gcreptile

Deathless Days

48 minutes ago, drol said:

September 2nd 2017 has only five deaths too for now.

Not that shocking considering it's only one day from today. If it was closer to 3 days from the date, then it would be more shocking.

• Like 2

So after one month, August 25th is still at only 5 notable deaths. It's the most deathless day in years!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the idea of this thread was deathless re: DL, not 'kinda deathless re: wiki'.

Did I miss something?
SC

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 12:55, gcreptile said:

So after one month, August 25th is still at only 5 notable deaths. It's the most deathless day in years!

It finally has a 6th death reported under it with former javelin thrower Martin Biles...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It finally has a 6th death reported under it with former javelin thrower Martin Biles...

Oh no, not the Martin Biles...

Whoever he was.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

Oh no, not the Martin Biles...

Whoever he was.

Didn't you know? One of the poor relations of Voodoo Biles...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26.9.2017 at 15:07, Sir Creep said:

I thought the idea of this thread was deathless re: DL, not 'kinda deathless re: wiki'.

Did I miss something?
SC

I started watching that page a couple of years ago. 7 deaths per day was the minimum during that time. Though there was a time when far fewer deaths were reported, but celebrity culture keeps growing... that makes these days with fewer deaths even more notable.

• Like 1

About half a year after August 25th, 2017, someone must have added one or two names (Ed McGaa? Sharry Konopski?) to that day's list of deaths. The day has now received 7 notable deaths and is thus no longer the most deathless day (well... 7 is the lowest number of the past years, but it is shared with a few other days).

Those aren’t notable people, presuming the other 5 are just as tepid.

Nothing on wiki yet for today. 

• Thanks 1

Now it has filled up, but April 9th is still only at 6 notable deaths. I don't count the racehorse. Everything below 7 is a record.

As of 5.45pm Wikipedia is still not recording any celeb cadavers for May 3. Surely this can't last another six hours?

18 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

As of 5.45pm Wikipedia is still not recording any celeb cadavers for May 3. Surely this can't last another six hours?

It couldn't even last 20 minutes. Monica Barnes, 82, Irish politician.

• Like 2

ACH don't worry,  The Gods just keeping their powder dry for tomorrow.

Star Wars Day so there will be a shit load of biggies.

• Like 2

Of some interest is the fact Wikipedia has no notable death entries for today Aug 5 since 2015.

Is it me or has this year been a slow year in death so far?

I did check, DDP hits as of this point last year: 162

DDP hits so far this year: 163

Pretty even. There's been a lot more peaks and troughs this year though, whereas last year was a more constant stiff-stream.

• Like 1

Considering we have fewer teams this year, this is actually even better. But I guess we haven't had many A+-List deaths.

• Like 1

It’s also worth noting that the amount of competitive hits overall this year was lower than last year was. I guess 2016’s hit records won’t be broken for a while...

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I did check, DDP hits as of this point last year: 162

DDP hits so far this year: 163

Pretty even. There's been a lot more peaks and troughs this year though, whereas last year was a more constant stiff-stream.

Well without my looking how are we with Lost entries?  I am guessing we have eclipsed last year's at this point.  We have at least 3 or 4 pretty incredible non-QO which would otherwise help our totals.

I’ve just checked. 32 by this date in 2017 vs a whopping 49 lost entrants this year so far. Definitely more lost picks this year than last. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I’ve just checked. 32 by this date in 2017 vs a whopping 49 lost entrants this year so far. Definitely more lost picks this year than last. 

Yessir.....well there's your difference then.  A 20% rate last year, about 32% this year.  I blame the media!

Actually, the total should be 48 since Michael Lapage needs to be removed now he got his QO. But yeah, there are definitely multiple names there that probably should’ve gotten QO for sure. 

On 05/08/2018 at 08:25, Sir Creep said:

Of some interest is the fact Wikipedia has no notable death entries for today Aug 5 since 2015.

Whatchoo talkin bout, Willis?  Charlotte Rae has taken care of the August 5 doldrums. 

August 28 currently only has one death, and the day is over to a good majority of the world...

• Like 1