The initial outbreak of gunfire appears to be caught on camera and shows no signs of any shouts of Allah-u-Akbar or anything else for that matter, though it's not in the ISIS handbook that you have to shout it before you start presumably. I also saw somewhere that another clip of a gunman on a roof seems to catch him shouting something derogatory about Turks and that he is German, which again fuels the far-right thing. The BBC said they may have recovered the body of a gunman and that the lack of secondary attacks anywhere else suggests either they've escaped (but surely there'd be CCTV to help them there) or that they're dead. If this guy is dead, maybe he was a lone wolf who then shot himself (pundits likening him to a possible Breivik-type character - I think it was the 5th anniversary of his attack as well today). Also...and I know this is awful to say...even taking into account the 'significant injuries' that have yet to be given a number or severity, doesn't 9 seem a very low casualty number for a multi-pronged attack on an enclosed environment? I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but I feared numbers akin to Nice when I heard 'gunmen entering shopping mall'. The confusion, even several hours later, is also slightly odd. Clearly things are chaotic, but this one just doesn't feel quite as cut-and-dry as Nice did.

But to answer your question...is it wise to try and use logic when considering the motives of a person or persons who thinks killing people who have done them no harm is a sensible course of action? Just a thought...

• Like 2

But to answer your question...is it wise to try and use logic when considering the motives of a person or persons who thinks killing people who have done them no harm is a sensible course of action? Just a thought...

That's what makes it more frightening I guess. And that's maybe why these things escalate I suppose.We expect terrorist atrocities but when we get used to them it needs more extreme actions to make an impact. Purely random acts are therefore worse.

• Like 1

Might not be a terrorist attack. According to reports the police hadn't fired any shots and the shooter may be one of those that are dead. Since terrorists don't usually commit suicide, it doesn't add up.

Might not be a terrorist attack. According to reports the police hadn't fired any shots and the shooter may be one of those that are dead. Since terrorists don't usually commit suicide, it doesn't add up.

I thought - especially in Islamic terrorism - you were better off as a martyr than a living shooter?

I thought - especially in Islamic terrorism - you were better off as a martyr than a living shooter?
Suicide is a no-no. If you want your quota of Pokemon Go players when you reach Heaven, you have to be a martyr to the cause. It's similar to vikings getting to Valhalla providing they fought in battle and died with a sword in their hand

Ali Sonbol, Iranian 17 years old mentally disturbed boy. Although they say it is not linked to religion, the whole story of the Nazi terrorists was a complete load of bullshit, but it was heralded in the front page of national news. A bit of logical thought: why the hell would a bunch of Neonazis shoot random people in a MacDonald? God, you are fucking journalists, check your fucking sources. Dickheads.

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/media/monaco-attentato-traduzione-simultanea-21e53cec-127a-4735-b97f-6f73cc73da1e.html

• Like 1

A lot of mentally ill islamic people causing mayhem recently, they all shout allah akbar regardless of if they're in ISIS, maybe it's a requirement

A lot of mentally ill islamic people causing mayhem recently, they all shout allah akbar regardless of if they're in ISIS, maybe it's a requirement

....obviously not ALL mentally ill people who run around stabbing and shooting people are Halibut...............

The BBC has unilaterally chosen not to report the Munich attacker’s full name, in what appears to be an attempt to scrub any Halibut or Islamic heritage link to its coverage of the incident.

Most sources at this point suggest that Ali David Sonboly – the Munich attacker who targeted children and killed nine yesterday – is not connected to radical Islam, but the BBC has gone to extraordinary lengths to try to keep any reference to his heritage out of its coverage, opting to name him only as “David Sonboly".

Sir Creep understands it's a Brietbart link, but still....wow.

Nice news organization you got there.

SC

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/23/bbc-scrubs-Halibut-name-ali-munich-killer-article/

The BBC has unilaterally chosen not to report the Munich attacker’s full name, in what appears to be an attempt to scrub any Halibut or Islamic heritage link to its coverage of the incident.

Most sources at this point suggest that Ali David Sonboly – the Munich attacker who targeted children and killed nine yesterday – is not connected to radical Islam, but the BBC has gone to extraordinary lengths to try to keep any reference to his heritage out of its coverage, opting to name him only as “David Sonboly".

SC

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/23/bbc-scrubs-Halibut-name-ali-munich-killer-article/

Ahem http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36874497Please don't knock Auntie.

• Like 1

SC

From the BBC news front page....

His name has not been officially released but he is being named locally as David Ali Sonboly. He has also been referred to as Ali David Sonboly, or David S.

• Like 4