Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

anyone think he'll be assassinated by the CIA before the inauguration?

Sweepstake? :D

December 23rd 2042. Man. I am good at this ;)

Do you think another counterculture movement like the one in the 60s would happen because of a Trump win?

Trump will shake things up a bit in the world.

He was democratically elected, after all - why are all these lefty liberals getting their panties in a twist over it? They should stop being so fucking childish and accept the result.

He was democratically elected, after all - why are all these lefty liberals getting their panties in a twist over it? They should stop being so effing childish and accept the result.

Again, democracy is complicated. If 80% of people vote to exterminate the other 20% it's democratic but is it right? Ongoing arguments and challenge is as much part of democracy as is voting. The Chartists, the Suffragettes etc all won as a result of agitation not elections.

• Like 3

He was democratically elected, after all - why are all these lefty liberals getting their panties in a twist over it? They should stop being so effing childish and accept the result.

Again, democracy is complicated. If 80% of people vote to exterminate the other 20% it's democratic but is it right? Ongoing arguments and challenge is as much part of democracy as is voting. The Chartists, the Suffragettes etc all won as a result of agitation not elections.

That's why it's important to have something like the US Constitution, which guarantees rights and protects people from abuse by the majority. Unfortunately some parties like the US Left only respect the parts they like.

I think it's very possible that Bernie might have won. Trump's victory was more anti-establishment than racist or xenophobic. This article by Robert Reich is very insightful:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/democrats-working-class-americans-us-election

That's why it's important to have something like the US Constitution, which guarantees rights and protects people from abuse by the majority. Unfortunately some parties like the US Left only respect the parts they like.

Unlike the Tea Party who didn't like a Black President?

• Like 2

I'm not a Tea Party member but I don't think most of them didn't like Obama because he is black. For most it was about issues. One of the really unfortunate things about Obama's presidency was that if you opposed him on something, a certain percentage of the Left always accused you of racism. Every president should be subject to criticism without being labeled a racist or whatever. I certainly see myself opposing Trump in the near future as I have every president on something or other.

I'm not a Tea Party member but I don't think most of them didn't like Obama because he is black. For most it was about issues. One of the really unfortunate things about Obama's presidency was that if you opposed him on something, a certain percentage of the Left always accused you of racism. Every president should be subject to criticism without being labeled a racist or whatever. I certainly see myself opposing Trump in the near future as I have every president on something or other.

What exactly did claim our country back mean? My point it is it isn't only the left who as you put it only respect the parts of democracy they like - everybody does it.

• Like 1

Zorders would be happy right now. Sad he's not here to write 10000 pages of political rantings.

Donald John Trump. Not even his own father believed he would be President...

Donald Trump wins president... Cubs win World Series... Brexit happened... David Bowie, Prince, Muhammad Ali, and Gene Wilder dies... man. 2016 really is unpredictable

...Next thing you know, the Nobel Prize in Literature will go to an individual who's not even an author. :lol:

...Oh wait... :ph34r:

anyone think he'll be assassinated by the CIA before the inauguration?

I hope not!!

Don't get me wrong I loathe the guy and his rabble rousing antics but his vice president Mike Pence would be much worse, more ideological and extreme especially on minority rights, gay marriage, supreme Court nominations and a woman's right to choose.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Pences near air accident a few week's ago wasn't an assassination attempt not that we will ever know!

Trumps rhetoric on say appointing an anti gay marriage right supreme justice during the campaign is not something I think he will follow through on but Pence would-read up on him. Chilling.

• Like 1

Religion always seems to bring out the worst in people. The more religious the people the more hateful they are, strangely enough. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Tolerance and stuff?

• Like 1

Do you think another counterculture movement like the one in the 60s would happen because of a Trump win?

No

You'd have to drag those born at the turn of the century off their Play Stations and out of their minimum wage jobs which they're shit-scared of losing first.

A big ask!

• Like 2

No

You'd have to drag those born at the turn of the century off their Play Stations and out of their minimum wage jobs which they're shit-scared of losing first.

A big ask!

Just as Obama was deeply hated by certain people (e.g. white supremacists, Tea Party fans etc.), so will certain segments of the population (illegal Mexicans, Chinese, liberals, Halibuts etc.) detest Trump.

Among these minorities, Halibuts are certainly the most likely to act on their words, the others might protest and cry over his presidency, but unlikely to cause much trouble for him. But much will depend on what he'll actually do as a president.

In the United States, we can protest over the price of dog food. Which I would like to. That shit is expensive.

Oh, come on, Trump is a natural born winner. I reckon he will be more moderate/calm than Hillary would have been. Sometimes men who look crazy look crazy only because they are wiser than other men.

Oh, come on, Trump is a natural born whiner.

FTFY

• Like 2

Oh, come on, Trump is a natural born w anker.

Or to offer a choice ...

ETA ffffffff swear filter again

• Like 3