Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

South African singer Mandoza dead aged 38 from brain cancer. He was actually on my 2017 long list as he's been covered by the BBC in the past, so I had inklings he might nab a QO.

Well, he wont get one in 2017 now, anyhow.

South African singer Mandoza dead aged 38 from brain cancer. He was actually on my 2017 long list as he's been covered by the BBC in the past, so I had inklings he might nab a QO.

Well, he wont get one in 2017 now, anyhow.

qJEABM5.jpg

MANDOZAAA!!!

• Like 5

Charmian Carr who played one of the Von Trapp Children in The Sound of Music film has died aged 73

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-SOUND-OF-MUSICs-Liesl-Charmian-Carr-Dies-at-73-20160918-

Yes I'll go there...so long, farewell...

It is actually a superb performance from her in a film that quickly becomes reprise after reprise. I'm sorry to hear this news.

• Like 1

I've no problem with chatter, you're harshing my DL buzz!

If it weren't for Y-Dud, GCR and myself the chatter to obit post ratio would get quite ugly. What I'm saying, so as not to dance on the head of a pin, is the three of us account for prolly 60% of the obits. Seeing as we all joined since late 2014, I don't know how many obits went to the wayside around here.

SirC

I often report deaths from Italy and France and I can remember at least one time I announced the death of a DDP pick (Yves Bonnefoy, if I remember well). I've made several reports here. I agree with you that most important and numerous reports cam from Willz, with gcreptile holding the second place in death reporting. The deaths you reported, SirC, as long as I remember, were usually minor deaths, or very minor. You only surprised me when you announced the death of Hugh O'Brian because I was expecting Willz to do it. But there is lack of deaths during the last weeks, as you can clearly see.
The past days have been extremely quiet, so all the obituary writers jumped on Alexis Arquette's death - while I can't remember her in any movie, and I've watched Pulp Fiction about 5 times.

Germany had a death of a former high justice last week, but I didn't care enough to post.

Maybe I should have posted Crazy Eddie's death.

From Pulp Fictionpulp-fiction.jpg

Was also in the Wedding Singer, one Adam Sandler film I can actually stomach. The drag artist who keeps performing Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, if I recall right

I was thinking about reporting it, but felt she was only famous in her own back yard. I saw the ambulances heading towards her farm last night about 8pm.

Big back yard though.

We should create a "Not dead of 2016" dead to discuss people who come back to life after death reports or strokes. Shimon Peres, Chirac, Desmond Tutu, Bhumibol, Tommy Chong and Italian actor Francesco Nuti should be featured.

We should create a "Not dead of 2016" dead to discuss people who come back to life after death reports or strokes. Shimon Peres, Chirac, Desmond Tutu, Bhumibol, Tommy Chong and Italian actor Francesco Nuti should be featured.

Brad Pitt as well

We should distinguish between hoaxes (Chong etc) and almost died (Peres, Tutu etc). Although thinking about it, they have their own threads and these issues have been discussed.

We should distinguish between hoaxes (Chong etc) and almost died (Peres, Tutu etc). Although thinking about it, they have their own threads and these issues have been discussed.

Sometimes I think they are just making fun of us.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think they are just making fun of us.

Maybe it's wanting us to see all of these hoaxes so we don't expect Zsa Zsa to die.

Wow that's a huge loss. RIP. Got to see him last year for the first time ever.

Same thing happened with Percy Sledge. Maybe I can catch Fats Domino later this year?

SC

Wow that's a huge loss. RIP. Got to see him last year for the first time ever.

Same thing happened with Percy Sledge. Maybe I can catch Fats Domino later this year?

SC

Why don't you do that with Justin Beiber? That would be a huge help.

• Like 1