Death Watch Beatle

Mary Travers

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus

There's more cultural activity in a few spores of that than there is over two sides of an old Peter, Paul and Mary album.

I might have GUEST you were working up to some brainless response along those lines. I defy you to look at that picture of Mary Travers - back a few pages on this thread - and then eat fattening food with a clear conscience.

if I would have known I was on a "Limeys" only site, I wouldn't have wasted my time!

Surprising as you might find it, the Internet does extend out past the borders of the USA.

In the lands that exist outside those borders, you may also be interested to learn that there are vast swathes of different cultures, music, languages, arts and all sorts of other weird things that you needn't waste your time with.

I think it'll be beneficial for both you and the 6 billion or so non-USA-residents if you stay on your side of the line.

:lol::huh::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

Very well put.

Nowt wrong with lime juce you scurvy git, At the end of the day WE HAVE A HISTORY :)

And a culture.

NAP- We have a history and a culture too. Just because there are some Americans who are idiots doesn't mean you should insult all of us.

Guest Guest
SPAM therapy will do that to people. Jerry Lewis for example. Your comments are rude and thoughtless. Just my 2 cents....

Yes, very common, and obviously the case here.....thank you for typing that!

May God Bless and Keep her, and may she be Blessed with Full Recovery and Healing!!

Guest K8

How cruel. I can't believe that anyone could make fun of someone suffering from cancer.

Walk a mile in her shoes before you do that.

I asked to borrow her shoes.....but she'd eaten them!

Go well.

How cruel. I can't believe that anyone could make fun of someone suffering from cancer.

Walk a mile in her shoes before you do that.

I reckon she'd be hard pushed to walk a mile in her own shoes without keeling over.

Poor thing, it's her glands you know.

And a slow metabolism. It's got nothing to do with pies at all.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes. --Jack Haney Deep Thoughts.

Poor thing, it's her glands you know.

And a slow metabolism. It's got nothing to do with pies at all.

Doesn't chemo/anti-cancer steroids cause some people to balloon?

If she was hefty before she got ill then ok, if not then I'm afraid for once I'm with the ranters on this.

Mary Travers has cancelled an upcoming prefomance because of "ongoing struggles to overcome the lingering effects of treatment for cancer".

She's been fighting that cancer for quite a while now and cannot shake it off and we know what happened to Farrah... :blink:

Not looking good for Mary Travers. A good candidate for the 2010 DL?

"We are no longer going to be able to perform together," Peter Yarrow tells WTOP.

Band member Mary Travers is suffering from serious lung inflammation, related to her decades-long battle with leukemia.

"It is my sense the band will not be able to perform live again, in the absence of some kind of medical turnaround, which is unexpected."

Yarrow says Travers gamely performed in several concerts earlier this year, although her condition required her to be seated in a wheelchair, breathing with the assistance of oxygen tanks.

"The doctor has said to us that this is no longer viable for her to do. It's too dangerous. It's not worth it," said Yarrow

Just an idea, like; DLcon III would be the perfect place for their final performance. What d'ya reckon they charge?

Incidentally, her official site currently comprises a home page and get well book, nowt else.

Ominous, or summat.

Just an idea, like; DLcon III would be the perfect place for their final performance. What d'ya reckon they charge?

Incidentally, her official site currently comprises a home page and get well book, nowt else.

Ominous, or summat.

Well she's that side of the pond - and we are this side of the pond - and there's cost involved - and LFN says the beer in the pub is too pricey - don't think we can marry the "Mary@DLcon III" idea to him? - but if we had a TV crew there too picking up the big bills then there may be life in the daft plan. Anyone know anyone at Channel 4?

Oddly, the AP report linked above (which has been replicated at numerous outlets) lists her age as 62, which would put her at about 14 when PPM first rose to fame. Wikipedia lists her DOB as a more realistic 9th November, 1936, which the NY Times is going with:

NY Times Report

And I had only just stuck Mary into my top ten to replace Patrick Swayze!

Oh well - you win some - you lose some!

And I had only just stuck Mary into my top ten to replace Patrick Swayze!

Oh well - you win - you lose some!

I share your pain, I had not long ago pencilled Travers in for next year

Me too. And Floyd. :lol: Takes the shine off Swayze being my joker. Oh well, back to the drawing board.