RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

why not Akihito ? Japan emperor.

He is 82, and sick

Looks like he's planning on abdicating.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/990b666a-5b10-11e6-9f70-badea1b336d4.html#axzz4Gf0ZwwM9

if you are linking us news could you please not link a source that costs money.

why not Akihito ? Japan emperor.

He is 82, and sick

Looks like he's planning on abdicating.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/990b666a-5b10-11e6-9f70-badea1b336d4.html#axzz4Gf0ZwwM9

if you are linking us news could you please not link a source that costs money.

Didn't come up like that when I first clicked on it, I got the full report. Try this instead:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/world/asia/emperor-akihito-abdicate.html

Just a little reminder that the gamble of 2017 is still on:

Valeri Spiridonov, the head transplant guy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html

The surgery is set for December 2017.

I hadn't heard about this before. A bit creepy...

Would he be eligible for the Deadpool given that he's only famous because he's undergoing the operation?

I reckon Montserrat Caballé could be a new entry on next years list. Dont know who else will return / make an appearance

Martin Peters has gone downhill fast with his dementia and may well be struggling to see the end of 2017 if he sees the start

Is there a source for that?

Aye, as Toast pointed out above - The Sun printed a team photo on the 50th anniversary and considered the current status of survivors; that was the source of the "downhill rapidly" information

I reckon Montserrat Caballé could be a new entry on next years list. Dont know who else will return / make an appearance

Martin Peters has gone downhill fast with his dementia and may well be struggling to see the end of 2017 if he sees the start

Is there a source for that?

Aye, as Toast pointed out above - The Sun printed a team photo on the 50th anniversary and considered the current status of survivors; that was the source of the "downhill rapidly" information

Found it.Yeah I think on reflection he should be included somewhere on the list.I wonder how many of the 66 boys we could put on the list without it seeming odd?

Just a little reminder that the gamble of 2017 is still on:

Valeri Spiridonov, the head transplant guy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html

The surgery is set for December 2017.

I hadn't heard about this before. A bit creepy...

Would he be eligible for the Deadpool given that he's only famous because he's undergoing the operation?

Not for DL bug possibly DDP material

William Miliken, former governor of Michigan (1969-1983) and 94 years old. Extremely boring pick but I just found out he exists because he endorsed Hillary Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Milliken

I've just found out that Ben Elton's father, Lewis Elton, is still alive at the grand old age of 93. I can't find anything regarding his health though.

Starting to think that although active Betty White, Carl Reiner, Don Rickles amd Mel Brooks might all be worth a punt next year.

Starting to think that although active Betty White, Carl Reiner, Don Rickles amd Mel Brooks might all be worth a punt next year.

Reiner and Rickles yes White & Brooks wait a couple of years.

• Like 1

If the committee want an old soap opera matriarch/gossip/battleaxe like Vivean Gray they could go for the following

Sheila Mercier

June Spencer

June Brown

Heather Chasen

Paula Tilbrook

Patricia Greene

Meg Johnson

Anna Karen

Linda Baron

Liz Dawn

Malcolm Hebden

They could also go for Eileen Derbyshire Freddie Jones Leonard Fenton or Bill Treacher but they dont fit into the above categories.

How could you possibly leave Jean Alexander off that list?

Thought she was on it my bad.Arguably the most famous soap opera actress in British history.I think she was ranked as the 4th most famous woman in Britain in the 80`s behind QE2 Diana and the Queen Mother.Can`t believe she or the character of Hilda was deemed more famous than Maggie Thatcher.

Just my twisted mind I guess but I always thought the Hilda Ogdens (plural) would be perfect Dr Who enemies. They could have swarmed like Daleks and fired their death rays as their hair curlers lit up and their eyes started to glow with evil menace, or summat.

I know you jest, well I think you jest, but I actually was terrified of Hilda Ogden as a child, for more so than anything in Doctor Who.

Anyway, back to ideas for next year. I'm surprised George Blake has never been a more popular DDP pick.

Doesn't Raymond Briggs have some sort of illness? He seems like a deathlist sort of pick anyway.

Next year I'm going to exclusively pick my dead pool candidates from people who'be appeared in soap operas and in addition not pick the same person more than once across all pools and I'm entering everything.

• Like 1

Claus von Bulow is 90 today. Think he may be a strong contender for 2017. "Reversal of Life"?

Re the question higher up the list about how many of the Boys of 66 might usefully be put on the list without it looking personal. I wonder if one is enough

In which case - Peters or Stiles look strong contenders, probs better than Banks and Bonnetti is probably too marginal despite being obitable in his own right

They could put one in at 6, one at 16, 26, 36 and probably find a fifth (Greaves?) for 46 sort of like a DL tribute.

OR

Banks at 1, Stiles at 4, Bonetti at 13 and Peters at 16.

• Like 1

Or of course they could put none of them in and keep backing Lester Piggott.

• Like 1

Re the question higher up the list about how many of the Boys of 66 might usefully be put on the list without it looking personal. I wonder if one is enough

In which case - Peters or Stiles look strong contenders, probs better than Banks and Bonnetti is probably too marginal despite being obitable in his own right

Stiles is a must have.Wilson and Peter`s would be strong contenders.If we had those 3 and dropped Banks and Greavsie it would look ok wouldn`t it?

• Like 1

Joni Mitchell I think would be a good addition for next year.

Joni Mitchell I think would be a good edition for next year.

Edition of what?

Joni Mitchell I think would be a good edition for next year.

Edition of what?

Edited

Really. I feel that if that episode last year was going to lead to anything she would be gone by now. We need some concrete information or we can always write our own National Enquirer article about her sad last days (all 2000 of them)

• Like 1

Really. I feel that if that episode last year was going to lead to anything she would be gone by now. We need some concrete information or we can always write our own National Enquirer article about her sad last days (all 2000 of them)

Ok let`s look at the facts.Her aneurysm was clearly very serious and although reports are that she had made progress there is still no evidence that that is the case.I am aware she was not in a coma or anything but it was clearly a pretty serious issue.Furthermore she has smoked since she was about 9 years old I seem to recall reading and is known for having chain smoked pretty much since then.That is over 60 years worth of smoking.Even if she gave up after the aneurysm her chances of getting throat cancer lung cancer or emphysema must be pretty high.Furthermore if she carries on smoking she could easily have another anurysm/stroke and die.She hasnt been seen or heard of since she fell ill which leads me to conclude she probably hasn`t fully recovered.I just think that picking a chainsmoker in their 70`s who is incredibly famous and successful and has suffered a serious health setback is worth a shot on the list.I am not saying make her number 1 but between 45 and 50 would seem appropriate.Would be an embarrassing miss.

• Like 1

Ok let`s look at the facts.Her aneurysm was clearly very serious and although reports are that she had made progress there is still no evidence that that is the case.I am aware she was not in a coma or anything but it was clearly a pretty serious issue.Furthermore she has smoked since she was about 9 years old I seem to recall reading and is known for having chain smoked pretty much since then.That is over 60 years worth of smoking.Even if she gave up after the aneurysm her chances of getting throat cancer lung cancer or emphysema must be pretty high.Furthermore if she carries on smoking she could easily have another anurysm/stroke and die.She hasnt been seen or heard of since she fell ill which leads me to conclude she probably hasn`t fully recovered.I just think that picking a chainsmoker in their 70`s who is incredibly famous and successful and has suffered a serious health setback is worth a shot on the list.I am not saying make her number 1 but between 45 and 50 would seem appropriate.Would be an embarrassing miss.

I think we are just taking the lack of credible information in different ways.

EDIT: just checked that I wasn't being a hypocrite she did not make the cut for my draft team but I have picked Peter Tork for no better reason.