Any links to health scares, falling over or hospital admissions?

Mostly just following on suggestion from t'other thread Sir Cat; but there's been persistent rumours about his health this year and the wife's potential court case for fraud won't help.

He's mentioned in my Murder on the Orient Express thread. There are rumours of dimentia and I think he's had cancer in the past but I'm struggling to recall the details.

The dementia was a hoax I think.He is still seen out and about recently and looks reasonably ok.He did have problems with his throat years ago which was rumoured to be cancer.I think he has also had heart surgery

He didn't do any promotional stuff for the SNP during the Indy Ref. Take that for what it's worth.

Mind you, that could be because he recognises "old", "frail" and "sex symbol" don't mix.

He didn't do any promotional stuff for the SNP during the Indy Ref. Take that for what it's worth.

Mind you, that could be because he recognises "old", "frail" and "sex symbol" don't mix

I wish a few more would....

• Like 2

Happy 86th. Let's hope for at least 10 more. Love him.

Forgot it was his Birthday today.Panicked when I saw this thread had been updated.

• Like 2

86 already? He's getting really old. I have the feeling that he'll be the first major Bond to go, despite being slightly younger than Sir Roger. But do we know anything about his health?

• Like 1

Rumours of ill health - not public ones - but no outright statements.

86 already? He's getting really old. I have the feeling that he'll be the first major Bond to go, despite being slightly younger than Sir Roger. But do we know anything about his health?

So, who are the minor Bonds?

David Niven - DEAD

Bob Holness - DEAD

George Lazonby - ALIVE

any of the others?

David Niven - DEAD

Bob Holness - DEAD

George Lazonby - ALIVE

any of the others?

Daniel Craig.

Sorry, I saw an open goal...

David Niven - DEAD

Bob Holness - DEAD

George Lazonby - ALIVE

any of the others?

Bob Holness?

Google is my friend - radio performance...!! I only ever knew him from granting lots of P's.......!

David Niven - DEAD

Bob Holness - DEAD

George Lazonby - ALIVE

any of the others?

Rus Abbott did a shit Basildon Bond but that wont count, I suppose.

He had some throat problems in the early 90s which was attributed to years of heavy smoking.It was rumoured to be throat cancer which was probably why he was on the 1995 list.There were also rumours he had alzheimers a couple of years back but they were denied by his reps.

Google is my friend - radio performance...!! I only ever knew him from granting lots of P's.......!

Aye, radio, and also - I think - the first actor ever to portray Bond

So

Dalton

Brosnan and..

Craig

Are all major Bonds, then?

Aye, radio, and also - I think - the first actor ever to portray Bond

So

Dalton

Brosnan and..

Craig

Are all major Bonds, then?

Isn't Bond a commander? :D

• Like 7

On 25/04/2017 at 03:16, gcreptile said:

Sean Connery is going to attend his son's movie premiere this week:

http://pagesix.com/2017/04/09/sean-connery-to-attend-sons-movie-premiere/

Apart from that, he plays golf on the Bahamas, but is fine otherwise.

I wonder if his good health reflects his positive state of mind about the next Scottish IndyRef. Could be a good barometer!

• Like 1

Pleased to hear this (that he's attending a public event) as there has been speculation that he is suffering badly from dementia or alzheimers. I think it was after a comment made by his good friend Michael Caine a while back which may have been worded badly and misinterpreted. I seem to remember reading  something along these lines anyway. 

On 4/24/2017 at 18:16, gcreptile said:

Sean Connery is going to attend his son's movie premiere this week:

http://pagesix.com/2017/04/09/sean-connery-to-attend-sons-movie-premiere/

Apart from that, he plays golf on the Bahamas, but is fine otherwise.

I must be reading something different.

He has already seen the film and its Jasons STEP MOTHER who is going to attend the New York screening.

Id say, given that all reports of Connery senior are from Connery junior, it would be wise not to assume the 86 yr old is in fine fettle...or summat.

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I must be reading something different.

He has already seen the film and its Jasons STEP MOTHER who is going to attend the New York screening.

Id say, given that all reports of Connery senior are from Connery junior, it would be wise not to assume the 86 yr old is in fine fettle...or summat.

Fair point. I did sense Michael Caine may have realised he said or revealed too much and promptly retracted /played down his comments if memory serves me correctly. 

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Fair point. I did sense Michael Caine may have realised he said or revealed too much and promptly retracted /played down his comments if memory serves me correctly. 

IIRC, there was something written at the time he retired, rather abruptly, which suggested that he was getting the very occasional memory lapse.

I think there was also a suggestion that it had scared him and, obviously, it was not the way he wanted to go.

There also MAY be something in his flat refusal to join Sir Roger and all the other ex Bonds in an on screen reunion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3132524/The-Man-Olden-Gun-Sir-Roger-Moore-reveals-bid-bring-ex-James-Bonds-star-blockbuster-Sean-Connery-isn-t-keen.html

• Like 1