Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

I can't believe it...

Probably not big news for Brits.

But for us Americans, this is huge news!

We're as happy as the Brits were when Thatcher died!

No ALL Brits were 'happy' when she died.

History demonstrates here arrogance but it also shows that she did good in many ways, the wind of change the country needed.

I punched the air the morning I heard the news, but the happiness was shortlived. While the person had died, her ideas live on in someone else.

Many people were happy when she did her right-to-buy scheme, allowing council tenants to purchase their homes at, in some cases, a huge discount. This resulted in a huge lumpsum for local authorities that very soon dried up as people were paying their mortgages to the banks, rather than a monthly rent to the council.

Thatcher's downfall with the public, was the poll tax. She also had to deal with others in the party who were planning to oust her anyway.

• Like 2

I can't believe it...

History demonstrates here arrogance but it also shows that she did good in many ways, the wind of change the country needed.

I punched the air the morning I heard the news, but the happiness was shortlived. While the person had died, her ideas live on in someone else.

Many people were happy when she did her right-to-buy scheme, allowing council tenants to purchase their homes at, in some cases, a huge discount. This resulted in a huge lumpsum for local authorities that very soon dried up as people were paying their mortgages to the banks, rather than a monthly rent to the council.

Thatcher's downfall with the public, was the poll tax. She also had to deal with others in the party who were planning to oust her anyway.

I was happier waiting in the queue at the magistrates court for non payment of poll tax when the news of her resignation came through. Cries of victoire,victoire, and renditions of the red flag all round.

breaking news on BBC that's the first time I got that for a person that was not on the deathlist http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35571868

I rather liked this quote of his Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached. A man with clarity of what justice means. Obama should replace him with Denis Leary (hey, I feel another thread coming on).

I rather dislike it.*

*For values of "rather" = 100%.

He didn't say it anyways.

I can't believe it...

I was happier waiting in the queue at the magistrates court for non payment of poll tax when the news of her resignation came through. Cries of victoire,victoire, and renditions of the red flag all round.

I had a court summons, but never showed up to court. At the time I was living in Tower Hamlets (around £450/year) but registered as living in Wandsworth (about £190/year). I still had no plans to pay, neither did the 5 others staying in the same tiny maisonette.

I can't believe it...

Yes the Poll tax finished her really, mind you accusing the public of being 'moaning minnies' didn't go down well either...

I can't believe it...

Yes the Poll tax finished her really, mind you accusing the public of being 'moaning minnies' didn't go down well either...
what was the poll tax anyway and why was it bad.

Jesus.

• Like 3

Jesus.

No, not even he could help. :D

• Like 1

I'll try kid, I'll try.

England has off and on since the Dark Ages tried a form of taxation called a poll tax. Poll = head, so it's a tax on just being.

And unlike the rest of the islands, the Rates on property hadn't had a revaluation since the early 1970's I think, they couldn't dare do a revaluation as there would have been anarchy by the Tories own support in England because of the price hike , especially the Business Rates (at the time somewhere like Wembley Stadium paid a lot less than say Shawfield, Clyde's ground).

So they had to get rid of the Rates and increase income.

Hence going back to a head tax, and of course see how the Jocks react as a tester.

At the time it was a sackable offence for me not to pay it as I was working for a Local Authority. They never got a penny....

• Like 1

I'll try kid, I'll try.

England has off and on since the Dark Ages tried a form of taxation called a poll tax. Poll = head, so it's a tax on just being.

And unlike the rest of the islands, the Rates on property hadn't had a revaluation since the early 1970's I think, they couldn't dare do a revaluation as there would have been anarchy by the Tories own support in England because of the price hike , especially the Business Rates (at the time somewhere like Wembley Stadium paid a lot less than say Shawfield, Clyde's ground).

Hence going back to a head tax, and of course see how the Jocks react as a tester.

At the time it was a sackable offence for me not to pay it as I was working for a Local Authority. They never got a penny....

so she tried to introduce a tax that wasn't possible so she made income higher just to take so she could take it away?

Oh it was possible, but one old wifie in a £2m house would've paid the same as each adult in a council flat.

Income meant revenue for government , not individual.

I'll try kid, I'll try.

so she tried to introduce a tax that wasn't possible so she made income higher just to take so she could take it away?

The income tax rate for the higher earners had been capped at 40%. The highest poll tax rates were in Labour run boroughs. So in places like Westminster you would have some one living in a swanky property valued at close to £1 million, paying no more that 40% income tax paying a quarter of what someone in a bed sit in Camden would be paying

Oh it was possible, but one old wifie in a £2m house would've paid the same as each adult in a council flat.

Income meant revenue for government , not individual.

But as widows living in expensive properties are what the Tories need to get them over the electoral finish line it made sense. They just didn't expect everyone to twig that it was blatant gerrymandering.

Kenny Easterday, the "Man with Half A Body" who fathered a child and made regular appearances on the Jerry Springer Show, dead at 45.

WymXQlt.jpg

Kenny Easterday, the "Man with Half A Body" who fathered a child and made regular appearances on the Jerry Springer Show, dead at 45.

WymXQlt.jpg

Was he, like, half-dead, before?

WymXQlt.jpg

I see there's no mention of a child in the announcement.

Kenny was well loved by his family of which he leaves behind a Dad, Mom a Brother, Sister 12 nephews and nieces and Aunts and Uncles.

WymXQlt.jpg

Kenny was well loved by his family of which he leaves behind a Dad, Mom a Brother, Sister 12 nephews and nieces and Aunts and Uncles.

According to his wiki page (I know it's not the best place for refernce) he had a biological daughter, Desiree.

WymXQlt.jpg

According to his wiki page (I know it's not the best place for refernce) he had a biological daughter, Desiree.

It also says

"Apparently, there is some debate whether or not he had fathered a child by his fiancée Nikki"

with a link to a 2010 report that says

"Tonight a DNA test will reveal if he is the biological dad to one of his fiancée's two children.”

I haven't investigated further though.

WymXQlt.jpg

It also says

"Apparently, there is some debate whether or not he had fathered a child by his fiancée Nikki"

"Tonight a DNA test will reveal if he is the biological dad to one of his fiancée's two children.”

Wouldn't that have been why he appeared on Springer?

WymXQlt.jpg

It also says

"Tonight a DNA test will reveal if he is the biological dad to one of his fiancée's two children.

Wouldn't that have been why he appeared on Springer?

That was half the reason.

Edit: tough crowd today. Goddamn....

• Like 1