Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

1 hour ago, CarolAnn said:

While I agree with your position on healthcare vis a vis Congress, etc., how exactly is this treason?

Stripping away healthcare from 24 million Americans to benefit corporations that for the most part don't work in the U.S.

5 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Stripping away healthcare from 24 million Americans to benefit corporations that for the most part don't work in the U.S.

Let’s be honest though, after they evolved into the general beliefs system they have today (around the time of the presidency of Kennedy/Johnson), have they ever chose the Americans over the corporations? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Let’s be honest though, after they evolved into the general beliefs system they have today (around the time of the presidency of Kennedy/Johnson), have they ever chose the Americans over the corporations? 

Arguably the vote that elected Carter in 1976 was on that basis and Obama was clear about his intentions on some of the public service legislation - but mainly they go away from welfare. 

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Which they? Democrats or Republicans, because the answer is no for both, with a few exceptions under Obama. I wouldn't say Democrats developed their general belief system around the 60's though if you were referring to them. I say their current beliefs became apparent after 2000 and after 9/11, and the GOP's current beliefs stem from a mix of Goldwater, Nixon, and Reagan.

The reason why Democrats only recently began to conform to one set of beliefs is because even after the Civil Right Act of '64, which prompted conservatives to realign themselves with the GOP, local Representatives and Governors remained Democratic yet conservative at the same time because changing parties looked like a "flip flop." Over time though, as younger voters of the anti-war movement strongly moved to the Democratic collum, liberals slowly but surely took a majority of the party and a substantial portion of conservative Dixiecrats began to retire or die. Bill Clinton's election in '92 paused the rapid liberalization of the Democratic Party, but it resumed after Clinton left office and the anti-war movement commenced and energized the remaining anti-war Democrats during Vietnam and the 21st century anti-war Democrats. I would say America didn't get their first liberal President until Obama, who legitimized the liberal and minority wings of the party, officially abandoning Dixiecrats.

Now today, Obama is gone and after 8 years of the collapse of the Democratic party in both chambers of Congress, Governor's Mansions, State Legislatures, and in the White House, few Dixiecrats remain. Of course there are exceptions like Joe Manchin, Collin Peterson, John Bel Edwards (my governor), Joe Donnelly, and the House Blue Dog Caucus. Nevertheless, the Blue Dog Caucus has shrunk significantly from 54 members after Obama's election to 18 members today. 

And to be fair, Obama would have done more to act in favor of people over corporations, but he had no room to move with a Republican congress lead by Boehner, McConnell, and Ryan at his throat for 3/4 of his term. Obamacare was only narrowly passed in the 2 years he had a Democratic majority in both chambers.

On 12/06/2018 at 02:06, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

While reprehensible, hardly treason. It will remove a temporary solution and return the country to the status quo. I admit I'm surprised the administration has decided not to defend the pre-existing condition section of the ACA as that is universally popular, but all that indicates to me is that either Trump has no idea how vulnerable he really is politically or he doesn't care and intends to play the game he's playing until he is inevitably run out on a rail. 

Either way, reprehensible, but when enough Americans are willing to be sucked into the cult of personality this is what we get. 

The world cup will be interesting in 2026.I'm shocked this is mexico's third world cup as hosts/co-hosts.A completely different country now though since 2006.  I do wonder how they can host games in mexico now when there is and violent drug war going on. Maybe the games will be played with human heads.They again thousands have died building the Qatar world cup the moral compass has at this point been thrown out the window.How footballers,countries and sponsors aren't lining up to boycott this competition I don't know, more people will die building the 2022 world cup than died in 9/11 but there is nothing. 2046 world cup in north korea should be exciting, concentration camps shut down and turned into football camps for a month.

• Like 1

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah are leaving the White House. 

Never been one to bash Sanders too much even though her father and the President she stold by for almost a year are horrible people. She's very smart and good at her job: which is basically lying to the American people on a daily basis. She would make one hell of an Attorney or politician herself.

2 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah are leaving the White House. 

Never been one to bash Sanders too much even though her father and the President she stold by for almost a year are horrible people. She's very smart and good at her job: which is basically lying to the American people on a daily basis. She would make one hell of an Attorney or politician herself.

Well not so fast. Maybe she lied about HER OWN departure from the White House, or the administration was trying to catch a leaker.

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Well not so fast. Maybe she lied about HER OWN departure from the White House, or the administration was trying to catch a leaker.

She loves her job. Just the fact that she can put that in writing - even on Twitter - tells you all you need to know about her.

33 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

She loves her job. Just the fact that she can put that in writing - even on Twitter - tells you all you need to know about her.

Must be nice her job, still having the time to go to a kindergarden party past 8pm on a Wednesday on June 13th. Or maybe that's a code expression for a briefing with the President. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This bastard is 72 today. On a brighter note, he’s getting a nice birthday present from New York.

This bastard will receive a well deserved Nobel prize for Peace. And he is the best president of US since Reagan.

2 hours ago, drol said:

This bastard will receive a well deserved Nobel prize for Peace. And he is the best president of US since Reagan.

This is far from the first time that North Korea “supported” denuclearization: 

1985: North Korea signs Nuclear NonProliferation Treaty
1992: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
1994: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
1999: North Korea signs historic agreement to end missile tests

2000: North Korea signs historic agreement to reunify Korea! Nobel Peace Prize is awarded
2005: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2005: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program and "denuclearize"!
2006: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2006: North Korea again support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2007: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
2007: N & S Korea sign agreement on reunification
2010: North Korea commits to ending Korean War
2010: North Korea announces commitment to "denuclearize"
2010: North Korea again announces commitment to "denuclearize"
2011: North Korea announces plan to halt nuclear and missile tests
2012: North Korea announces halt to nuclear program
2015: North Korea offers to halt nuclear tests
2016: North Korea again announces support for "denuclearization"

So going by trends, I guess that nothing will change, again...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This is far from the first time that North Korea “supported” denuclearization: 

1985: North Korea signs Nuclear NonProliferation Treaty
1992: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
1994: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
1999: North Korea signs historic agreement to end missile tests

2000: North Korea signs historic agreement to reunify Korea! Nobel Peace Prize is awarded
2005: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2005: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program and "denuclearize"!
2006: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2006: North Korea again support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
2007: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program!
2007: N & S Korea sign agreement on reunification
2010: North Korea commits to ending Korean War
2010: North Korea announces commitment to "denuclearize"
2010: North Korea again announces commitment to "denuclearize"
2011: North Korea announces plan to halt nuclear and missile tests
2012: North Korea announces halt to nuclear program
2015: North Korea offers to halt nuclear tests
2016: North Korea again announces support for "denuclearization"

So going by trends, I guess that nothing will change, again...

We'll see...

Anyhow, my tip for 2018 Nobel Peace Prize is Kim jong-un (possibly shared with the South Korean guy).

3 hours ago, drol said:

Pfttt. He won't even be nominated. That whole "summit" was a publicity stunt. I wouldn't be tol condifent that anything comes out of it that we haven't seen before other than a photo-op.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Pfttt. He won't even be nominated. That whole "summit" was a publicity stunt. I wouldn't be tol condifent that anything comes out of it that we haven't seen before other than a photo-op.

Pftttt. Obama Nobel prize bombing Lybia and Syria, we came, we saw, he died. Motherfuckers. Clinton shaking hands with Kim Jong-un? No, I don't see that happening. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

What you do is put to one side the fact that he is a complete bollock brain and has actually managed to delay WW3 until he puts his foot in it again.

This is the problem, people do not like him so, even if he manages to set up a meeting with lil Kim, shakes his hand, butters him up by telling him how great he is, delaying nuclear war, pissing off the Chinese and saving the US military budget billions of dollars a year by NOT holding joint military exercises with South Korea then you have to give praise where it is due, no matter how much of a cunt Trump actually is.

Fucking hell, a matter of weeks ago people were ripping another hole in Trumps arse for moving the little hand forwards to Nuclear holocaust time by prodding the North Korean wasps nest with a big fuck off stick. Just for once, only once, cut him some slack and wait and see.

A circus is a circus and it came to Singapore, he was the Ring Master, they entertained and they gave HOPE and, in a matter of hours, made Obama look the utterly fucking useless world statesman he actually was.

• Like 1

"delaying nuclear war" :D

Threads was fictional, don't worry.

Anyhow, Carter didn't get the Prize (at the time!) Begin and Sadat did. Clinton didn't, Arafat and Rabin did. Tony Blair didn't (thank god), Hume and Trimble did. So I'd guess Trump wont, and it'll go to Kim and Moon. Hmm, 2 of those 3 cases, 1 guy got shot dead soon after - tip for the Deathlist Cmme...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

"delaying nuclear war" :D

Threads was fictional, don't worry.

Anyhow, Carter didn't get the Prize (at the time!) Begin and Sadat did. Clinton didn't, Arafat and Rabin did. Tony Blair didn't (thank god), Hume and Trimble did. So I'd guess Trump wont, and it'll go to Kim and Moon. Hmm, 2 of those 3 cases, 1 guy got shot dead soon after - tip for the Deathlist Cmme...

I have NEVER worried about nuclear war.:lol:

• Like 2

On 13/06/2018 at 12:21, CarolAnn said:

While reprehensible, hardly treason. It will remove a temporary solution and return the country to the status quo. I admit I'm surprised the administration has decided not to defend the pre-existing condition section of the ACA as that is universally popular, but all that indicates to me is that either Trump has no idea how vulnerable he really is politically or he doesn't care and intends to play the game he's playing until he is inevitably run out on a rail. 

Either way, reprehensible, but when enough Americans are willing to be sucked into the cult of personality this is what we get. 

I have not a real fucking clue what all of that means but, by God, you know how to string a sentence or five together. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drol said:

Pftttt. Obama Nobel prize bombing Lybia and Syria, we came, we saw, he died. Motherfuckers. Clinton shaking hands with Kim Jong-un? No, I don't see that happening. 

Obama didn't deserve his peace prize either. The role of a President for the most part in meetings like the Singapore summit are far exaggerated by the respective administrations ; It's the work of their advisors and diplomats. 

Carter is the only recent President that deserved a nobel prize for his work in Africa and so forth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What you do is put to one side the fact that he is a complete bollock brain and has actually managed to delay WW3 until he puts his foot in it again.

This is the problem, people do not like him so, even if he manages to set up a meeting with lil Kim, shakes his hand, butters him up by telling him how great he is, delaying nuclear war, pissing off the Chinese and saving the US military budget billions of dollars a year by NOT holding joint military exercises with South Korea then you have to give praise where it is due, no matter how much of a cunt Trump actually is.

Fucking hell, a matter of weeks ago people were ripping another hole in Trumps arse for moving the little hand forwards to Nuclear holocaust time by prodding the North Korean wasps nest with a big fuck off stick. Just for once, only once, cut him some slack and wait and see.

A circus is a circus and it came to Singapore, he was the Ring Master, they entertained and they gave HOPE and, in a matter of hours, made Obama look the utterly fucking useless world statesman he actually was.

World War III would never have and never will come from North Korea, they have no solid allies, and they know that. Keep in mind that the summit only benefits Kim because North Korea has nothing to lose, if Trump gives Kim anything for denuclearization, Kim automatically wins. 

As for where World War III will start, I suppose Russia and Iran vs Saudi Arabia and The U.S..

31 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Obama didn't deserve his peace prize either. The role of a President for the most part in meetings like the Singapore summit are far exaggerated by the respective administrations ; It's the work of their advisors and diplomats. 

Carter is the only recent President that deserved a nobel prize for his work in Africa and so forth.

Carter deserved to be jailed for life for his foreign policies. Allowing Muslim Revolution in Iran, financing mujaheddins in Afghanistan, abandoning Taiwan to negotiate with fucking communist China. Well done, Jimmy.

17 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The history of North Korea entering into nuclear disarmament agreements and subsequently violating them goes back to the 1980s. Father, son, and grandson all operate in the same manner. When they need to they appease the west. Later, they use the papers in the toilet. Neither this agreement nor the Panmunjon agreement define denuclearization nor set out a timeline for this to happen. To the west, in this context, it means North Korea unilaterally rids itself of nuclear weaponry and allows the IAEA to inspect to ensure this happens. North Korea has, in the past, demanded bilateral disarmament as a condition, and these two vaguely worded "agreements" don't seem to lend themselves to any other interpretation.

What it comes down to is this: What is in it for North Korea? Is the United States likely to "rain fire and fury" down on North Korea? No. What gives Kim what little validity on the world stage? His nuclear arsenal - the only reason is is taken seriously is that he is capable of destroying Seoul. Otherwise he would be just another isolated dictator with no relevance. What's more important to him - world peace or his own position vis-a-vis the United States, Russia, and China? Trump is desperate for a win, Kim gave him one, and it remains to be seen how far Kim is willing to allow this to play out. He has all the cards and all the control. 

That is the biggest mistake the US made here - in the quest to make Trump look good at home, his people handed the keys to Kim. Ironically, the 75% of Americans who either strenuously hate to mildly dislike Trump are already giving this deal the hairy eyeball. Time Magazine has fired a direct shot across the bow of Trump's presidency. Only Fox News is giving this any good press and even they slipped up and said "...meeting of the two dictators..." 

As an aside - Trump keeps tweeting that the parents of the Korean War dead are pleading with him to bring back their son's remains. Even if you look at a boy of 18 going to Korea in 1953, the last year of the war, and his parents were 18 when he was born,  those parents would be 101. It's seemingly inconsequential lies like this that he consistently gets caught in that causes many people to question everything he does.