Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

Not a good start for the Deathlist. Two modestly famous Yanks (Wayne Rogers (M.A.S.H. actor) & Natalie Cole (2 hit-wonder vocalist from the late 1980s) die on the first day & neither appear on the official Deathlist.

They both are Dec 31 deaths. And Cole herself would be one of those Unlucky Uncle Phil like picks in year limbo if anyone chose her cause it was already 2016 in the UK when she died but 2015 in her home country.

Given all the posts so far today we stil await ANYONE to die on the 1st. The nobody rap producer is iffy.

SC

Suicide?

I think I would too to avoid a career in cricket. Rounders on the other hand...

*In the wake of the passing of Natalie Cole, we’ve learned of the passing of another dynamic sister, renowned black psychiatrist Dr. Frances Cress Welsing. She was 80. According to journalist/activist Harry “Media Assassin” Allen, via Twitter, Dr. Welsing died at 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning from a stroke she suffered earlier in the week.

SC

http://www.eurweb.com/2016/01/we-remember-renowned-psychiatrist-dr-frances-cress-welsing-dies-at-80/

Michel Delpech passed away / still waiting for an official UK obit however

sadly if he croacked up just 3 days earlier I would have made a DDP unique pick... :banghead:

sadly if he croacked up just 3 days earlier I would have made a DDP unique pick... :banghead:

He was a can't miss. I think the comitee don't take it cause he is not famous enough in UK.

He was a can't miss. I think the comitee don't take it cause he is not famous enough in UK.

Aaaaaand you just put him in your Deathlist as he dies.

I posted in the wrong thread....

Roy Hudd

I saw Roy Hudd back in September. He's in fine fettle and very spritely.

Yeah I used to live near Roy.He is doing great last I heard.He is still active and working!

Yeah I used to live near Roy.He is doing great last I heard.He is still active and working!

He turned up playing Bud Flanegan in the recent drama about the making of Dad's Army

Guest Harold

Mate, you do know that putting someone in your deathlist after they've died is against the rules of this site?

This caught my eye on wikipedia. Anyone else think it could have been worded better?

Natasha Aguilar, 45, Costa Rican Olympic freestyle swimmer (1988), complications of a stroke

• Like 4

Guest Guest

Fawlty Towers actress Prunella Scales has died at 83, according to wikipedia

its a hoax,she is still alive

Guest Guest

its a hoax,she is still alive

damn! ..I mean, thank God she's still with us !

Go fly a kite. :P

• Like 2

Florence King

A Conservative American columnist who I have only heard of due to her appearances in DDP every year is dead 1 day after turning 80.

Guest AWHB's daughter

John Cleese has said on Twitter that some comedy bloke called Tony Buffery has died. Can't link cos in bed on the phone.

The Pete Best of Monty Python? He was the chap who started off with what became the Python lot at uni, but swiftly decided academia was a better pursuit. They replaced him with a far more famous person: Gilliam perhaps? I'm not much of a Python buff.

Think it was Graham Chapman who took his place. Buffery seems to have been in Twice A Fortnight, I've seen a clip of The Battle Of Hastings on YouTube but can't work out who he is, William The Conqueror's servant perhaps?

l

Tony Buffery was my dad. He was replaced by Graham Chapman as he wanted to persue his career in Neuropsychology. He was a huge influence to what became the Pythons and Goodies. He was funny to the end. Died Boxing Day 2015.