themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

I do believe that wrestling is a great special interest for this, though, and I don't like that I don't really have any idea or interest at all about this sport. Wrestling is so interesting for us because it has one of the highest [fame received vs. money earned] quotients. I mean, politicians, famous actors, singers and so on, have the money to get good treatment for all their ailments. But wrestlers often end up broke and are left to deal with their significant health troubles alone. I guess boxers fall into a similar category, unless they had their several-million-dollar fight/shot at a WC. Reality TV stars are similar, but possibly trickier because they disappear from public view as quick as they enter it.

I think technically it's Sky Sport News that counts for obituaries (which is where the Andrew Millwall loophole saved me two years back), rather than Sky Sports itself. So mentions on Raw would not be valid obits.... unless TMIB can clarify otherwise.

Speaking of specific fields of interest, Nick Bockwinkel didn't seem to get a qualifying obit. Unless...do mentions on Sky Sports TV programming (ie, WWE RAW) count? I didn't pick him as I thought he'd last till January, now it looks like I avoided my first "no obit" issue.

Seems kind of shocking he did not get a qualifying obit . Mad Dog Vachon who worked in the same promotion and won the same titles as him got an Independent and Telegraph Obit 2 years ago and Bockwinkel probably achieved a greater degree of fame as well because he was the AWA champ in the early 80's while Vachon's success was largely in the 60s and 70s.Not to mention Bockwinkel feuded with Hulk Hogan the biggest star of the sport the same year Rocky III came out.

Jay Strongbow didn't get an obituary, Oliver Humperdink did. There is no rhyme or reason to which wrestlers get a UK obit and which ones don't.

Jay Strongbow didn't get an obituary, Oliver Humperdink did. There is no rhyme or reason to which wrestlers get a UK obit and which ones don't.

Nearly every "name" wrestler since then has got one, including Brad Armstrong, making Bockwinkel (who appeared on RAW in recent times) missing out all the stranger.

Depends if you count Hector Garza as a "name".

As much as obit-less Jimmy Del Ray and Buddy Landel.

I hope TMIB gives some consideration to sub-contracting the stats analysis next year. There's loads of people on DL who just love crunching the numbers and I'd really like to see an updated leaderboard for total hits, total points, etc ;)

All in good time. I'm going to have a crack at the stats. I was aware that you were nearing the landmark. But I'm offer somebody on here an opportunity to get involved at some point. Soon as he gets his team in...

Just out of interest this is a message I got from the Madasafish client (which hosts the DDP on the server) when I loged in the other day to my smartphone...

Important information - closure notice of Madasafish broadband and home phone from the 11th January 2016

Please note if you have an email only service from Madasafish this WILL NOT be affected by the closure.

As you may know, Madasafish was bought by Plusnet back in 2007. Over the last eight years you've benefited from our award winning customer service and now we also want to make sure you're getting the best value for money and access to our latest products and packages. That's why we've made the decision to close Madasafish and give you, our valued customers, an easy no hassle option to transfer your service to Plusnet.
Plusnet is a broadband provider with a range of products like unlimited broadband, super-fast fibre, phone and YouView TV from Plusnet. See our list of awards at www.plus.net/awards.
What happens next?

If you have Madasafish home phone and or broadband, please call us on 0800 731 7508 to talk through what's on offer, and start your move to Plusnet today.
We strongly recommend you contact us as soon as possible, as from the 11th January 2016 you will no longer be able to use your Madasafish service.
As part of our closure plans for Madasafish, on 13/11/2015 all customer contracts will be assigned to Plusnet Plc. Your personal data will transfer to Plusnet Plc for the continued provision of your service and will be processed for the same or similar purposes. Plusnet Plc is a company registered in England and Wales (company number: 03279013) and its registered office is at The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield S1 2GU.

I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen but It may prompt me to move the site to another service and perhaps prompt me in to re-creating the site on a better, database-infused server, which has probably coming a long time...

Guest Chang and Eng

Are conjoined twins OK to pick? Some deadpools are very discriminatory towards them.

Are conjoined twins OK to pick? Some deadpools are very discriminatory towards them.

We have had them in the past...

Here was the entry I sent to TMIB earlier if anyone is interested.I am fairly optimistic but culled and omitted many names I just could not fit in .Time will tell if I got the balance right ha!

Main team Shaun of the Dead 69

1)Joey Feek (Joker)
2)Kristen Hallenga
3)Dr Kate Granger
4)Billy Graham
5)Zsa Zsa Gabor
6)Martin Crowe
7)Howard Marks
8)Jenny Diski
9)Paul Gascoigne
10)Rene Angelil
11)Val Kilmer
12)Rob Ford
13)Joost van der Westhuizen
14)Jeanne Little
15)John Noakes
16)Gladys Hooper
17)Muhammad Ali
18)Stephen Hawking
19)Bhumibol Adulyadej
20)Leslie Phillips
Reserves:
1)Susannah Mushatt Jones
2)Yasutaro Koide
3)Helen Fawkes

(Theme team) Slippery Soap (British soap opera actors and actresses)

1)Antony Booth (Joker)
2)June Brown
3)Leonard Fenton
4)Liz Dawn
5)Jean Alexander
6)Sheila Mercier
7)June Spencer
8)Freddie Jones
9)Paula Tilbrook
10)Kenneth Cope
11)Eileen Derbyshire
12) William Roache
13)Barbara Knox
14)Norman Bowler
15)Johnny Briggs
16)Bill Treacher
17)Prunella Scales
18)Julie Goodyear
19)Thelma Barlow
20)Heather Chasen
Reserves:
1)Amanda Barrie
2)Derek Martin
3)Doreen Mantle
Theme team 2 :No more expenses (British Mp`s)
1)Eric Lubbock (Joker)
2)Ronald Atkins
3)Albert McQuarrie
4)Clive Bossom
5)Michael Shaw
6)Robert Sheldon
7)Jill Knight
8)John Eden
9)James Ramsden
10)Edward du Cann
11)Patrick Jenkin
12)Jim Prior
13)Bill Rodgers
14)David Waddington
15)Douglas Hurd
16)Nigel Lawson
17)Roy Hattersley
18)Sir Peter Tapsell
19)Norman Tebbit
20)Cecil Parkinson
Reserves:
1)Dennis Skinner
2)David Winnick
3)Ken Clarke

Good luck Shaun! And everybody!

I too have now emailed TMIB my three teams and will do the grand reveal as soon as possible in 2016. Hopefully you've got them TMIB.

2 theme teams turned in. Only the Gris Gris team any serious chance of doing well. I've little respect for teams with 100+ old folks all over it, any numbnuts could throw that together

SCreep

We have had them in the past...

Aye, but regardless of your sexual antics, are they okay to pick?

• Like 1

That was a bit forced, Maryport.

Like your sexual antics?

Here was the entry I sent to TMIB earlier if anyone is interested.I am fairly optimistic but culled and omitted many names I just could not fit in .Time will tell if I got the balance right ha!

Main team Shaun of the Dead 69

1)Joey Feek (Joker)
2)Kristen Hallenga
3)Dr Kate Granger
4)Billy Graham
5)Zsa Zsa Gabor
6)Martin Crowe
7)Howard Marks
8)Jenny Diski
9)Paul Gascoigne
10)Rene Angelil
11)Val Kilmer
12)Rob Ford
13)Joost van der Westhuizen
14)Jeanne Little
15)John Noakes
16)Gladys Hooper
17)Muhammad Ali
18)Stephen Hawking
19)Bhumibol Adulyadej
20)Leslie Phillips
Reserves:
1)Susannah Mushatt Jones
2)Yasutaro Koide
3)Helen Fawkes

Bit early to reveal main teams, no? Not I expect any of those names on my own radar to be unique, mind you!

I could easily see many of those falling before Christmas 2016 though - could easily push past the 60 point margin if the cards all fall in your favour.

That was a bit forced, Maryport.

Like your sexual antics?

Remind me, what number in the list of my restraining orders are you?

• Like 3

Too tricky to try and pick a team of old and ill coffin Dodgers. Far too many see out the year. Best way is list only people with the "he's only got 6 months to live" prognosis.

been there, done that, made him joker. Wilko Johnson will never get near my team again.

greatest pick ever?

Mine was Vaclav Havel. Still amazed it was a unique. Could be having another one from that proud nation for next year.

[and I'm not talking about Srnicek]

Hello Death List ..... so many years playing along without joining in the conversation ..... time to join before I become part of the annual statistics.

Good fortune to everyone out there. Here is my 1st attempt for 2016

1)Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2)João Havelange, 3)Herman Wouk, 4)Billy Graham, 5)Olivia De Havilland, 6)Javier Perez de Cuellar, 7)Kirk Douglas, 8)Clive James, 9)Valerie Harper, 10)Doug Ellis, 11)Leslie Phillips, 12)Joost van der Westhuizen, 13)Denis Norden, 14)Jake Lamotta, 15)Cliff Michelmore, 16)Nancy Reagan, 17)Hosni Mubarak, 18)Chuck Berry, 19)Richard Adams, 20)Muhammad Ali (floating butterfly), 21)Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run), 22)Daniel arap Moi (African politician), 23)Roger Bannister (3m 59.4s), 24)Boutros Boutros-Ghali (UN), 25)Barbara Bush (1st lady), 26)Pierre Cardin (Haute Couture), 27)Jimmy Carter (Peanut farmer), 28)Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), 29)Piet de Jong (old Dutch), 30)Len Deighton (a Berlin Funeral), 31)Frank Dickens (Bristow), 32)Stanley Donen (On the Town), 33)Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming), 34)William Frankland (immune to death), 35)Benny Golson (be-bop), 36)Juliette Gréco (chanson), 37)Hal Holbrook (presidents man), 38)Robert Horton (wagons roll), 39)Jim Lovell (Apollo 13), 40)Hardy Krüger (38th SS), 41)Neville Marriner (in the Fields), 42)Michael Medwin (Army Game), 43)Desmond Morris (Naked Ape), 44)Carl Reiner (act, write, direct), 45)Debbie Reynolds (1955 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year), 46)David Rockefeller (more money), 47)William Russell (Dr Who companion), 48)Douglas Slocombe (Ealing master), 49)Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie), 50)Martin Crowe (12th man).

• Like 4

greatest pick ever?

Mine was Vaclav Havel. Still amazed it was a unique. Could be having another one from that proud nation for next year.

[and I'm not talking about Srnicek]

Greatest picks OAT would presumably be the ones that single-handedly won DDPs. Andrew Millwall in 2013 and Yosra El-Essawy in 2014 for me.

Here's the 20 choices of Gooseberry Crumble and my reserves

1)Nancy Sinatra Senior (Franks first wife)

2)Nancy Reagan

3)Connie Francis

4)Dyan Cannon

5)Wilbur Smith

6)Dries Van Agt (Former Dutch PM)

7)Barry Humphries (Dame Edna Everage)

8)Roger Moore

9)Gene Hackman (JOKER)

10)Empress Michiko -Empress consort of Japan

11)Geoffrey Hinsliff (British actor -Don Brennan in Coronation Street)

12)Barbara Knox

13)Tony Warren (creator of Corrie)

14)Bruce Jones (ex Coronation Street actor)

15)Peter Dean (played Pete Beale in EastEnders 1985-1993)

16)Ivor Danvers (British actor -Howards Way)

17)Peter Stringfellow

18) Julie Goodyear

19) Aline Chretien (wife of former liberal Canadian PM Jean Chretien)

20) Pat Boone

My reserves

Grace Mugabe

Arthur Scargill

George Michael

Thanks ☺

• Like 1

Is this Barry person her brother? You can't pick 2 people with 1 pick

Is this Barry person her brother? You can't pick 2 people with 1 pick

No Edna is Barrys alter ego not sibling!