Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

3 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

The history of North Korea entering into nuclear disarmament agreements and subsequently violating them goes back to the 1980s. Father, son, and grandson all operate in the same manner. When they need to they appease the west. Later, they use the papers in the toilet. Neither this agreement nor the Panmunjon agreement define denuclearization nor set out a timeline for this to happen. To the west, in this context, it means North Korea unilaterally rids itself of nuclear weaponry and allows the IAEA to inspect to ensure this happens. North Korea has, in the past, demanded bilateral disarmament as a condition, and these two vaguely worded "agreements" don't seem to lend themselves to any other interpretation.

What it comes down to is this: What is in it for North Korea? Is the United States likely to "rain fire and fury" down on North Korea? No. What gives Kim what little validity on the world stage? His nuclear arsenal - the only reason is is taken seriously is that he is capable of destroying Seoul. Otherwise he would be just another isolated dictator with no relevance. What's more important to him - world peace or his own position vis-a-vis the United States, Russia, and China? Trump is desperate for a win, Kim gave him one, and it remains to be seen how far Kim is willing to allow this to play out. He has all the cards and all the control. 

That is the biggest mistake the US made here - in the quest to make Trump look good at home, his people handed the keys to Kim. Ironically, the 75% of Americans who either strenuously hate to mildly dislike Trump are already giving this deal the hairy eyeball. Time Magazine has fired a direct shot across the bow of Trump's presidency. Only Fox News is giving this any good press and even they slipped up and said "...meeting of the two dictators..." 

As an aside - Trump keeps tweeting that the parents of the Korean War dead are pleading with him to bring back their son's remains. Even if you look at a boy of 18 going to Korea in 1953, the last year of the war, and his parents were 18 when he was born,  those parents would be 101. It's seemingly inconsequential lies like this that he consistently gets caught in that causes many people to question everything he does. 

Smart 'ass':lol:

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Paul Manafort is heading to jail. Presidential pardon coming in 10, 9, 8...

Logic would tell anybody else in this case to not pardon Manafort. But with Giuliani on his side, who literally went rogue and exposed the Stormy Daniels affair on live television, anything can happen.

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Logic would tell anybody else in this case to not pardon Manafort. But with Giuliani on his side, who literally went rogue and exposed the Stormy Daniels affair on live television, anything can happen.

Let’s be honest though, does Trump really give a shit on stuff like this? 

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Let’s be honest though, does Trump really give a shit on stuff like this? 

Of course. He clearly cares about himself more than anything.

I wonder if Kim has been convinced to go down the the same route as china? China was very much like NK before and around 1972 then usa and China met and the relationship got better. If Trump gets a second term , Kim keeps his promise and has visited the white house i can see before Trump leaves office visiting NK. Give it 15 years US ,UK and western tourists will be flocking to NK. 1988 was when huge tourist numbers to China started i believe.

https://news.sky.com/story/kim-doesnt-want-aid-he-wants-investment-11401103

16 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I wonder if Kim has been convinced to go down the the same route as china? China was very much like NK before and around 1972 then usa and China met and the relationship got better. If Trump gets a second term , Kim keeps his promise and has visited the white house i can see before Trump leaves office visiting NK. Give it 15 years US ,UK and western tourists will be flocking to NK. 1988 was when huge tourist numbers to China started i believe.

https://news.sky.com/story/kim-doesnt-want-aid-he-wants-investment-11401103

Trump's second term...

That'll be an interesting fight. The mid-terms this year will likely be a serious reality check for all concerned. The question on the Democrat side is whether they can unite behind someone so clearly different (female, articulate, record of serious political achievement ahead of election would all be good). As for Trump he'd be the oldest elected president (beating himself) and would have to face campaign trail questions on things like how the progress on the wall is coming along. His ego is such he'll surely want to stand. I'm wondering if this might end like Carter in 1980 who was badly wounded in the campaign because some foreign powers (notably Iran which held on to US hostages until a few hours into Regan's presidency) did things to make him look weak and some in his own party fought a hard enough selection fight to ensure Carter didn't look like a shoo-in as candidate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Trump's second term...

That'll be an interesting fight. The mid-terms this year will likely be a serious reality check for all concerned. The question on the Democrat side is whether they can unite behind someone so clearly different (female, articulate, record of serious political achievement ahead of election would all be good). As for Trump he'd be the oldest elected president (beating himself) and would have to face campaign trail questions on things like how the progress on the wall is coming along. His ego is such he'll surely want to stand. I'm wondering if this might end like Carter in 1980 who was badly wounded in the campaign because some foreign powers (notably Iran which held on to US hostages until a few hours into Regan's presidency) did things to make him look weak and some in his own party fought a hard enough selection fight to ensure Carter didn't look like a shoo-in as candidate.

If they run a cory booker type it will be clinton all over again. Trump will get 310. It takes a great campaign and big personality to defeat someone in one term. Bill clinton and ronald reagan are seen as two of the most personable presidents with obama.Not many can outmatch or outshine trump on personality and clinton was seen as the most qualified ,on top of being the first female. Many thought she was unbeatable really especially againist Trump.

The only person I can see beating Trump in 2020 is Tammy duckworth. Trump can't insult and do what he did againist clinton he'd lose heavily,even i wouldn't support him if her went down that road.She'd have the woman vote, military vote (to a certain extent), asian vote , the disabled vote and she's well respected  . I think the democratic party and tammy will wait   until 2024 to get her experience and build her up. Whether they do decide to run her in 2020 or 2024 either way she'll win imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

If they run a cory booker type it will be clinton all over again. Trump will get 310. It takes a great campaign and big personality to defeat someone in one term. Bill clinton and ronald reagan are seen as two of the most personable presidents with obama.Not many can outmatch or outshine trump on personality and clinton was seen as the most qualified ,on top of being the first female. Many thought she was unbeatable really especially againist Trump.

The only person I can see beating Trump in 2020 is Tammy duckworth. Trump can't insult and do what he did againist clinton he'd lose heavily,even i wouldn't support him if her went down that road.She'd have the woman vote, military vote (to a certain extent), asian vote , the disabled vote and she's well respected  . I think the democratic party and tammy will wait   until 2024 to get her experience and build her up. Whether they do decide to run her in 2020 or 2024 either way she'll win imo.

Duckworth is my Senator and she could definitely beat Trump due to the reasons you mentioned.

Bernie Sanders would probably win too, he could take back much of the Rust Belt from Trump. Joe Biden also has that working class appeal.

Other than that, I don't think many other Democrats could win in 2020.

Cory Booker has too many Wall Street ties and Kamala Harris did some sketchy things as Attorney General of California. Kirsten Gillibrand isn't very likeable and doesn't have much name recognition. Andrew Cuomo has a "corrupt urban political machine boss" vibe about him.

If Tim Kaine or Hillary Clinton ran again (God forbid), they'd get their asses handed to them with even states like Minnesota and Maine probably going to Trump.

• Like 2

Is Duckworth even eligible?

Tommy_Duckworth.jpg

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Duckworth is my Senator and she could definitely beat Trump due to the reasons you mentioned.

Bernie Sanders would probably win too, he could take back much of the Rust Belt from Trump. Joe Biden also has that working class appeal.

Other than that, I don't think many other Democrats could win in 2020.

Cory Booker has too many Wall Street ties and Kamala Harris did some sketchy things as Attorney General of California. Kirsten Gillibrand isn't very likeable and doesn't have much name recognition. Andrew Cuomo has a "corrupt urban political machine boss" vibe about him.

If Tim Kaine or Hillary Clinton ran again (God forbid), they'd get their asses handed to them with even states like Minnesota and Maine probably going to Trump.

Get real both Sanders and Biden will be 78 in 2020. The American people are ultimately going to want young blood and thats if trump gets voted out. Besides no one is going to vote someone that old into the office of presidency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Is Duckworth even eligible?

I'll be honest i thought you had to be born in the USA to be president. But that seems to have been forgotten or i've remembered it wrong. Ted cruz ran and he was born in canada. Also his dad was the zodiac killer aswell so you'd think he would be bigly ineligible.

5 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Trump will lose to The Rock,Tom Hanks,Rachel Ray or Angelina Jolie in 2020

4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I'll be honest i thought you had to be born in the USA to be president. But that seems to have been forgotten or i've remembered it wrong. Ted cruz ran and he was born in canada. Also his dad was the zodiac killer aswell so you'd think he would be bigly ineligible.

Cruz is a naturalized U.S. citizen, which means he is eligible to run for President. I also assume Duckworth is naturlized as she fought for us in Iraq.

I agree with most of y'all: corporate, center left Democrats like Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Kaine, e.t.c. will flop miserably, and Trump will have a larger victory than in 2016, ala Dubya in 2004.

I think that my state's Governor, John Bel Edwards is an excellent pick for President: he's a governor, he's a moderate Democrat, he has proven leadership by helping Louisiana during the 2016 floods, he seems to have a clean record, and he won in a red state in an off year under a Democratic President. He fits the mold of relatively unknown Southern Governor that Carter and Clinton were elected under, and he has worked with Trump before. A Bel Edwards/Duckworth ticket is my dream, but unfortunately he has a re-election campaign in 2019 (ugh, off year elections) which is when most of the major Presidential Candidates declare and bow down to Soros and the unions. JBE will have to either decline seeking re-election to win in what will likely be a VERY crowded primary, or pass and run for re-election in Louisiana.

Anyways, I think Bernie could win. If he runs in 2020, he will fit a historical mold of a left wing Ronald Reagan, having lost a primary to the favorite of the party 4 years earlier, winning against a deeply flawed, unpopular, and untraditional candidate (Carter, Trump), and then goes on to be the nation's most revolutionary Democratic President as well as the oldest. It's uncanny.

4 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Trump will lose to The Rock,Tom Hanks,Rachel Ray or Angelina Jolie in 2020

The Rock is a registered Independent, so he can't run as a Democrat in 2020 under a new DNC rule which also applies to Bernie Sanders. This is of course assuming they don't change party affiliation before the 2020 primary season. 

On 17/06/2018 at 21:38, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Cruz is a naturalized U.S. citizen, which means he is eligible to run for President. I also assume Duckworth is naturlized as she fought for us in Iraq.

I agree with most of y'all: corporate, center left Democrats like Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Kaine, e.t.c. will flop miserably, and Trump will have a larger victory than in 2016, ala Dubya in 2004.

I think that my state's Governor, John Bel Edwards is an excellent pick for President: he's a governor, he's a moderate Democrat, he has proven leadership by helping Louisiana during the 2016 floods, he seems to have a clean record, and he won in a red state in an off year under a Democratic President. He fits the mold of relatively unknown Southern Governor that Carter and Clinton were elected under, and he has worked with Trump before. A Bel Edwards/Duckworth ticket is my dream, but unfortunately he has a re-election campaign in 2019 (ugh, off year elections) which is when most of the major Presidential Candidates declare and bow down to Soros and the unions. JBE will have to either decline seeking re-election to win in what will likely be a VERY crowded primary, or pass and run for re-election in Louisiana.

Anyways, I think Bernie could win. If he runs in 2020, he will fit a historical mold of a left wing Ronald Reagan, having lost a primary to the favorite of the party 4 years earlier, winning against a deeply flawed, unpopular, and untraditional candidate (Carter, Trump), and then goes on to be the nation's most revolutionary Democratic President as well as the oldest. It's uncanny.

No.

First: Section II, Article 1, Clause 5 of the the United States Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Second: 8 United States Code § 1401(g):

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth...a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years 

citizen.jpg.68c64668afe1ec09659ce03ce941e95e.jpg

Ted Cruz is not a naturalized American citizen. He is the child of an American citizen mother and therefore was born with American citizenship. Tammy Duckworth is the child of an American father. It doesn't matter where they were born - one American citizen parent who meets the very basic and brief residency requirements begets an American citizen unless the child renounces at 18.

The currently accepted definition of "natural born" does not include naturalized citizens.  The question will most likely have to be decided by Congress as it is a political question, not truly a legal one, and may require amending the Constitution, according to some scholars such as Tokaji of the Michigan Law Review.  The conflict over the phrase "natural born" stems from changes between the Naturalization Acts of 1790 and 1795.

This Wikipedia article is actually pretty good and has excellent sourcing if one has an urge to waste an afternoon discoursing on American citizenship, how to be born with it, how to get it, how to lose or relinquish it, and what everyone has to say about it. It is worth mentioning that when citizenship has been thrown around it has been to disqualify someone politically, not to resolve any questions of citizenship or to settle case law. Outside of the presidential question, it's also been used to marginalize on the basis of race. It's a nasty weapon used primarily to subjugate and proclaim superiority.

• Like 1

Lol. :D

35892320_2500614533297971_476892221992337408_n.thumb.jpg.474a5549f7e5b140f556802b14f04fca.jpg

12 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Nothing about Russia or his son in the article, did you mislink?

I think I saw a post on Facebook focusing on that subject and assumed that it’s focused on that topic, especially since I searched “Justice Kennedy Russia” and that showed as the top result. Apologies for the wrong link...

EDIT: Here’s a snopes article fact checking the matter, which it’s currently shown as unproven...

"I will withdraw from NATO unless you stump up more money."

"I like NATO we have a great relationship."

"Germany is completely controlled by Russia."

"I think NATO and Russia can get along."

"Crimea was under Obama's watch, not Trump's watch."

"I am imposing tariffs on the EU."

"The EU is so unfair to us, they have so many tariffs on the US."

"Canada and the EU are a threat to our national security."

And here's the doozy:

"I am completely consistent."

This man and his administration have taken babies and children from the parents and locked them up. Having been ordered to reunite those kids, they can't in a large number because they don't know to whom they belong.

Our response:

Welcome to the UK.

AF1.jpg

The Donald has landed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

AF1.jpg

The Donald has landed.

Now to see whether this will follow Trump all around the UK. 

74126C77-1DFE-4B44-ABAA-AA80521CFF17.jpeg