Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

5 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Do not worry. We're still here in 9 days. No nukes will be launched.

Denmark is safe anyway. Trump's never heard of the country and thinks 'the little mermaid' is a Disney film not an aiming point for ground zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Denmark is safe anyway. Trump's never heard of the country and thinks 'the little mermaid' is a Disney film not an aiming point for ground zero.

Eh, he cancelled a trip to Denmark in 2019 because our PM didn't want to sell him Greenland. Figured we're pretty high on his "nuke the fuck out of them"-list.

But yes, to many, Denmark is a city in Sweden or the "magic place" from Disney films (Mermaid, like you said, and Frozen).

7 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Eh, he cancelled a trip to Denmark in 2019 because our PM didn't want to sell him Greenland. Figured we're pretty high on his "nuke the fuck out of them"-list.

But yes, to many, Denmark is a city in Sweden or the "magic place" from Disney films (Mermaid, like you said, and Frozen).

I don't think even Donald Trump would nuke a NATO ally.The danger is he might start something with Iran or North Korea which could escalate into a nuclear conflict, but probably his military leaders will refuse to do it anyway.It is almost certainly overblown I admit. We can probably rest easy knowing he won't start world war 3 before he leaves !

Been to Denmark twice. Once near Billund when very young - Legoland plus lots of old Jutland area castles/converted windmills. Second time to Copenhagen, youth hostel, introduced to Yorkie chocolate bars being my main memory. Lovely country.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I don't think even Donald Trump would nuke a NATO ally.The danger is he might start something with Iran or North Korea which could escalate into a nuclear conflict, but probably his military leaders will refuse to do it anyway.It is almost certainly overblown I admit. We can probably rest easy knowing he won't start world war 3 before he leaves !

He would've started both those wars ages ago if that was possible. I'd say the most likely WW3 trigger would be a conflict with China. That he somehow clashes with a Chinese navy ship or u-boat. But again, very unlikely. 

In my book, the only chance of an Iran war is if Israel starts bombing targets or vice versa. And NK is down in the dirt due to economy, Covid-19 and the sanctions lead by U.S. A war would be pointless.

But like you said, his top generals would not go through with a Nuke launch and they're not appointed by him, so they'd disobey any insane orders.

Rest easy.

52 minutes ago, msc said:

Been to Denmark twice. Once near Billund when very young - Legoland plus lots of old Jutland area castles/converted windmills. Second time to Copenhagen, youth hostel, introduced to Yorkie chocolate bars being my main memory. Lovely country.

The two main places to go. It is lovely here indeed. I'm super happy that I live in what's considered, Denmark Outdoor Capital, with easy access to forests, rivers etc. which is probably why I walk for at least 2 hours a day.

However, it's funny that people always go to Legoland. For kids, it's great, but Djurs Sommerland is much better and have a bunch of great rides. 

1 hour ago, msc said:

Didn't do Legoland but did visit the Roskilde ship museum which was enjoyable and left me wondering at the tenacity of Danes attacking Scotland in something so flimsy. Nothing there is worth that IMO.

And ate in the restaurant in the railway station as it was thoroughly recommended, as well it should be because it was brilliant food and (for a Nordic country) cheap. This came as quite a shock to someone from the UK who'd only eat at a railway station if it was the only place left standing after that aforementioned nuclear strike.

Oh, and the little mermaid? Well, it's not the Grand Canyon is it? Bit of a letdown really. (don't know what I was expecting mind, The Great Pyramid of Giza? The clue's in the name ffs)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

He needs to get a life !  :huh:

And so the fuck do you. 

• Like 2

I give McConnell and any other Republican who supports impeachment no credit as it’s very clearly a “abandon him when they don’t need him anymore” moment

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I give McConnell and any other Republican who supports impeachment no credit as it’s very clearly a “abandon him when they don’t need him anymore” moment

its basically disavowing him for the sake of restoring the party for moderates as well as to clean up the mess ahead of 2024 before they lose their base, voters and reputation

31 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

He's looking after no 1 .Donald Trump would admire that ! 

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I fail to see why it would alter any opinion considering the fact they have changed the rules as well as their allegiances to suit their own agenda for much of the past 5 1/2 years.

The McConnells and Grahams of the Republican Party have u turned on fundamentals to the extent they have now come full turn.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Windsor said:

I fail to see why it would alter any opinion considering the fact they have changed the rules as well as their allegiances to suit their own agenda for much of the past 5 1/2 years.

The McConnells and Grahams of the Republican Party have u turned on fundamentals to the extent they have now come full turn.

Agreed that they're all opportunists who just tack to the prevailing wind but the reason it's important is that if McConnell says he should be impeached it provides political cover to other moderate Republicans who might be feeling that way. More importantly, McConnell still controls the business in the Senate until Inauguration Day next Wednesday, so if the House passes the Article of Impeachment, a Senate trial could potentially be expedited and held before Trump leaves office if McConnell decided to. Not that it really matters, the main aim of this impeachment, aside from sending a message that you can't incite a mob to invade the Capitol (which apparently needs spelling out), is the possibility of disqualifying Trump from ever running for office again.

• Like 3

Who would have thought that Washington DC would look like this in the final days of the Trump presidency... (apart from everyone who didnt vote for him that is).:mellow:imrs.jpg.86bb6ce36f2b44d2ddc9b12bd27b3fa6.jpg 809860279_download(18).jpg.1d57f3ef25526be9a04a96974c3e8416.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Who would have thought that Washington DC would look like this in the final days of the Trump presidency... (apart from everyone who didnt vote for him that is).:mellow:imrs.jpg.86bb6ce36f2b44d2ddc9b12bd27b3fa6.jpg 809860279_download(18).jpg.1d57f3ef25526be9a04a96974c3e8416.jpg

Are DC United playing Millwall or something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All those protesters and rioters that are losing their jobs for storming the Capitol, are now realizing why their grandparents wore hoods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

All those protesters and rioters that are losing their jobs for storming the Capitol, are now realizing why their grandparents wore hoods.

TBF, their Grandfathers should have worn condoms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, their Grandfathers should have worn condoms.

Top post LFN, respect!

Watching the House of Representatives now.  It's getting closer to impeachment.

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Watching the House of Representatives now.  It's getting closer to impeachment.

A lot of the mob incited by Trump keep referring to revolution.

These Retrumplicans who say he had nothing to do with last week's insurrection and are voting against are the same people who that mob would tear to pieces and eradicate. They won't stop to ask which side they are on, or how they voted, they'll be killed.

I'm sickened by some of the arguments put up today justifying not impeaching - McConnell even believes Trump should be impeached.

• Like 1