Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

Sorus funding the protesters for $18 an hour.

Seems stingy for a weekend rate, but that's Nazis for you.

I wonder exactly how many of the protestors actually voted?

I say probably the vast majority, because the cities that the protests take place in are all in democratic. At least with all the big ones.

Don't hold your breath. Over 46% of the eligible electorate didn't vote.

Oh, come on, Trump is a natural born winner. I reckon he will be more moderate/calm than Hillary would have been. Sometimes men who look crazy look crazy only because they are wiser than other men.

And sometimes they look crazy because they are. 50-50.

Oh. I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't vote. It's just all the protesters voted, and they voted in cities that are always liberal

I'm not so sure that the protesters voted. Look at the Brexit. Who didn't vote? The young people. If more them had voted there wouldn't be a Brexit. And now they are constantly whining.

That's why I prefer the system we have over here. Everyone over 18 and under 65 is required to vote. Yep, we have a mandatory voting system, and that is good. Since everyone has an opinion it's just right that they express it.

Indeed. In the time they took to scrawl some slogan on a banner, they could have strolled into a polling booth and marked an X on a piece of paper or pressed a button for whoever they wanted...

Indeed. In the time they took to scrawl some slogan on a banner, they could have strolled into a polling booth and marked an X on a piece of paper or pressed a button for whoever they wanted...

The way the American presidential elections work (i.e. the winner takes it all in each state) it wouldn't have made any difference at all if more young (liberal) voters had voted in the big cities. She could've won the popular vote by a larger margin, but it just doesn't matter. LA and SF are in California, Chicago is in Illinois, New York City is in New York. Not only could Hillary win in these cities and states, but she won by a comfortable margin. So no, most of the protesters could not have done anything to prevent a Trump presidency. (Well, except moving to the swing states in large numbers in time to register as a voter there.)

Princeton University professor Sam Wang eats bug. Only placing it here because he said he'd eat it if Trump gets more than 240 electoral college votes: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wang-eats-bug-explains-poll-mistakes/vi-AAkdpxO?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Oh. I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't vote. It's just all the protesters voted, and they voted in cities that are always liberal

That's an interesting assumption. How do you know all the protesters voted?

Increasing rumours online that when Trump was shown around the White House it became obvious to Obama's team that Trump hadn't even realised that he has to provide - near enough - a full replacement political team to staff the place. Somewhat in the manner of a shell shocked Boris Johnson looking confused in the face of Brexit victory we may find Trump's assertions that everything is in hand sounding a bit hollow around January 21st.

Apart from anything else the usual deal on the full team of staff for the White House is that the victorious party sources most of them. Since Trump was near enough an independent who invited himself onto the Republican ticket that option might prove tricky.

• Like 1

Increasing rumours online that when Trump was shown around the White House it became obvious to Obama's team that Trump hadn't even realised that he has to provide - near enough - a full replacement political team to staff the place. Somewhat in the manner of a shell shocked Boris Johnson looking confused in the face of Brexit victory we may find Trump's assertions that everything is in hand sounding a bit hollow around January 21st.

Apart from anything else the usual deal on the full team of staff for the White House is that the victorious party sources most of them. Since Trump was near enough an independent who invited himself onto the Republican ticket that option might prove tricky.

Oh don't worry, there's a ready supply of alt-right commentators, political opportunists and Klansmen for him to pick from.

So, with all these retractions is there any chance he might just decide he never meant to get elected and just - like - resign?

• Like 1

Coming up next: "Okay, I admit. I'm only going to make America okay again. Maybe it was already okay. I don't know."

• Like 3

Scenes when he steps down after 18 months and hosts a reality show to decide the next president.

• Like 1

Do you think Trump could possibly have dementia? According to an OPINION article from the NYT, it says that Trump could rapidly change his opinion so rapidly because he might've actually forgotten what he said from the previous day. Not saying it's true by any means, but it's certainly interesting to read. Here's the article that I mentioned earlier: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/opinion/trump-finally-explained.html

• Like 1

Do you think Trump could possibly have dementia? According to an OPINION article from the NYT, it says that Trump could rapidly change his opinion so rapidly because he might've actually forgotten what he said from the previous day. Not saying it's true by any means, but it's certainly interesting to read. Here's the article that I mentioned earlier: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/opinion/trump-finally-explained.html

Well that's certainly an interesting theory!

He is old, at 70, to be starting something as big as becoming POTUS. And, of course, Trump is infamous for his highly politically incorrect comments that have offended various groups of people.

It reminds me of what The Guardian was saying about Richard Dawkins a couple of years ago and some of his Twitter comments. I was reading something in that paper (or some similar publication) that stated that the older a person gets, the more outlandish their views are likely to become and they're less likely to be ashamed of making those views public:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/30/richard-dawkins-what-on-earth-happened-to-you

Similarly, author John Derbyshire (b. 1945) made headlines for racially offensive comments in 2012 when suffering from cancer:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/apr/08/john-derbyshire-fired-article-african-americans

And speaking of right-winger John Derbyshire, has his name ever been mentioned on this site before?

He is just a Sociopath and a Showman. If he was just born to a family of regular means he would have been the greatest Toner or Knock Off Gucci Bag salesman though.