themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

Round Up #23

Bobbie Heine Miller: https://forums.death...-mate/?p=272805 (Carried Over)

Awaiting Obit.

Glenn Yarbrough: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/1607-old-folkies-home/?p=273598

Awaiting Obit.

We're in a drought. It's official.

I'm not surprised after the early pace. August does seem to be the "quiet" month, doesn't it?

Let no man boast himself that he has got through the perils of winter till at least the seventh of May - Anthony Trollope

Death statistics show more people die in the winter months than the summer. To avoid droughts I suggest more Southern Hemisphere candidates.

August is one of those months - there might be few major deaths, but when there is one, it tends to be a corker. Besides, these recent warm summers (too warm, to this Scots mind) are usually followed by harsh winters.

Round Up #23

Bobbie Heine Miller: https://forums.death...-mate/?p=272805 (Carried Over)

Awaiting Obit.

Glenn Yarbrough: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/1607-old-folkies-home/?p=273598

Awaiting Obit.

Is Piet de Jong not carried over?

Nah, already in the List of the Lost. Not looking like he'll be added yet...

Will Kenny Baker be the start of another celebrity epidemic

Will Kenny Baker be the start of another celebrity epidemic

Nope.

The nights are drawing in - could help us

Are we waiting for more deaths, or could we update it now

According to the report, he died on TUESDAY yet this was posted on FRIDAY.

I think we have the winner chaps ! ! ! ! !

He he the round up is only updated, to save from post whoring. Updated today.

• Like 1

Latest Update (finally dragged out of me..)

• Like 1

OK, now deaths seem to be at a much slower pace, is it time to suggest minor improvements to the bios? For instance, calling Bill Cosby "squeaky clean" now seems like something of an error.

OK, now deaths seem to be at a much slower pace, is it time to suggest minor improvements to the bios? For instance, calling Bill Cosby "squeaky clean" now seems like something of an error.

I'd assumed it was meant to be ironic. Not that he's been convicted of anything of course for anyone to be ironic about (can't be too careful in these litigious times).

You're right Spade, some of the bios badly need updating due to subsequent events and so on. I thought I did change Cosby though because you've mentioned it before. Unless I was distracted, this happens often...

EDIT: Well having looked as Cosby's entry I find I did make some changes, reflecting the current predicament he's in. I think I'll add quotation marks to the squeaky-clean remark...

There's all sorts of typos and stuff going on as well. I might have a crack at revising the bios - perhaps a little shearing of the longer entries - keep things nice and punchy - letter by letter (although I will probably have to cover all the database of alive celebs as they're potentially all on offer in 2017) in the months leading up to next year, when I am not putting my plans in place for devolving the TTL and possibly overhauling the webpages etc.

Busy times ahead...

Havelange... I also thought it's spoken like "avalanche"... but the (german) newsreader pronounced it like A-vee-lan-geeee

Havelange... I also thought it's spoken like "avalanche"... but the (german) newsreader pronounced it like A-vee-lan-geeee

Yes but he also pronounced his first name Jewwwwwwww

SC

I have it on good authority The Guardian will not publish a De Jong obit.

Can you tell you're good authority that a deathlister thinks he's a cunt and should force them to publish an obit for de Jong by holding up the offices?

There's all sorts of typos and stuff going on as well. I might have a crack at revising the bios - perhaps a little shearing of the longer entries - keep things nice and punchy - letter by letter (although I will probably have to cover all the database of alive celebs as they're potentially all on offer in 2017) in the months leading up to next year, when I am not putting my plans in place for devolving the TTL and possibly overhauling the webpages etc.

Busy times ahead...

I really don't see the point in doing this. The theme team league makes DDP for me, it's also quite amusing to see TT's out-performing serious contestants by massive margins.

You're right Spade, some of the bios badly need updating due to subsequent events and so on. I thought I did change Cosby though because you've mentioned it before. Unless I was distracted, this happens often...

EDIT: Well having looked as Cosby's entry I find I did make some changes, reflecting the current predicament he's in. I think I'll add quotation marks to the squeaky-clean remark...

I gave the first couple letters a looksee to scope out some bios that might need an update, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has to be one, with his al-Qaeda days a thing of the past.

I also spotted, though not an out of date entry, that Ann Blyth is listed twice!

Whoa! Didn't notice that! That'll be fixed by the next update.