Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

Hope he pulls through. The democrats need to learn that they need to reform and trump is the only one who can do that. Last hurrah of the baby boomers

12 minutes ago, odeon said:

Hope he pulls through. The democrats need to learn that they need to reform and trump is the only one who can do that. Last hurrah of the baby boomers

All hail, Bladan the Obscure, glad you are reincarnated!

2 minutes ago, drol said:

All hail, Bladan the Obscure, glad you are reincarnated!

?

Just now, odeon said:

?

Just ran out of Bacardi?

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Just ran out of Bacardi?

im drinking 10% beer actually! highly recommended

He was funnier on single malt.

Hold on a mo.

If I read the post correctly, the summary of it was that the Democrats would need to rethink their direction and strategy to be a viable alternative to Trumptard.

That is not too outrageous a viewpoint, I mean, this is what is happening here.

We had two massively shit choices and the chosen one was considered the least shit and less likely to grenade the economy.

If Labour reforms and moderates, or summat, they will become a viable and welcome alternative to the fucking turd we have running the country now.

13 hours ago, Toast said:

Is he dead yet?

My exact same thought

20 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Hold on a mo.

If I read the post correctly, the summary of it was that the Democrats would need to rethink their direction and strategy to be a viable alternative to Trumptard.

That is not too outrageous a viewpoint, I mean, this is what is happening here.

We had two massively shit choices and the chosen one was considered the least shit and less likely to grenade the economy.

If Labour reforms and moderates, or summat, they will become a viable and welcome alternative to the fucking turd we have running the country now.

tbf if Biden wins you could say they did learn this lesson from 2016. The actual campaign has been focused on popularism* (job protection in swing states, minimum wage increases, dollar in your pocket stuff) with just enough of Sanders ideas to look progressive but not a communist nutter**. Clinton came across as aloof and cold and took things for granted, so they've nominated a guy who, for all his failings elsewhere, is pretty good at the whole people person and empathy stuff, and campaigning where the fucking votes are.

As for here, not making a prediction years out from the next election, but it seems the Labour voters all decided to vote for the most competent of the folk running to replace Corbyn. If the polling is accurate (and tbh its usually more accurate than us idiots claim) then so far folk are willing to give Starmer the benefit of the doubt, and much prefer him already to the last guy (not hard I admit!) but they don't fully trust Labour again yet on the economy/security etc etc. Years ahead of us yet. David Cameron looked like a gormless idiot for ages before the financial crash and people started looking at him as the next PM.

Not me of course, I still think he was a gormless idiot, but you know what I mean. :D

*This was Trumps whole thing in 2016 so I'm a bit surprised he's left it open for the opposition tbh.

** Portrayal, not necessarily personal opinion, before Joey complains. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just in- CRITICAL days lie ahead and Trump will remain in hospital for 'many days ' to come according to latest medical briefing.Looking a lot less rosy than yesterday ! ...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54382914

That is not “just in”, rather it’s the same status as last night.

You fucking ball bag.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just in- CRITICAL days lie ahead and Trump will remain in hospital for 'many days ' to come according to latest medical briefing.Looking a lot less rosy than yesterday ! ...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54382914

You're one step away from being put on mod preview.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

You're one step away from being put on mod preview.  

Careful with that now, there’s already enough legal trouble to worry about :D

• Haha 5

I will say nothing more on the subject of Donald Trump.From now on I will restrict my posts to  reporting or commenting on deaths . We all spend too much time talking about him anyway. I promise to be a lot more boring from now on !

• Thanks 1

Sanjay Gupta on CNN has said that they're really throwing the kitchen sink at him - he got a third kind of treatment after a fall of oxygen levels in his blood.

Now, Sanjay Gupta is also a bit of an attention whore - however, I find it to be medical malpractice to let Trump leave the hospital on day 5 or 6. There have been many cases of downturns after a week or so, usually when the immune system is "up and running" against the virus.

I assume, Trump wants to leave the hospital really badly (he's a hypocondriac and really doesn't like hospitals). And the hospital might even think "Well then, it's not going to be our fault!".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:
Edit: He just left the hospital.

Only for a look at his supporters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Yeah but...

He just happens to live in a place with its own state of the art medical facility, and whilst he's been in hospital there has been time to prepare the White House ward for a Covid patient. Clearly, he'd look more like the person he tells the world he is if he were discharged. Bidon doubled his poll lead in the wake of the old codgers' childish spat debate; so there's work to do shoring up the image of invincibility that plays well with his fanbase (sorry, political supporters) 

I still think he's going to make a full recovery, but given the situation that we're in with him a)not liking hospitals, b)supposedly not wanting to stay in confinement at the White House (which he said in one of his rambling videos and would go against his image if he did) and c)watching his poll deficit grow by the day, I can see him rushing back onto the campaign trail as soon as possible, which surely wouldn't be advisable for an elderly patient who suffered a pretty bad reaction to Covid? Could be consequences further down the line if he's not careful.

16 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Well at least he now has the right approach to the virus, maybe him getting COVID played as an important lesson to him (although on second thought, probably not)