Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

11 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

He has flown quietly into DC. Speculation is either a medical emergency or a legal one. 

It's definitely not something planned

Maybe he drank some bleach? 

On 30/08/2022 at 22:12, gcreptile said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump's press secretary also had treatment for thyroid cancer:

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/16/1123594799/sarah-sanders-thyroid-cancer-surgery

Is Donald Trump carcinogenic?

• Like 1

He's one of two long-shots on my DDP team, just sayin' - there's three months for this to escalate, then

So, his "big announcement" is due within hours and it was widely expected a few days back that he'd declare himself a candidate for the 2024 elections (quite handy if he won, because it'd make it harder to prosecute him in some of the cases now being prepared)

That said, the final senate candidate with his backing just lost, and Rupert Murdoch has made it known that the Murdoch media empire won't support him if he runs again. Worth mentioning because he's 74, overweight, clearly about to have a fair spike of tension, anger and blood pressure whatever decisions are made today and, I'm assuming he's obitable!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63627007

• Like 1

I stand by what I've been saying, neither Trump nor Biden will be the 2024 nominees.

Trump will lose in the primaries or be convicted before the election.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJD123 said:

Agreed - but it's even worse: he's 76!

My bad - yeah, bring on the increased stress, he might just start seeping high-pressure blood during the announcement. Or go an Alan Brazil shade of red!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

I stand by what I've been saying, neither Trump nor Biden will be the 2024 nominees.

Trump will lose in the primaries or be convicted before the election.

Trump is definitely going to be the GOP frontrunner if he choses to run again tonight. He is still popular there, is a debate monster and the MAGA cult is still going strong. As Dave Chappelle said, never underestimate the poor whites.

However, I do not think that he will do a Grover Cleveland and win. The element of surprise is gone. The media, as someone else has already said, is not backing him this time and the midterms are already a telltale indicator of what is going to happen next. A Trump nomination is basically a guaranteed four more years for the Democrats.

As for Biden, if he is healthy enough, he will run. It is very difficult to say no to power once you have it, especially if there is a chance to have it again for the same amount of time. As far as I know, LBJ is the last president to say no to reelection (he finished JFK's term, won his own in a landslide and could have run for another one but chose not to). I am not sure if it was his failing health or the unpopularity of his administration that made Johnson decline to run again (unpopularity AT THE TIME, since now LBJ is widely considered a top tier president), but unless Biden has equally strong reasons not to run, nobody in the Democratic Party is going to stop him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Trump is definitely going to be the GOP frontrunner if he choses to run again tonight. He is still popular there, is a debate monster and the MAGA cult is still going strong. As Dave Chappelle said, never underestimate the poor whites.

However, I do not think that he will do a Grover Cleveland and win. The element of surprise is gone. The media, as someone else has already said, is not backing him this time and the midterms are already a telltale indicator of what is going to happen next. A Trump nomination is basically a guaranteed four more years for the Democrats.

As for Biden, if he is healthy enough, he will run. It is very difficult to say no to power once you have it, especially if there is a chance to have it again for the same amount of time. As far as I know, LBJ is the last president to say no to reelection (he finished JFK's term, won his own in a landslide and could have run for another one but chose not to). I am not sure if it was his failing health or the unpopularity of his administration that made Johnson decline to run again (unpopularity AT THE TIME, since now LBJ is widely considered a top tier president), but unless Biden has equally strong reasons not to run, nobody in the Democratic Party is going to stop him.

Yeah, what does a narcissist decide other than it's all about them and they'll succeed. It's slowly but surely becoming clear that the most self-centred politicians (Trump and Bojo being good examples) have the ability to mobilise a handful of people who don't vote and a lot of these people come out, drive the turnout very high and vote in the best way to stop the narcissist. The last two Bojo by-elections saw safe Tory seats turned over with voting behaviour above and beyond the usual by-election and the Senate race in the mid-terms showed a lot of anti-Trump activity. If the Republicans try and stop him he might well do a "fuck you" run as an independent, split the GOP vote beyond saving and gift a Democratic victory. Personally I think the Democrats would do themselves a massive favour to persuade Biden into some other role and put a much younger candidate in there. But elderly people doing very stressful things is good for dead pooling!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Personally I think the Democrats would do themselves a massive favour to persuade Biden into some other role and put a much younger candidate in there.

newFile-1.jpg?quality=50&width=640&auto=webp

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Toast said:

newFile-1.jpg?quality=50&width=640&auto=webp

Day one, agenda item one - Invade UK, depose monarchy, install husband as regent in new US colony.

THIS is how to report the news:

CD9139B3-CC21-4D35-840D-51894C659F82.thumb.jpeg.1c106f399cd6381702a16cc92b083517.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TQR said:

THIS is how to report the news:

CD9139B3-CC21-4D35-840D-51894C659F82.thumb.jpeg.1c106f399cd6381702a16cc92b083517.jpeg

I predict the major winners here will be dead poolers who'll be gifted high-profile form studying from here on in of an overweight, unhealthy living man who is fond of a blood pressure raising argument and is halfway between his 76th and 77th birthdays. Actually on my DDP line up in 2022, a desperate Republican taking drastic measures to stop his candidacy could still haul me back towards the top ten (currently 16th)

• Like 2

Should face four criminal charges, says investigating committee (and everyone with the mental ability to go to the toilet themselves).

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

Should face four criminal charges, says investigating committee (and everyone with the mental ability to go to the toilet themselves).

That'll put rocket boosters under his motivation to be president again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

To get this in perspective 

Trump's tonnage of documents is about 235 separate docs including stuff classified top secret. 

Bidon and Pence have stuff with much lower classification and much less of it, about 20 docs for Bidon (admittedly with woeful secrurity given they were stashed in a garage with his Corvette), and 12 docs for Pence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

To get this in perspective 

Trump's tonnage of documents is about 235 separate docs including stuff classified top secret. 

Bidon and Pence have stuff with much lower classification and much less of it, about 20 docs for Bidon (admittedly with woeful secrurity given they were stashed in a garage with his Corvette), and 12 docs for Pence. 

Also the main difference is these documents are being found and handed over by Biden and Pence's own legal staff, whereas Trump had to be asked for missing legal documents multiple times to the point an FBI raid was required. 

• Like 1