Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

I fucking loved Kimbo Slice and am inordinately more bummed out about him dying than Bowie, Prince or Ali. However, he really didn't need a thread: "homeless guy gets punched in the skull for a living, does steroids then dies" isn't really a narrative that will have many forthcoming revelations.

• Like 6

I had heard of Kimbo Slice but thought it was probably some kind of soft drink.

• Like 2

Only time I had heard of Kimbo Slice was from his appearance on "Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh" when I watched it with the kids one morning around Christmas before last.

RIP "The dead of 2016" thread.

It's full of crap and off-topic and living people.

• Like 3

R.I.P to Legend and an Icon

One of the few good guys in MMA so of course he had to go

Thought we had a thread for odd or strange sports, but alas could t find it. I searched bullfighter and got zero hits, very hard to believe we never had one.

The bullfighter Rodolfo Rodriguez, known as “El Pana”, has died from injuries he sustained in the ring a month ago, ending the longest career in Mexican bullfighting. El Pana, so called because he was once a baker (panadero), was 64 when he fought his last bull – ironically named Pan francés – on 2 May in the plaza Durango in Mexico.

The bull, catching him off guard, gored him and then threw him into the air. The injuries left him unable to move and barely able to speak, and Rodriguez is said to have asked doctors to allow him to die so that he did not have to live with tetraplegia.

SChttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/03/mexican-bullfighter-rodolfo-rodriguez-el-pana-dies-gored

It's under bovine attacks.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8068

Cool, we can put them there then. Makes sense. Still, my search of 'bullfighter' got zero hits, but muttering about the search box is flogging a dead horse.

SC

Thought we had a thread for odd or strange sports, but alas could t find it. I searched bullfighter and got zero hits, very hard to believe we never had one.

The bullfighter Rodolfo Rodriguez, known as “El Pana”, has died from injuries he sustained in the ring a month ago, ending the longest career in Mexican bullfighting. El Pana, so called because he was once a baker (panadero), was 64 when he fought his last bull – ironically named Pan francés – on 2 May in the plaza Durango in Mexico.

The bull, catching him off guard, gored him and then threw him into the air. The injuries left him unable to move and barely able to speak, and Rodriguez is said to have asked doctors to allow him to die so that he did not have to live with tetraplegia.

SChttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/03/mexican-bullfighter-rodolfo-rodriguez-el-pana-dies-gored

Cool, we can put them there then. Makes sense. Still, my search of 'bullfighter' got zero hits, but muttering about the search box is flogging a dead horse.

SC

Personally I've never had a problem with the search box. On this particular occasion I did the same as you by entering bullfighter and didn't find the bovine attacks thread because the word itself doesn't appear anywhere in the thread. Then I entered just bull and found it straight away. If that hadn't worked I would have entered cow as I suspect you did when you posted there. :)

• Like 1

SC

Personally I've never had a problem with the search box. On this particular occasion I did the same as you by entering bullfighter and didn't find the bovine attacks thread because the word itself doesn't appear anywhere in the thread. Then I entered just bull and found it straight away. If that hadn't worked I would have entered cow as I suspect you did when you posted there. :)

Bloody hell*, how many threads come up when you search for bull? :lol:

(*Ron Weasley)

• Like 1

The on-site search function has always been woeful, the old site::deathlist.net/forums now site:forums.deathlist.net used to work but seems to have been screwed over by the change of address.

I respect Kimbo Slice but this thread needs to be merged as it is completely useless. I mean, he did not deserve his own thread when he was alive and now that he's gone he gets one?

I respect Kimbo Slice but this thread needs to be merged as it is completely useless. I mean, he did not deserve his own thread when he was alive and now that he's gone he gets one?

To be fair half the people who are still alive and have threads don't deserve them.

Everyone's favourite cross between Brian Blessed and New Jack

And it seems the mods have sided with common sense.

• Like 1

Wanna feel old, 20-somethings? (or just anyone who can remember the early 2000s)

A sixteen year old Golden Retriever who was the last surviving search & rescue dog from the World Trade Center, was put to sleep in Texas yesterday

http://kfor.com/2016/06/07/last-surviving-911-search-dog-bretagne-dies-at-16/

Theresa Saldana, actress best known for her role as Rachel Scali in "The Commish" TV series, has died aged 61. :skull:

Theresa Saldana, actress best known for her role as Rachel Scali in "The Commish" TV series, has died aged 61. :skull:

Checked her Wikipedia entry, fucking hell:

On March 15, 1982, Saldana was the stalking victim of Arthur Richard Jackson, a 46-year-old drifter from Aberdeen, Scotland. Jackson became attracted to Saldana after seeing her in the 1980 films Defiance and Raging Bull.[2][3] He obtained Saldana's address by hiring a private investigator to obtain the unlisted phone number of Saldana's mother. Jackson then called Saldana's mother and posed as Martin Scorsese's assistant, saying he needed Saldana's residential address in order to contact her for replacing an actress in a film role in Europe.

Jackson approached Saldana in front of her West Hollywood residence in broad daylight and stabbed her in the torso 10 times with a 5½-inch (14 cm) knife, nearly killing her. His attack was so fierce that the blade bent. Although there were many nearby onlookers,[3]the attack was only interrupted when delivery man Jeff Fenn intervened after hearing her cries, rushed from the second floor of an apartment building, and subdued Jackson. Saldana recovered after four hours of surgery and a four-month hospital stay at the Motion Picture Hospital. She relived the incident in the made-for-TV movie Victims for Victims: The Theresa Saldana Story and again in an episode of Hunter.

Jackson served almost 14 years in prison for the assault and making subsequent threats against Saldana and her rescuer while in prison. He was then extradited to the United Kingdom in 1996 to be tried for a 1966 robbery/murder. Jackson (who once saw himself as "the benevolent angel of death") was found not guilty by diminished responsibility in 1997 and committed to a British psychiatric hospital, where he died of heart failure in 2004 at age 68.

Jackson's method to find and approach Saldana inspired stalker Robert John Bardo to hire a private investigator to contact Rebecca Schaeffer, a young actress whom he subsequently murdered, also in West Hollywood, in 1989.

Robert Reardon has died at the age of 92 just two years after retiring from his job as an air steward.

http://www.startribune.com/obituary-robert-reardon-gave-new-meaning-to-the-golden-age-of-flying/382171501/

Reardon’s devotion to the airways earned him a record-setting career and two spots in the Guinness World Records 2013 edition — oldest active flight attendant and the ­longest career as a flight attendant. He worked at Northwest ­Airlines and then Delta Air Lines for 62 years and 8 months, before finally retiring at 90.

One of the contestants from The Voice has been shot dead while signing autographs. Tragic http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36506082

"The attacker, whose name has not been released, had two guns." - As one does on a trip out to any town in Fla.

They just don't seem to get it.

/rant off

• Like 3

Well that's not playing the game, he was diagnosed back in November but they only waited until now to break the news.

You're speaking to a guy who has a Northamptonians theme team in the DDP this year, what a prick he is to delay this announcement.

He's got nothing on the guy who used to have the Postman Pat puppet back when I was a nipper in the town centre, though.

Deid.

http://m.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/top-stories/all-he-loved-doing-was-making-people-smile-mr-mudge-s-sister-pays-tribute-to-northamptonshire-clown-1-7419480

Mr Mudge leaves behind four children.

They've got big shoes to fill.

• Like 9

I realized that CoffinLedger already did a post, just can' figure out how to delete it.

I realized that CoffinLedger already did a post, just can' figure out how to delete it.

You can't. It will stay here forever for our amusement.

• Like 2

Someone should create Eric Clapton's page. I don't want to make another terrible pun.