Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

Can see the post above has really ignited this thread!

Trump's presidency is so much shoot from the hip that the real hostages to fortune are often lost in a stream of sound-bites and tweets but...

See that speech in China where he was so reverential to Xi Jinping that Trump actually behaved like the junior partner (and Xi was much more in line with the usual protocols) after which Trump made clear that he (personally) blames to current trade deficit on previous US presidents...I'm guessing future historians may see that as a moment when the political acumen of the two most powerful nations on earth shifted in favour of China and may also consider one of the main causes to be political ineffectiveness on the part of the Trump administration.  

Indeed, I thought to myself a while ago that Obama will be the last US president to be able to claim US supremacy. China returns to the place it occupied during 1500 of the last 2000 years.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Indeed, I thought to myself a while ago that Obama will be the last US president to be able to claim US supremacy. China returns to the place it occupied during 1500 of the last 2000 years.

BBC sourced one of their own experts earlier today who explained Trump's performance in China as being typical of Trump in that he tends to say whatever is likely to get the biggest cheer from the audience he's facing at the time.

Okay, I guess, if you're on reality television but he's president and there were trade deals and national standing in the world at stake on that visit

Aye but MPFC, is it not possible you might have put more thought into it there than Trump?

Slightly off topic but isn't Boris Johnson a Donald Trump tribute act.

3 hours ago, redrumours said:

Slightly off topic but isn't Boris Johnson a Donald Trump tribute act.

Yes; of course, presumably, by 'Donald Trump tribute act', you mean 'cunt'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheQuimReaper said:

Yes; of course, presumably, by 'Donald Trump tribute act', you mean 'cunt'.

Bang on!:D

Dunno. More Phil the Greek tribute after wee  Kimmy called him 'old'.

Response was why he should get four years imo.

*why'd he call me old? I'd never call him short and fat.....

Man is a Legend.

• Like 1

So, Trump's recent antics have prompted the first serious consideration in living memory of whether a president should be trusted with the nuclear codes.

Good move for the planet but spoiling the fun of a few dead poolers

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41977120

17 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Trump's recent antics have prompted the first serious consideration in living memory of whether a president should be trusted with the nuclear codes.

mr-president.jpg?w=764

• Like 2

On 11/14/2017 at 21:31, maryportfuncity said:

If God Emperor Trump were to nuke anyone for fun, he would've done it by now.

28 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

If God Emperor Trump were to nuke anyone for fun, he would've done it by now.

The problem with disagreeing with that is that if we ever prove you wrong we won't be around to enjoy it!

Definitely must have shared some big info to Mueller to get charged relatively lightly.

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking through this, and it might not be as significant as it may seems imo...

On 02/12/2017 at 00:40, Joey Russ said:

I’ve been thinking through this, and it might not be as significant as it may seems imo...

Huh?

Why not - lies to official investigations, clear collusion to cover up things...

The only real issue is whether anyone is actually in league with Russia. Tbh that doesn't matter if you assume Russia's interest in fake social media and shady dealings isn't to get "their" people elected or policies adopted - it's to make sure their influence brings instability by way of Brexit and an unfit US president.

Trump's White House is gonna make a great movie one day.

It's significant in that a plea bargain was only likely if his evidence incriminates someone above him, and there was only 2 people above Flynn in the pecking order: Trump and Pence.

It's insignificant as you cant press federal charges on a sitting President, and a Republican dominated House wont ever impeach Trump, because they are getting exactly what they want with the tax cuts and stuff. And he remains favourite to win re-election in 2020.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msc said:

It's significant in that a plea bargain was only likely if his evidence incriminates someone above him, and there was only 2 people above Flynn in the pecking order: Trump and Pence.

It's insignificant as you cant press federal charges on a sitting President, and a Republican dominated House wont ever impeach Trump, because they are getting exactly what they want with the tax cuts and stuff. And he remains favourite to win re-election in 2020.

It might just be Kushner/Session he's implicating though, and I'd put both of them above Flynn in the pecking order as well. If nothing else, the investigation has the potential to cause a mass resignation of trump nominees, which will be interesting in itself.

Furthermore, if the Repubs think impeaching Trump will allow them a Pence Presidentship, they might go ahead and do that. Depending on how desperate Ryan is to become President (he's next in line post-Pence), he might be willing to go ahead will getting them both out of office. Low chance of the latter happening, IMO, but a chance nonetheless.

13 hours ago, RishCast said:

It might just be Kushner/Session he's implicating though, and I'd put both of them above Flynn in the pecking order as well. If nothing else, the investigation has the potential to cause a mass resignation of trump nominees, which will be interesting in itself.

Furthermore, if the Repubs think impeaching Trump will allow them a Pence Presidentship, they might go ahead and do that. Depending on how desperate Ryan is to become President (he's next in line post-Pence), he might be willing to go ahead will getting them both out of office. Low chance of the latter happening, IMO, but a chance nonetheless.

I doubt Ryan desires the Presidency, he was quite reluctant to enter the speakership.

Although a point can be made that a speaker bid would have damaged any chance of a 2016 and 2020 Presidential bid due to the large stigma around congress right now.

14 hours ago, RishCast said:

It could be, but I doubt it, purely because Kushner and Sessions seem good at implicating themselves without anyone else's help. Plea bid has to be info few others can give.

Also, not sure they would. Pence is a Republican, but Trump comes with fanatical support, and is practically a licence to the White House for the next 7 years. Why take the risk?

This is on the belief no major smoking gun which kills their faith in him happens. At this point, I can't imagine what it'd be.