themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

My own chances: I think all my three teams could make the top ten. Shameless probably has the most potential of all teams in the competition, with all these young and unique picks. But obitability... I think it will fall short of 100pts and end up somewhere around place 5-10. The Love Boat is cruising comfortably into the Top Ten, especially post-Feek (everyone had Crowe anyway, except Shameless, of course.). An obit for Delpech would put it into top three territory I believe. But there are question marks around the obitability of Andrew Yeaman, Jackie Storrar and Gary Haggarty. It's unrealistic to believe that these three all die and obit. So I'd put The Love Boat around place 5 in the end.

In terms of point potential and obitability, The "B" team is between Shameless and The Love Boat, with six unique picks and a potential 26-point joker. It now has three hits and is a slow-burning team that will improve as the year progresses. I wouldn't be surprised if my teams end up at place 4-5-6 or something like that. In fact, I believe they might all have been potential winners in the last year (when nobody reached 100pts). But I repeat, this year will be spectacular and the previous point and hit records will be broken by several people.

Thanks for the sacrifice, Crowe and Feek.

I move up from 7 points to 36 points in the space of one update.

Can anybody fag-packet my new position with Feek and Crowe - I'm too damn lazy?

Here's my chances.

FUCK. ALL.

• Like 1

Could have the decency to wait for a qualifying obit - nil points as yet...

With those two, you've moved from joint 67th to joint 65th.

Sorry, it's an old joke but I couldn't resist.

Could have the decency to wait for a qualifying obit - nil points as yet...

The Daily Mail literally published an article about her less than an hour ago. An obit is bound to show up real soon.

With those two, you've moved from joint 67th to joint 65th.

Sorry, it's an old joke but I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure I get the joke but whatever...

Crowe--Feek--?????. A lot of people sitting in a potential 3 day hat trick today.

Crowe--Feek--?????. A lot of people sitting in a potential 3 day hat trick today.

ZsaZsa... Billy Graham... Joao Havelange... it's about time...

So I guess with the next update all the "easy" pickings are baked into the scoreboard. "Easy" meaning, I always added up the points for Crowe and Feek onto my score anyway.

Conductor Nikolaus Harnoncourt is dead and a unique hit for my "B" team.:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/rebell-pionier-weltstar-dirigent-und-musiker-nikolaus-harnoncourt-ist-tot/13059658.html (german link)

A qualifying obit should be up shortly. Edit: The Dead Cow has it,

I picked two conductors in two teams and both were unique hits!

Edit: I'm facing a bit of (justified) animosity because of Shameless, but I also had some top notch research that went into the other DDP teams. 6 unique hits so far. Let's see how high the "B" team gets.

Last year only 4 hits were made from the Drop 40. This year, we've now just hit that same number with three of those coming in the space of 1 week!

• Like 2

Brought forward:

Joey Feek: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8663&p=257027

Daily Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477406/Holding-letting-Joey-Feek-s-oldest-daughter-holds-hand-final-time-heartbreaking-photo-terminally-ill-country-singer-s-days.html

Nikolaus Harnoncourt: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7118&p=257225

BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35739456

Nancy Reagan: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8629&p=257253

BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35739997

That next update (tomorrow?) is going to be absolutely massive.

2 or 3 more deaths tonight would be dandy. Just to watch TMIB have a mental breakdown while he writes it.

• Like 5

Got my first hit for this thread Nancy Reagan -although I don't imagine that places me very high on the scoreboard!

I try to explain that sometimes all we need are these little 'hits' to get things rolling. I had a massive year in my DP I run last year, and it all got started with a few points from Little Jimmy Dickens age 94. Not a damned thing wrong with getting hits of any kind.

SC

• Like 1

Got my first hit for this thread Nancy Reagan -although I don't imagine that places me very high on the scoreboard!

I try to explain that sometimes all we need are these little 'hits' to get things rolling. I had a massive year in my DP I run last year, and it all got started with a few points from Little Jimmy Dickens age 94. Not a damned thing wrong with getting hits of any kind.

SC

As the Reaper himself has noted in the past, the old supply a constant stream of success. Most winners of the DDP have had some old person count as one of their hits (even if they had discovered rare news that Claudio Abbado was iller than expected). They're just hard to predict for DDP psephology and swings, as they could go at any time. Nancy is a case in point!

As the Reaper himself has noted in the past, the old supply a constant stream of success. Most winners of the DDP have had some old person count as one of their hits (even if they had discovered rare news that Claudio Abbado was iller than expected). They're just hard to predict for DDP psephology and swings, as they could go at any time. Nancy is a case in point!

Not just entertainment...

• Like 2

SC

Thanks!

I'm in three deathpool games on here and in the past week I've got my first "hit" on all three games, Nancy Reagan, Tony Warren and George Kennedy. It certainly does feel like a rush of gathering momentum!

• Like 1

:D

"And that's a huge swing to the Nancy Reagan believers in the 2016 DDP. What does it mean?"

"She's dead, Jim..."

• Like 1

:D

"And that's a huge swing to the Nancy Reagan believers in the 2016 DDP. What does it mean?"

"She's dead, Jim..."

I actually had a rather bizarre dream a few weeks ago of David Dimbleby presenting the Drop 40 on New Years Eve as though it were an election. Amusing and disturbing.