Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

10 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

There is this little silly internet rumor that Trump has fled the country due to the coronavirus.

Where's he fled to?  Antarctica?

• Haha 2

Increasing coverage in the UK media from people who feel his handling of the Coronavirus crisis so far will do for his re-election chances. Heard a US commentator this morning interviewed on Radio Four casually say "oh yeah" to a question about whether Trump will lose. 

How does it look to those posters who actually live in the US?

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Increasing coverage in the UK media from people who feel his handling of the Coronavirus crisis so far will do for his re-election chances. Heard a US commentator this morning interviewed on Radio Four casually say "oh yeah" to a question about whether Trump will lose. 

How does it look to those posters who actually live in the US?

When the sobering reality of the situation  finally hit's Trump's cult worshippers many of who still think this is an exaggeration I can't see how he survives.   Despite Joe Biden not being a particularly strong opposition candidate, I think he wins for how badly Trump has handled so much of this Pandemic.

2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

When the sobering reality of the situation  finally hit's Trump's cult worshippers many of who still think this is an exaggeration I can't see how he survives.   Despite Joe Biden not being a particularly strong opposition candidate, I think he wins for how badly Trump has handled so much of this Pandemic.

Well, you've got two oldsters shaping up to be candidates. 

I was having a pint when I saw BBC News announce Pete Buggigieg had pulled out. All of which sparked a conversation with my mate about the odds against 38 year old Buttigieg being the next president and how much we'd stand to win wagering a quid at that moment (and allowing Coronavirus and Trump's stupidity to do the rest of the work)

It's going to be an exciting campaign this year, with two septuagenarians battling each other for who meets the most people :pop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Seppuku said:

It's going to be an exciting campaign this year, with two septuagenarians battling each other for who meets the most people :pop:

The debates could be interesting and Trump might look a pale shadow of himself if he can't do the speeches surrounded by adoring crowds. 

11 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

The debates could be interesting and Trump might look a pale shadow of himself if he can't do the speeches surrounded by adoring crowds. 

I'm not even convinced that Trump will agree to actually do the debates, especially if he thinks he will win or is ahead in the polls.  The question was asked a few posts ago as to who seems to have the upper hand, and right now, according to the betting odds I've seen, it's a dead-heat.  Both Trump and Biden are listed at -105 right now.  It's crazy, on the eve of the South Carolina primary (when Biden appeared to look cooked and when Bernie Sanders was the clear frontrunner for the Democratic nomination), Trump's odds to win re-election swelled to -220, the best they had ever been.  Within a week, after Biden's momentum from winning in South Carolina and then dominating on Super Tuesday, Trump's odds came back down to -150, still a solid favorite but not nearly as much.  And now, a couple of weeks later, we're at an even battle.  Of course, this coronavirus crisis and the resulting economic downturn are unexpected things.  It did look like the U.S. had a good chance to suffer a recession, but now we might be talking about something much more drastic.  But if it turns out that very few people die and if we (America) gets through this relatively well, Trump could get a boost.  Of course, if the opposite happens and if a decent portion of our elderly population dies, it could be an absolute Biden landslide.  

I thought Trump was going to win easily a couple of weeks ago, but there are some signs that Biden has a solid chance.  After the moderate wing of the Democratic Party clearly coalesced around him, voter turnout in the primaries was way up compared to 2016, and it wasn't Sanders turning out voters, it was Biden.  He's doing significantly better than Hillary Clinton did four years ago in key voting blocs.  But, again, this pandemic has the potential to throw a wrench into everything.   

3 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I thought Trump was going to win easily a couple of weeks ago, but there are some signs that Biden has a solid chance.  After the moderate wing of the Democratic Party clearly coalesced around him, voter turnout in the primaries was way up compared to 2016, and it wasn't Sanders turning out voters, it was Biden.  He's doing significantly better than Hillary Clinton did four years ago in key voting blocs.  But, again, this pandemic has the potential to throw a wrench into everything.   

Yea Trump had to hope for a continued stability with the economy to make him a substantial favorite. Plus it shows now that Hillary was pretty uniquely detested in a way Biden isn't (Biden surely would have won easy in 2016); the fact Trump is a lot more normalized and has the GOP in lockstep behind him when they weren't in 2016 still makes it tossup, on top of general polarization and Biden's own weaknesses, but now that Trump doesn't have everything going his way it makes things a lot more interesting.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Trump is only a fan of one horrible thing. Himself.

If Trump's next speech got interrupted by a bad giant prawn SFX I would totally reappraise The Invisible Enemy...

• Haha 2

The measure of the US President: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52161032

Trump goes cap in hand to Putin for supplies, while days later trying to stop necessary equipment going to Canada and Latin America.

As Mr Rogers might have said, there's a massive turd in the neighborhood…..

• Like 1

I wonder if one of the lesser-known symptoms of Corona is being an illiterate fucking turnip?

Honestly I can't keep up with him anymore. Somebody take away access to his Twitter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

OOGA BOOGA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just stumbled across this thread:

TWAT AT THE END OF THE KEYBOARD!

• Haha 4

4CA79D6B-C0ED-4D47-AA53-F1B4F23E807E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

All the Governors should just say OK Mr President, we will open up our states again and allow the people to move about, get back to work and do what they want, that should give you the satisfaction that you want.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

All the Governors should just say OK Mr President, we will open up our states again and allow the people to move about, get back to work and do what they want, that should give you the satisfaction that you want.

Why? 

Just when you think his insane ramblings couldn't get anymore bizarre. Seems to go down well with a significant number of the population though which says a lot about our species.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Why? 

he is so desperate to get things moving again to help all his buddies that he doesn't give a fuck how many die from the virus and for him to come out and name states held by the democrats shows his contempt for everyone.

trump.jpg

• Like 1

Turns out that drug Trump keeps propping up (and your not gonna believe given his clearly flawless record of getting nearly every single thing wrong) is not the cure for the virus, and in fact looks like it causes more deaths: 

• Shocked 1