Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

No matter how racist Biden is or isn't,Trump has been spending all his energy the last few weeks engaging in culture war battles about statues,BLM protestors,SJW's,Ilhan Omar,the media etc.    He possibly could win(though seems unlikely how badly he is handiling the Pandemic) if he run's against Biden and increases the dudes negative rating.However running against a bunch of strawmen(women)  who aren't Joe Biden  isn't gonna hurt his opponent come November.

• Like 2

Here’s the problem. In a normal election year, I think Trump would win easily, and in fact I was one of the ones who really didn’t want Biden to be the democratic nominee. I thought there was a good chance he’d bungle it (he still might bungle in the debates mind, but that’s besides the point). The strategy that Biden is doing is actually brilliant, ie hide most of the time and only come out when they need him. This way, people get the best impression of him while he’s not in the public eye. Look, I think most of us think Biden is pretty bad, but that doesn’t change the fact his strategy during a pandemic is a good one. One other thing about Biden, he’s not as hated as Hillary was. With a better approval rating than her, I think more people would vote for him. 
Here’s another issue though, Trump’s time in office was a disaster. The thing that made him win in 2016 was the fact that he was economically populist, but when you look at his record he was perhaps the most corporate, establishment politician of all time, just with a more unfiltered way than the typical politician (I actually think that would’ve been one of the things that helps him in 2016 because he doesn’t seem fake). He also, as you probably know, bungled the COVID-19 response. When 125 thousands lives are lost from something that honestly could’ve been more preventable, the people would turn on you. Let’s say for arguments sake though that the American people overlooked Trump’s very corporate record and his awful COVID response. The thing he’s more focused on this time during campaigning is the culture war. In his Mount Rushmore speech, he gave one of the most American Exceptionalist speeches of all time. Basically, he’s saying that America is already great. That is a direct repudiation of his 2016 slogan, ie Make America Great Again.  Even with the bad record, the change in his campaigning is definitely hurting his case in November. And honestly, I don’t know if the populism would’ve worked this time around anyways. The American people I think just want someone who can soothe them during a time of crisis. 
Look, Biden is a massive favorite at this point whether you like it or not. And this is coming from someone who’s considering voting for a Third Party candidate. Things can certainly change, yes, but if Trump continues to bungle the COVID response and campaign on how America is already great, it’s just gonna be a recipe for disaster. 
One thing I do agree on though, anyone who looks at George W Bush fondly because of Trump needs to look themselves in the mirror. They’re both awful. Don’t normalize a war criminal, okay?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Jesus you completely looked over everything I've discussed. He is clearly a racist and he is clearly a dope that likes groping young children and women - but I guess thats your idea of 'manna from heaven'... And yes I'm sure you'd love GWB back, tell that to the families of the soldiers who died in Iraq.

Just look into Joe Biden from any non-left wing source and you'll see what I am talking about...

My apologies, I assumed you were interested in serious political discussion, not half-baked claptrap. At least I know for next time. :hatsoff:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

One thing I do agree on though, anyone who looks at George W Bush fondly because of Trump needs to look themselves in the mirror. They’re both awful. Don’t normalize a war criminal, okay?

There was more than a little tongue in my cheek about that remark to be fair. And policy-wise, I agree they're both awful. But at least GWB gave a passing impression of a politician prepared to at least go through the motions of appearing interested in policy, Trump just treats the whole job as an unnecessary complication to him being able to do whatever he wants.

Frankly, whether Biden wins or loses in November, I don't see the US healing any time soon. And if you think Trump goes away if he loses then that's a pipe dream. He'll either set up his own TV network (as was supposedly the plan once he lost in 2016) or I could see him buying Fox News (I'm sure Murdoch could be tempted, he's not getting any younger) and then we get non-stop bullshit about how Joe Biden really died and has been replaced by a Chinese agent or how Hillary Clinton was responsible for coronavirus, all while Ivanka prepares her ground game for 2028...

This is trending on Twitter. A clip of a very small portion of this nauseating old perv’s creepiness.

52 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This is trending on Twitter. A clip of a very small portion of this nauseating old perv’s creepiness.

To be fair, look up “Creepy Joe” on YouTube. The ones of Biden are just as bad.

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

To be fair, look up “Creepy Joe” on YouTube. The ones of Biden are just as bad.

Oh yes, they’re both weirdo bastards. But the fact that this all over social media means the Trump camp can’t exactly use the “creepy Joe” line. 

10 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

My apologies, I assumed you were interested in serious political discussion, not half-baked claptrap. At least I know for next time. :hatsoff:

So dumb filterless rambling counts as serious political discussion? Imagine being so mentally fucked that you think that having a orange man in office who says stupid shit is worse than going to war with Iraq over lies by GWB and his administration... Maybe let your balls drop first and then have a political discussion?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Exactly! 

29 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

So dumb filterless rambling counts as serious political discussion? Imagine being so mentally fucked that you think that having a orange man in office who says stupid shit is worse than going to war with Iraq over lies by GWB and his administration... Maybe let your balls drop first and then have a political discussion?

Are we sure this isn't Zorders?  :scratchhead:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Are we sure this isn't Zorders?  :scratchhead:

Well, the failing to be Zen part matches. Even the if the trying qualification appears something of a fallacy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, En Passant said:

Well, the failing to be Zen part matches. Even the if the trying qualification appears something of a fallacy.

Yeah.  He's .... just trying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Yeah.  He's .... just trying.

Stop booing me.jpg

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

And war criminal Barack Obama, who brought chaos to Libya and Syria. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drol said:

anyone who looks at George W Bush fondly because of Trump needs to look themselves in the mirror. They’re both awful.

can you name the last President that there was nothing wrong with?

they all have something awful that happened during their time in office that makes them almost as bad as Trump.

18 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

can you name the last President that there was nothing wrong with?

they all have something awful that happened during their time in office that makes them almost as bad as Trump.

Those are not my words.

sorry, I had not realised that they had your name on instead of joey russ

"And one of the Doctor's came up to me with tears in his eyes and said "Sir you have a big beautiful brain better than anyone we've ever seen"  Seriously" 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 10/07/2020 at 10:51, DCI Frank Burnside said:
“And one of the Doctor's came up to me with tears in his eyes and said "Sir you have a big beautiful brain better than anyone we've ever seen"  Seriously" 

30D1CBEE-532E-4DE6-84B2-D0142F1517F2.jpeg.c29f6c9b3e68796ed9a7dd6c1b82d2a0.jpeg

On 10/07/2020 at 10:51, DCI Frank Burnside said:

surprised that he had a brain?:unsure:

Trump has stopped doing rallies again and replaced them with 'tele rallies' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8536883/Donald-Trump-holds-tele-rally-Wisconsin-supporters-COVID-problem.htmll Is he finally realising the catastrophe unfolding in the country?Or is he just not able to fill the venues? :unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Trump has stopped doing rallies again and replaced them with 'tele rallies' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8536883/Donald-Trump-holds-tele-rally-Wisconsin-supporters-COVID-problem.htmll Is he finally realising the catastrophe unfolding in the country?Or is he just not able to fill the venues? :unsure:

According to Twitter, basically a whole bunch of people from TikToc or whatever reserved a load of seats so nobody could get them - then they didnt show up, causing Trump's rally numbers to fall significantly.

Good news for people who like to watch a freak show.Donald Trump is resuming his daily coronavirus news conferences tomorrow- last seen in April when he stunned the world by claiming injecting bleach could cure the virus.Get your pop corn ready ! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8541777/Im-bringing-coronavirus-briefings-Trump-boasts-record-numbers-people-watched.html

Dr Anthony Fauci has just reacted to the news... 

30985500-8541777-image-a-20_1595266967368.jpg

• Facepalm 1