Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

Trump will go... in 2024.

• Like 1

Still don't think Trump is a goner, due to the overall spinelessness of Congress.

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Still don't think Trump is a goner, due to the overall spinelessness of Congress.

I think that will be the biggest issue. I doubt if Trump does last all 4 years that he'll get reelected cause I suspect more liberals will vote and those who are unsure of Hillary and voted Trump will vote against him. Of course, he's still going to have a large amount of supporters, but I don't think it's enough for next election. 

As for impeachment, well, I think it is possible, cause while not all republicans will impeach him, I suspect the more moderate republicans will vote against him, and it'll either be close or a yay for impeachment. But there's still going to be a group who are in support for Trump cause he is making America "great" again.

Of course, that is just my thought.

I am starting to think this might be the beginning of the end of him.

^ What DI says.

Congress would support him to the hilt, so you're relying on Trump quitting. Being President is great for his businesses, so he wont do that.

Impeachment is just wishful thinking.

Being president is great for business, but being the "unjustly targetted by the liberal MSM" owner of his own news network is also good for business.

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Depends. If it turns out the entire Trump administration is guilty, and not just Trump, then we could have someone else not in the administration most likely be president. Only if Trump resigns will it be guaranteed that Pence becomes president.

If President Trump is impeached, the line of succession goes as follows...

1. Vice President Mike Pence

2. House Speaker Paul Ryan

3. Senate Pro-Tempore Orrin Hatch

4-18 are all cabinet members and it won't likely go that far.

1-18 are ALL republicans so it's not like it'll be anybody different, just someone with a healthy temper and ability to be liked.

27 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

If President Trump is impeached, the line of succession goes as follows...

1. Vice President Mike Pence

2. House Speaker Paul Ryan

3. Senate Pro-Tempore Orrin Hatch

4-18 are all cabinet members and it won't likely go that far.

1-18 are ALL republicans so it's not like it'll be anybody different, just someone with a healthy temper and ability to be liked.

I'm talking about if the ENTIRE administration, not just Trump, gets impeached, and that could be possible, though unlikely to say the least. It probably will be a republican replacement though, if the administration does disappear. Just hope whoever becomes president, that they do a much better job than Trump. 

23 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm talking about if the ENTIRE administration, not just Trump, gets impeached, and that could be possible, though unlikely to say the least. It probably will be a republican replacement though, if the administration does disappear. Just hope whoever becomes president, that they do a much better job than Trump. 

If so, Paul Ryan becomes president and is a little bit more strong. He ran with Romney in 2012 and tends to be on the moderate side of things. As an American, I would feel semi-safe if he became president.

• Like 1

I hope trump doesn't get impeached things would get ugly if he gets impeached. Too many may see it as an attack and fight back.

8 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I hope trump doesn't get impeached things would get ugly if he gets impeached. Too many may see it as an attack and fight back.

Even the democrats are cautious for the most part. They're going to wait for more evidence, and once more evidence shows up, then they'll try to impeach him. It's no longer just a dream, it's now a possibility, but calling it too early could be a wrong call. 

Given recent events should we start speculating about when Trump will be forced to resign? I think he might not last the year.

Until there's enough evidence to prove that Trump is guilty, I don't think that he will be removed from office. 

Impeachment is only half the battle. Removal from office requires conviction by the Senate as well, which is why Clinton served his term after impeachment. The Senate was Democratic and they refused to convict. 

Trump will pull a Nixon and resign if it becomes obvious he will be impeached. There is no sure path to impeachment or conviction right now as the Republicans control Congress, and not enough of them are motivated by country over party at this point. 

I am not flaming conservative, but I would take Pence over Trump on a bet. There is something to be said for someone who actually understands how to govern, what the responsibilities of a president are, and how to act with decorum and respect. I disagree with almost everything Mike Pence stands for policy-wise, but at the moment he would be a relief.

I would probably sing a different tune in 2020.

The Senate was held by Republicans during the Clinton impeachment, actually, just that the threshold for conviction (2/3rds of the Senate) was higher than the Republican majority.

I was hoping someone would have taken this citrus spunktube out by now. What the fuck are you Yanks waiting for? 

• Like 1

I can't see how he gets away with this FBI Russia investigation. There's just so much crap being thrown at him.

13 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The Senate was held by Republicans during the Clinton impeachment, actually, just that the threshold for conviction (2/3rds of the Senate) was higher than the Republican majority.

You are correct - I did put that badly. Thank you for clarifying. 

• Like 1

That budget plan should finally reveal that emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Luckily for America it won't make it through congress. Only because they won't have anything to write on other than napkins.

The first potential health update in this thread.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-exhausted-skipped-saudi-arabia-forum-social-media-sends-ivanka-trump-israel-a7748546.html

Trump staffers say he missed an event on his trip to Saudi Arabia due to exhaustion. His daughter, Ivanka Trump stumps for him at the event.