Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

7 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Four years is a long time in politics and without his social media accounts to be a bullhorn to people and especially to keep the media dancing to his tune, I am sceptical he will maintain his grip as this administration's four year term progresses. 

Again, I think you are underestimating his grip. He’s still beloved by his base. Impeachment proved that with most republicans voting to acquit him. And even the few Republicans who did convict, they are being scrutinized by Republicans within the party. Trump and what he stands for will last a long time, social media or without it. Trust me, I would love for what he did to die down and have our country move on from this, but what time and time again proves is that he is very resilient to almost any sorts of criticism. 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 17:33, Joey Russ said:

Again, I think you are underestimating his grip. He’s still beloved by his base. Impeachment proved that with most republicans voting to acquit him. And even the few Republicans who did convict, they are being scrutinized by Republicans within the party. Trump and what he stands for will last a long time, social media or without it. Trust me, I would love for what he did to die down and have our country move on from this, but what time and time again proves is that he is very resilient to almost any sorts of criticism. 

You are 100% correct sir. Civil War kicking off in the GOP and Trump is here to stay.

7 hours ago, jcc said:

You are 100% correct sir. Civil War kicking off in the GOP and Trump is here to stay.

He's a 74 year old with a shit diet, a pile of legal trouble and a record of rousing people to vote for anyone but him. Just playing dead pooling devil's advocate here. If we assume he attacks public pronouncements like any narcissistic bully then he's always drawing attention to his power and it's always "the greatest" (witch hunt, vaccination roll out etc.) If he wants the nomination he's got to stay trouble free for at least two years, after which other, likely younger, Republicans will oppose him and the pre-nomination debates will likely include them using stuff like the Capitol riot against him. Trump is here to try and stay IMHO, others for a range of reasons won't want that, and some of those others are supposedly on the same side as him. 

• Like 1

Trump v Mitch is a bit like ebola vs covid ie I'm hoping they both lose...

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Some of those already positioning themselves, incl. Ted Cruz who is near enough nailed-on for another go

Link:https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/2024-republican-primary/index.html

Course he will, he's not spent the last 5 years kissing the arse of a man who claims his dad killed JFK to not then win the Presidency at the end of it. He won't win, though, I doubt Trump will endorse him (assuming he or his immediate family don't run themselves) and Josh Hawley has anointed himself as Trump's nut-job successor-in-chief, and he's drifted too far to the lunatic fringe to perform a volte face and claim to be part of the sensible, economically and socially conservative wing of the party again. Worst of all worlds, a pretty perfect summation of Ted Cruz really.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Course he will, he's not spent the last 5 years kissing the arse of a man who claims his dad killed JFK to not then win the Presidency at the end of it. He won't win, though, I doubt Trump will endorse him (assuming he or his immediate family don't run themselves) and Josh Hawley has anointed himself as Trump's nut-job successor-in-chief, and he's drifted too far to the lunatic fringe to perform a volte face and claim to be part of the sensible, economically and socially conservative wing of the party again. Worst of all worlds, a pretty perfect summation of Ted Cruz really.

A fairly astute summary of what may turn out to be one of the ugliest beauty contests in history

• Like 2

Picture of a senior person, with tired eyes, spotty red cheeks and an unhealthy colouring in general:

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Picture of a senior person, with tired eyes, spotty red cheeks and an unhealthy colouring in general:

Definitely looks to have lost some weight. The hamburgers aren't available on tap if you're not President. Who am I kidding? He's probably just dropping a few pounds to be in better shape for 2024. :facepalm:

Molly Forbes, who Trump and sons tried to bully out her home here in Aberdeenshire, has died aged 96. 

They came in for particular criticism when they cut off her water when she was about 90...

I note in the Tweet she is referred to as being among the few remaining Doric speakers. Utter shite. Everyone I know speaks doric.

Trump calls continuing Facebook ban 'a total disgrace' as suspension upheld

Ever heard the saying Pot Kettle Black.

The Donald is suing the obvious tech giants over censorship and also suing the people who own them. So, he's taking on individuals richer than him in a metaphorical dick waving contest that may involve the best lawyers money can buy being given the opportunity to grill Trump in court about what he says, writes and means by it all. 

This'll rival The Crown for real life drama, then

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57754435

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arghton said:

E9W4h5kX0AUSnQ1.thumb.jpg.5f27bb3e634fd1d9c1848755eff19a43.jpg

Held a potential superspreader rally in Alabama yesterday. 67.5% of the state's population has not been fully vaccinated and it declared a COVID state of emergency a few days ago with 2700 people hospitalised on the 20th.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-holds-potential-superspreader-rally-in-cullman-alabama-2021-8?r=US&IR=T

And it's in a place called Cullman :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, arghton said:

Held a potential superspreader rally in Alabama yesterday. 67.5% of the state's population has not been fully vaccinated and it declared a COVID state of emergency a few days ago with 2700 people hospitalised on the 20th.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-holds-potential-superspreader-rally-in-cullman-alabama-2021-8?r=US&IR=T

They vote Trump there all brain dead idiots.  They should cull the lot of them

3 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

They vote Trump there all brain dead idiots.  They should cull the lot of them

They are culling themselves.

8 hours ago, arghton said:

Trump finally tells his base that they should get vaccinated and they boo him. I know, I know, it's Alabama, but still.

Unkess he dies/incapacitated in the next three years and two months He will be president again in 2025. And his family will control the USA I predict for two decades or more after that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/us/politics/trump-covid-blood-oxygen.html

Unsuprisingly turns out that (according to his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows) they downplayed how ill he was with covid in October 2020, this article mentions that his oxygen levels dropped very low and he needed an oxygen tank at some point during his hospitalisation.

The staff at Walter Reed were prepared to keep him in there for weeks or longer but with the help of regeneron and a cocktail of drugs he was discharged after being there for only three nights

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 20:59, arghton said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/us/politics/trump-covid-blood-oxygen.html

Unsuprisingly turns out that (according to his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows) they downplayed how ill he was with covid in October 2020, this article mentions that his oxygen levels dropped very low and he needed an oxygen tank at some point during his hospitalisation.

The staff at Walter Reed were prepared to keep him in there for weeks or longer but with the help of regeneron and a cocktail of drugs he was discharged after being there for only three nights

That sounds like a recipe for mild brain damage, but this is Trump so how the fuck would they spot it? 

Since I've not taken much interest in the man of late does anyone know what he's saying about his mate Putin's recent actions, and what - if anything - that's doing to Trump's chances of reelection?

57 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

That sounds like a recipe for mild brain damage, but this is Trump so how the fuck would they spot it? 

Since I've not taken much interest in the man of late does anyone know what he's saying about his mate Putin's recent actions, and what - if anything - that's doing to Trump's chances of reelection?

If he’s still alive by Election Day he’ll win quite comfortably.

• Like 1