Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Hatter

Thoughts On The 2016 List

Only two more months before we see if deathlist will get a better list than this year.

Only TWO days till we're at November 27th, the day that PD James died in 2014.

Only TWO days till we're at November 27th, the day that PD James died in 2014.

And the day after I post it, Castro dies.

• Zsa Zsa Gabor
  • Joao Havelange
  • Bhumibol Adulyadej
  • Billy Graham
  • Stan Lee
  • Javier Perez de Cuellar
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Prince Philip
  • James Randi
  • Joost van der Westhuizen
  • Henry Kissinger
  • George Bush Sr
  • Fidel Castro
  • Jake Lamotta
  • Prince Philip
  • Muhammad Ali
AT LEAST, half of these people are gonna die this year

I'll bet you a can of coffee to the homeless that not more than 3 meet their maker. That gives you lots of lee-way, seeing as you predict 8. Are we on?

SC

Have you given your can of coffee to the homeless yet? More than three in his list has died.
  • Like 2

• Zsa Zsa Gabor
  • Joao Havelange
  • Bhumibol Adulyadej
  • Billy Graham
  • Stan Lee
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Prince Philip
  • James Randi
  • Henry Kissinger
  • George Bush Sr
  • Fidel Castro
  • Jake Lamotta
  • Prince Philip
  • Muhammad Ali

I'll bet you a can of coffee to the homeless that not more than 3 meet their maker. That gives you lots of lee-way, seeing as you predict 8. Are we on?

SC

Have you given your can of coffee to the homeless yet? More than three in his list has died.

You should buy the homeless a few cups of coffee instead. They may not have the capacity to brew coffee, being that they're homeless and all.

• Like 1

• Zsa Zsa Gabor
  • Joao Havelange
  • Bhumibol Adulyadej
  • Billy Graham
  • Stan Lee
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Prince Philip
  • James Randi
  • Henry Kissinger
  • George Bush Sr
  • Fidel Castro
  • Jake Lamotta
  • Prince Philip
  • Muhammad Ali

SC

You should buy the homeless a few cups of coffee instead. They may not have the capacity to brew coffee, being that they're homeless and all.

"Let them eat sun tea" they got all they need to make that.

I think my point remains well-made, 340 days into the year. It was an absolutely absurd list and assertion. But a can of coffee or it's equivalent they shall get. I need the charity to send 3£ to. Or add to Deathrace charity or summat.

SC

So we are at 10 hits right now, the amount of hits there were in 2014. I do think this was a better year than 2014, even if we don't get anymore hits (and the year isn't over yet), mainly because of the quality of hits we got. Ghali, Reagan, Ali, King of Thailand, Castro, and now Zsa Zsa. The only person in 2014 that really matches that level of fame in my eyes is Lauren Bacall. Now what I want to rant about is how many of the first time picks were poor choices. Not all of them were bad, but many of them were. So let's review those picks:

MTM: I hate to break it to the forum users, but I don't think she's really that ill. Sorry, but we probably would've gotten more news if she was very ill.

Prunella Scales: I think the problem with her is that she was put on too early. She probably won't make it to 2019, so I wouldn't drop her.

Jimmy Carter: To be fair, I think many of us thought his cancer would return. Wouldn't call him a bad pick, but more of an unlucky pick.

Tommy Chong: Note to committee, don't include a cancer sufferer unless it's terminal.

Doug Ellis: Literally just an old dude, and it doesn't look like he's leaving anytime soon.

Sandy Gall: Same as above, although like msc said, bring in more scottish.

Robert M Pirsig: He's frail, but he's not that frail if you know what I mean.

Lester Piggott: Do I even need to explain why he was a bad pick?

Glen Campbell: That one new person many of us hopes makes it to 2017, because if he doesn't...

Boutros Boutros-Ghali: Dead :skill2:

Murray Walker: Again he's just an old dude. No health issues (apart from minor cancer that didn't kill him).

Jimmy Greaves: His cancer is getting worse, but I think he'll see the year out.

Gordon Banks: He seems more like Tommy Chong at this stage, but he's one to keep an eye out on.

Jacques Chirac: Recent hospitalizations makes him a better pick for 2017 than he was for 2016.

Paul Gascoigne: Putting drug addicts on deathlist is tricky, as they could die tomorrow, or they could die 20 years from now. Although I don't think he's seeing his 70s at the rates he's going at...

John Noakes: Like Scales, he is a case of being put on the list too early.

Random observation: The DL this year seems to have a good knack for killing off names that received a substantial boost in their positioning. Crowe, Bhumibol, Adams, Smith, and Reagan all rose by at least 16 spots compared to last year. Peter Sallis and Vera Lynn may want to keep careful for the next few days.

• Like 1

12 deaths isn't bad by any means. It's just most of the newcomers that are bad. We probably could've gotten more if they chose better newcomers like Howard Marks

On 09/03/2016 at 00:31, Bibliogryphon said:

That will be a record he will have died twice.

Achieved!

Timesha Beachamp, a 20-year-old suburban Detroit woman who was declared dead only to be found alive at a funeral home in August, has died.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/19/timesha-beauchamp-dies-woman-found-alive-declared-dead