themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

Wow!! What a a achievement I bow to you.

I can confirm Hassan Asif was 25 as according to articles in November and January he was stated as 24 then 25 so let's say Dec 1 or so was his birthday. Anyway you got it right at 25.

SC

Edit: TMIB heads up you have separate listings for Eddie Edwards and Edwin Edwards but it's the same guy. Guvnuh uv Loozeeann

SC

Nice one man in black all looks good!Can anyone else not get the drop 40 up though?

TMIB, and anyone else who helps. A genuine thanks from me for the effort put in. Having run forums and websites on other subject's,it is easy to underestimate the herculean task this is achieved within such a short space of time. Cap doffed sir.

• Like 1

Nice one man in black all looks good!Can anyone else not get the drop 40 up though?

The drop forty will appear in the next update

Amazing! Well done, sir, and thank you. :bow:

Amazing! Well done, sir, and thank you. :bow:

All hail The Man in Black! :bow:

• Like 1

I'm also pleased to see that TMIB hasn't been included in the "Black" theme team. :)

Nice one TIMB. I see no one went for Peter Falk again.

It slipped their mind.

I notice that Cobble to Coffin have Geralnd Sim in their team. Didn't he die at the end of 2014?

I can confirm Hassan Asif was 25 as according to articles in November and January he was stated as 24 then 25 so let's say Dec 1 or so was his birthday. Anyway you got it right at 25.

SC

Edit: TMIB heads up you have separate listings for Eddie Edwards and Edwin Edwards but it's the same guy. Guvnuh uv Loozeeann

SC

I think I neglected to put Sim as dead on my master database after all that in-out-in-out shake-it-all-about regarding his death!

Edwards will be sorted in the next update. One less newbie to write up...

Are you sure they don't mean Eddie the Eagle Edwards?

Top work as ever MIB. Annoyed to see that Edward Ashmore was not a unique, I was convinced my insider knowledge had done me a favour on that one! Never mind, I think my 10th go at this will be the one that sees me victorious, I'm making a space on my mantelpiece as we speak.....:D

Are you sure they don't mean Eddie the Eagle Edwards?

Looking at the original email, it's the former Governor of Louisiana...

It's amazing what you can learn when trawling through other teams - for instance, whilst I did know that Gina Yashere is not very funny and mentions her Nigerian mother quite a lot, I had no idea she's a tuppence licker. Every day's a school day with the Derby Dead Pool!

• Like 2

I noticed Brian Jaques in the Brian theme team. If they mean the Redwall author he died in 2011.

Whole In Won get the Diana Rots memorial trophy for this season.

What?

I notice that Cobble to Coffin have Geralnd Sim in their team. Didn't he die at the end of 2014?

SC

SC

I think I neglected to put Sim as dead on my master database after all that in-out-in-out shake-it-all-about regarding his death!

Edwards will be sorted in the next update. One less newbie to write up...

In further regards to Sims, he was in my team last year - will a historical correction be issued with my sub Colin Edwynn who thankfully didn't die replacing him?

Whole In Won get the Diana Rots memorial trophy for this season.

What?

Diana Rots was a team a few years ago made up pretty much entirely of unique/obscure survivors from the previous year's top 10. Whole in Won appears to have a team entirely of survivors from Spade, DDT and Death Impends' teams from last year.

Great work as always TMIB. One thing I saw, I think Kentucky Fried Genocide and Lullabye-bye of Broadway both meant Rosemary Harris the actress, not the author.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, great work!

Aahh... the lead for me, lol!

I know it won't get much better than this for me this year. At some point my theme team will run out of obitable people, because the later they die, the unlikelier the obit. But my little provocation worked! I guess I need two more hits for the theme team crown. Doable, but not a sure thing. No previous theme team winner reached 60 points, so I guess that's what is needed, but then again, this year will be an absolute record year so who knows...

Also, yay! Pierre Boulez a unique hit! If Michel Delpech gets his obit that could turn out to be a very significant boost. Top 10 was my goal. But yeah, I'd really like a top 5 position. I see someone else picked Jackie Storrar. Boo! Though, of course, the obit is dicey, again. On the other hand, I did not expect the Joey Feek story to explode that much as the year went on. So who knows what's in store for Storrar. Somehow I have 3 female country singers in my main team, funny, at least for me...

My B team has 6 uniques, more than I expected. Noone else picked Ross Hannaford? Here, the obit is relatively likely. And Jim McLean, let's see how significant a one-sentence note about how he is relatively ill these days turns out to be... Similarly, Roh Tae-Woo. When the other South Korean president died, one article noted his absence from the public for 10 years. Could be significant, or not... Nikolaus Harnoncourt also a unique hit. People don't like to pick classical musicians it seems, even though their obits are 100% certain.

All we need is Joey Feek to head to Jesus, and a Delpech obit, and Spade will have 62 points in January.

I'd just like to point out that Pan Breed has had its greatest ever start (19 points with Angelil and Smith), as both hits have come faster than my previous fastest ever success, Etta James in 2012. (Not counting Rafferty and Lubbock in 2011, as they were ineligible...)

Thank you very much TMIB, great work! :bow:

And thanks for the nice comments at my teams. I hope you will be right!

But again it will be difficult for all my theme team picks to obit in the UK. Last year they were no obits for Wiedemann and Bossi, this year starts with no obit for Leuwerik :(