2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

IIRC, there was something written at the time he retired, rather abruptly, which suggested that he was getting the very occasional memory lapse.

I think there was also a suggestion that it had scared him and, obviously, it was not the way he wanted to go.

There also MAY be something in his flat refusal to join Sir Roger and all the other ex Bonds in an on screen reunion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3132524/The-Man-Olden-Gun-Sir-Roger-Moore-reveals-bid-bring-ex-James-Bonds-star-blockbuster-Sean-Connery-isn-t-keen.html

Intriguing. Thank you. I hadn't heard about this onscreen reunion and I definitely would have thought he'd be up for it as Sean has always been very proud of his Bond role. 

Also whilst he's not the type of celebrity /famous person to act as a political commentator always sharing their views, I would have thought he would have said something about Scotland's predicament since the EU referendum gamechanger. Another sign perhaps that all is not well. 

Connery was at least well enough to pay tribute to Roger Moore:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/808843/Sir-Roger-Moore-dead-James-Bond-films-tributes-Sean-Connery-Pierce-Brosnan-Daniel-Craig

Still, I think the comittee will include him next year, like they included Mr. Prowse after Carrie Fisher's death. They won't want to miss the next dead Bond.

• Like 4

4200.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

He looks pretty damn amazing, considering how frail he looked a few years back.

On 9/19/2017 at 23:09, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Article in the Daily Mail commenting how frail he looks whilst out walking with a cane...

Nothing new.

rs_560x415-130827114725-1024.Michael-Caine-Sean-Connery.mh.082713.jpg

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A very wise choice imo. An absolute icon. 

I have a feeling he was picked more because he is famous rather than how likely it is that he will die soon. I think there could've been better choices this year.

2 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

I have a feeling he was picked more because he is famous rather than how likely it is that he will die soon. I think there could've been better choices this year.

Possibly up to a point but I'm very sceptical that he will see 90 personally but time will tell. 

This is a more a we missed 1 James Bond we can't afford to miss the original pick.Unless he secretly has stage 4 cancer or something one of the most likely on the list to make it safely to 2019.

It would be cruel to loose both old bonds (one each year) I remember last year I was just looking up the other actor and found out Roger was no moore

Agreed ... I see no reason to think he will die this year from any cause other than some wayward golf ball hitting him on the noggin and causing a brain hemorrhage. 

14 hours ago, Szabaka said:

Agreed ... I see no reason to think he will die this year from any cause other than some wayward golf ball hitting him on the noggin and causing a brain hemorrhage. 

Don't. That nearly happened to me.I was on the 8th tee with Sir Sean & Telly Savalas at a Pro-Am when a ball whizzed past my skull,kicking up a hank of hair over my ear along the way. It was only Eric bloody Sykes' shot. Whose idea was it to allow a blind man anywhere near a Nine Iron???

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheFunkyPhantom said:

Don't. That nearly happened to me.I was on the 8th tee with Sir Sean & Telly Savalas at a Pro-Am when a ball whizzed past my skull,kicking up a hank of hair over my ear along the way. It was only Eric bloody Sykes' shot. Whose idea was it to allow a blind man anywhere near a Nine Iron???

He was deaf too wasn't he? 

Maybe they told him to go home but he never heard.

• Haha 1

No, I believe his hearing is still there.  Actually I believe he still drums for some jazz bands.   Eric Clapton just a week or so ago announced that he is going deaf.    

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 04:51, DeathHimself said:

By jove, he's old! 87! For crying out loud!

I mean, 87 is quite old, but it's not THAT old. He's one of the younger people on the list. 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

black-kettle.jpg

Artist rendition of the current situation.

Why are you being so racist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Why are you being so racist?

Black it’s black banana....

11 hours ago, Dalai Lama said:

Black it’s black banana....

He's not Canaan, he's Robert. :lol:

21 hours ago, Nasquacker said:

I mean, 87 is quite old, but it's not THAT old. He's one of the younger people on the list. 

Point taken.

87 is bigger than this font though.