RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

We have a tradition of picking MTM stars.

2014: Ed Asner, Valerie Harper

2015: Valerie Harper

2016: Mary Tyler Moore

I hate to overcomplicate things by adding ANOTHER one to the bunch, but how about Cloris Leachman? She is 91 in April, is wheel-chair bound, and apparently has Alzheimer's.

Betty White is also a MTM actress. & I believe that she's on this years list. I'll have to double check, though.
Are you a committee member?
Last I checked, no.
Then how do you know the list?

He doesn't, if he thinks Betty White is on it.

He was referring to this year's list.

• Like 2

I hate to overcomplicate things by adding ANOTHER one to the bunch, but how about Cloris Leachman? She is 91 in April, is wheel-chair bound, and apparently has Alzheimer's.

Betty White is also a MTM actress. & I believe that she's on this years list. I'll have to double check, though.
Are you a committee member?
Last I checked, no.
Then how do you know the list?

He doesn't, if he thinks Betty White is on it.

He was referring to this year's list.

You are correct, I thought that she was on this years list, but I was wrong. But I did double check, to prove my wrongness. :D:P

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Changed your mind have you, RadGuy?

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-eleventh-cloris-leachman-ed-asner-florence-henderson-tv-show-feeln-hallmark-1201731877/

Cloris Leachman, Ed Asner, and Florence Henderson starring in a new TV show together.

Cloris and Ed look really bad in the photos, but if they can star in a new TV show, their health can't be that bad.

Florence looks fantastic.

None of them should be considered for next year (is there a thread for "non-possibilities for 2017"?)

Okay, but that was months ago.

Also, Florence Henderson died last month, so maybe the TV show is a curse?

• Like 1

Also, Florence Henderson died last month, so maybe the TV show is a curse?

The show's not cursed, they're just old.

One of my musical heroes, John Wetton lead singer of Asia / King Crimson /UK etc , ex-Roxy Music bassist has been fighting cancer throughout 2016. He married his girlfriend in November and Asia have an USA tour scheduled with Journey.

However his recent Christmas photo on twitter and November wedding photo on twitter suggests it may be a short tour. He should sadly definately be on the list for 2017

• Like 3

One of my musical heroes, John Wetton lead singer of Asia / King Crimson /UK etc , ex-Roxy Music bassist has been fighting cancer throughout 2016. He married his girlfriend in November and Asia have an USA tour scheduled with Journey.

However his recent Christmas photo on twitter and November wedding photo on twitter suggests it may be a short tour. He should sadly definately be on the list for 2017

Let our search box be your friend. You'll find it located near the top right of any page.

SC

He looks very gaunt and frail.

• Like 1

Looks like G. Monty Brinson did around the same time a year ago.

Confession: I haven't picked Wetton for anything. It never entered my mind for some reason.

Looks like G. Monty Brinson did around the same time a year ago.

Confession: I haven't picked Wetton for anything. It never entered my mind for some reason.

we all make stupid mistakes like me for example when I didn't list Caroline Ahern.

Re: Sir Gerald Kaufman MP

Spoke to one of my Mancunian Labour friends today on the phone and asked why he had been absent from Parliament since mid-May. He confirmed to me that he's "gravely ill".

I'll give him a month.

How reliable a source is he?

Aye, are you trusting a politician for this information?

My suggestions for new or reappeared names:

Danielle Darrieux - 1917 - legendary French actress, wife of Porpirio Rubirosa

Claus Von Bulow - 1926

Imelda Marcos - 1929

Monica Vitti - 1931 - Italian actress, suffering from Alzheimer's

Robert Mugabe - 1924

Doris Day - 1922/4

Joanne Woodward - 1930 - Oscar winner, wife of the late Paul Newman

Jeanne Moreau - 1928 - French actress

Valery Giscard d'Estaing - 1926

Milan Kundera - 1929 - Czech / French author

• Like 2

Very surprised that Mugabe wasn't in every death list

My suggestions for new or reappeared names:

Danielle Darrieux - 1917 - legendary French actress, wife of Porpirio Rubirosa

Claus Von Bulow - 1926

Imelda Marcos - 1929

Monica Vitti - 1931 - Italian actress, suffering from Alzheimer's

Robert Mugabe - 1924

Doris Day - 1922/4

Joanne Woodward - 1930 - Oscar winner, wife of the late Paul Newman

Jeanne Moreau - 1928 - French actress

Valery Giscard d'Estaing - 1926

Milan Kundera - 1929 - Czech / French author

I couldn't believe it when they announced an Asia tour. How will he be well enough to travel, stand up on stage and sing and play bass?

Maybe he's not as ill as he makes out, but he certainly looks it. I'd be pretty surprised to see Wetton make 2018 at this stage - would give him a less than 50% chance of being alive at the start of 2018.

I couldn't believe it when they announced an Asia tour. How will he be well enough to travel, stand up on stage and sing and play bass?

Maybe he's not as ill as he makes out, but he certainly looks it. I'd be pretty surprised to see Wetton make 2018 at this stage - would give him a less than 50% chance of being alive at the start of 2018.

Bonus points for not making it out because he is on teams such as David Quantick Showbiz Pals and The Living End.
  • Like 1

Bonus points for not making it out because he is on teams such as David Quantick Showbiz Pals and The Living End.

Whose teams are those? Don't fully understand all these teams, deadpools, etc. I prefer to keep things simple!

I heard an album by the project Blue Rose Code today, and was stunned to learn that the main man behind that project is a friend of Wetton and he plays on the album. Even if you compare pics of Wetton from earlier last year, he looks relatively healthy back then.

Wetton, May 2016:

Cga_GPPDXIAAIRpp_jpg_large.jpg

Wetton and his wife, Nov 2016:

Cyh_XMi_RXc_AAog_W9_jpg_large.jpg

Wetton and his wife, Dec 2016:

C0hez6_JXc_AQk_PPr_jpg_large.jpg

Whose teams are those? Don't fully understand all these teams, deadpools, etc. I prefer to keep things simple!

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk

The Living End is Devon Death Trip's team.

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals is Spade Cooley's.

The DDP is not directly connected with this site (although it is curated by The Man In Black). But this is the main place where DDP discussion takes place as it does not have its own forum.

Various other in-house competitions as you have noticed, I agree they can be quite confusing!